Relegated - Cheltenham, Morecombe

National League (optional)

Winner - Tranmere

Promoted - Hartlepool

Relegated - Dover, Maidenhead, Guiseley, Solihull

Ya reckon?

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Ya reckon?

Yeah, I don't see why not. Shaun Derry is doing a good job down there and I think they can build on last season. Only four points away from playoffs last year and but for a poor run at the end, they would have been in there. They started horrendously too I think. If they can iron that out and stay reasonably consistent, I can see them getting playoffs for sure and then, it's anyone's.

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Yeah, I don't see why not. Shaun Derry is doing a good job down there and I think they can build on last season. Only four points away from playoffs last year and but for a poor run at the end, they would have been in there. They started horrendously too I think. If they can iron that out and stay reasonably consistent, I can see them getting playoffs for sure and then, it's anyone's.

Derry is apparently one of the favourites to replace Cathro at Hearts. 

• Subscriber
On 7/18/2017 at 9:37 AM, Smiley Culture said:

Championship;

Winner - Middlesbrough

Promoted - Wolves, Norwich City

Relegated - Ipswich Town, Millwall, Burton Albion

League One

Winner - Blackburn Rovers

Promoted - Bradford City, Wigan Athletic

Relegated - Oldham Athletic, Blackpool, Northampton Town, Walsall (total guesswork this)

League Two (These truly are guesses I'm afraid)

Winner - Chesterfield

Promoted - Accrington, Exeter, Stevenage

Relegated - Newport, Barnet

National League (optional)

Winner - Tranmere Rovers

Promoted - Leyton Orient

Relegated - Absolutely no clue unfortunately.

20 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Derry is apparently one of the favourites to replace Cathro at Hearts. 

Whilst it's a bigger job I think it would take a lot for him to relocate his family again and give up on the current project. He was planning how to get pre season right back in February! 

• Subscriber
Just now, Aaroncpfc said:

Whilst it's a bigger job I think it would take a lot for him to relocate his family again and give up on the current project. He was planning how to get pre season right back in February! 

He's not that popular among some Cambridge fans looking at some of them commenting online that they hope he buggers off to Hearts basically. Might just be the vocal pitchfork minority of course but I don't see how changing manager this close to the season can be anything other than a mess.

I'm hoping my local side Carlisle go up this year, think they've got a decent chance, small squad and very small budget but some very good players and I think a good manager in Keith Curle.

Blackburn to win League One and Middlesbrough to win the Championship.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • Subscriber

The majority of Sheff Weds fans I've seen on Twitter were anti-Carvalhal going into this season and that doesn't come from looking like promotion favourites. They're nowhere near at present.

I reckon Wolves will walk that league in the end.

Current bottom three all look shocking.

The way it's going youd fancy Wolves to walk it given their quality. Really hope that Cardiff and Sheffield United hold firm. I imagine Villa and 'Boro will go from strength to strength and Derby should hold there own as per usual.

Sunderland have surprised me the most. I thought they'd struggle to mount a playoff challenge but they really should be doing better than 0 home wins this season.

I think Fulham have surprised me most. Very poor by their standards considering what they are capable of. Jokanovic is on borrowed time there now and if he continues to lose games, he'll be needing Snookers...

11 hours ago, Lucas said:

I think Fulham have surprised me most. Very poor by their standards considering what they are capable of. Jokanovic is on borrowed time there now and if he continues to lose games, he'll be needing Snookers...

I was listening to a Podcast about Fulham, interesting what's happened there. Apparently they took the statistics model on with their transfers, I guess for last season or so it was going well signing the likes of Aluko etc. But then the guy who runs the stats came head to head with the manager because the manager wanted his signings to get some gametime in the u23s, and the statto basically told them not to.

Anyway the statto got the sack recently and now it's back to Jokanovic again.

21 hours ago, Lucas said:

The Fulham fans I speak to say there biggest problem is the average age of the squad. Because theyre all of a similar age with similar exoeriences when they're struggling there's nobody like Scott Parker around to coach them through it on the pitch. Not signing a player of Alukos quality on deadline day was a huge dent to their aspirations too.

Speakint of Aluko, given Reading haven't exactly had to replace their entire team I expected then to be doing much better too.

13 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

The Fulham fans I speak to say there biggest problem is the average age of the squad. Because theyre all of a similar age with similar exoeriences when they're struggling there's nobody like Scott Parker around to coach them through it on the pitch. Not signing a player of Alukos quality on deadline day was a huge dent to their aspirations too.

Speakint of Aluko, given Reading haven't exactly had to replace their entire team I expected then to be doing much better too.

Possibly. But that shouldn't be an excuse for them to be performing so poor. They have some really good talent and personally, if they don't do it this season, I can see them losing the likes of Sessagnon and Cairney for sure.

Archived