talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Man City 4-2 Tottenham - Thursday 19th January, 2023

football forum

• Administrator

Kick-off 20.00

Live on Sky Sports

1200px-Manchester_City_FC_badge.svg.png         VS      1200px-Tottenham_Hotspur.svg.png

Last 3 Meetings
19/02/2022 - Man City 2-3 Tottenham
15/08/2021 - Tottenham 1-0 Man City
25/04/2021 - Man City 1-0 Tottenham

Recent Form
Man City - LLWWD
Tottenham - LWWLD

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber
12 hours ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Storts I'm quite curious are you cheering on spurs or man city in this game? xD

Always spurs, but it won’t be so disappointing if we lose. But will be typical spurs to go and win this one 

The worst memory I have under Conte was the away match at the Ethiad in 2018 where he genuinely accepted a defeat before the match and just set up shop to make sure we didn't lose more than 1-0. 

Given City's form you'd expect Spurs to test them but you just never know under Conte.

Conte's got to stop with this stubborn bollocks, change to 4-3-3 and have a go for me. I've always felt Spurs looked better like that. Get some more control of the ball in midfield.

Even if they went 4-2-3-1. I think either is more comfortable for the players they have and would get more out this team. 

Otherwise, they are just walking into another shitstorm and literally praying for Kulusevski and Kane to come up with the decisive moment.

Conte definitely seems to be getting it wrong. I have seen analysis that Spurs are playing as a defensive team, without being particularly good at defending. And Kane & Son haven't been in form for so long I doubt they will ever be quite the same, week in week out.

It did feel a very jarring reaction, to me, when Conte seemed to react as though he considered Villa a highly dangerous visiting team. Sounded very similar to Jesse Marsch after Leeds visited Villa. Respect for Unai Emery? Perhaps. But odd when the managers of 5th & 14th places sides sound to be of a similar deferential mind when losing to the currently 11th placed side. It's usually an outrage to everyone involved when Villa get 3 points.

Not gonna lie, Man City's back four looks average. Kane, Son, and Kulusevski really should cause Man City a problem.

Man City's attack is a different thing altogether though... will be tough to keep quiet.

• Administrator

Man City lacking a lot of heart in this performance. 

Ederson error for the first. Rodri weak for the 2nd losing out to Kane. 

Expect more from a side that has spent as much as they have. Spurs taking advantage of the mistakes. 

• The title was changed to Man City 4-2 Tottenham - Thursday 19th January, 2023
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived