The better place to talk football.

Neymar Jr. Discussion

football forum

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Asura said:

what happened to the hot babes thread? I cant find it in the pub section

Google was constantly punishing us for unsuitable content and if we're wanting the site to grow, we need to be operating within what Google wants, unfortunately.

9 hours ago, Cannabis said:

@Rab can explain but I think Google were harming the site because some of the pictures were classed as adult material.

6 hours ago, Rab said:

Google was constantly punishing us for unsuitable content and if we're wanting the site to grow, we need to be operating within what Google wants, unfortunately.

Any way you can lock/hide it and not let google know we have such a thread :ph34r:

Man, Neymar is a very hot topic here in Brazil right now. Finally someone had the guts to criticize Neymar for being the spoiled and immature brat he is. Casagrande really brought today. xD Neymar Pai was upset on Instagram and Neymar fans are really pissed. It´s a freaking comedy. 

Here is what Casagrande said about Neymar. English translation from @JuanG_Arango

“Football is collective. A team does not have to fit the profile of a person like Neymar. Neymar has to has to fit the team. That’s how a football team works.”

“Neymar still isn’t as great as a Maradona, Messi or @Cristiano where a team can depend on him to resolve everything(carry them). That’s not the case. Brazilians are being fooled by this.”

“It makes me vbery uncomfortable that many (Brazilian) fans and journalists decided to (look the other way) over Neymar. He has shown on several occasions certain attitudes that are not part of the collective. He acts spoiled and at times puts the team at risk.”

“(On Wednesday), he was booked in the first half. If he committed another foul, the referee would have sent him off. That would have been disastrous. That type of thing could happen in the World Cup.”

“I have been in football since I was a kid and rarely have I seen such a rude, sporting wise, player. I always worked with kids and I have never seen anything like this. It’s time someone educate this (boy) or we are going to create a monster.”

“The jersey weighs a great deal in European competition. When you are in a two-legged tie with a team like @RealMadrid it’s very difficult to win. Not everyone can do it. You must have a little history. You can’t just sign a lot of great players and throw a PSG jersey on them.’

Way to go, Casão! :congrats:@SirBalon @Blue

I'm glad I'm not Brazilian haha

Disagree entirely though that he's not as good as Cristiano, who for me isn't even in the top 5 anymore. I think its fair to say he doesn't carry teams though.

2 hours ago, El_Loco said:

Man, Neymar is a very hot topic here in Brazil right now. Finally someone had the guts to criticize Neymar for being the spoiled and immature brat he is. Casagrande really brought today. xD Neymar Pai was upset on Instagram and Neymar fans are really pissed. It´s a freaking comedy. 

Here is what Casagrande said about Neymar. English translation from @JuanG_Arango

Way to go, Casão! :congrats:@SirBalon @Blue

Casagrande is 100% right and i can’t add more to what he said to be honest.

In my personal opinion Neymar has actually regressed since he went to PSG and has become indulging and almost totally embedded within his own persona. He has become his own world and it won’t be long before he leaves Paris too.

He wasn’t like that at Barça in the dressing room or at training until his last couple of months where he started to become petulant and even answered back Luis Enrique’s assistant coach.

On the field it was a different matter where oponents don’t take kindly to what they interpret as a lack of respect and almost beyond football and more a freestyle footballer that does circus tricks instead of playing football. From there he gets coaxed and he falls into the trap of retaliating and that is dangerous for his teams be it his club or his country as Casagrande says.

I don’t think it has anything to do with age because he’s even becoming worse and to be honest, he’s in his 5th year in Europe so he’s no newbie.

I’ve read and listened to many things on Neymar and his entourage and his father gets a lot of the blame but in my experience with these sorts of matters what the father merely does is enable his son and isn’t part of the problem his son has but is an issue where it comes to educating him and placing discipline with respect for others and especially those in his team where football is concerned. 

Discipline is necessary in all walks of life as we all know but in sport it’s imperative.

I didn’t like him much as an individual at Barcelona although he does have great moments where football is concerned. I don’t have to like the person though because a I never really liked Maradona as a person and he was my ultimate football idol. But at least Maradona respected football when he was a player and especially his colleagues both at club and international level. 

11 minutes ago, Batard said:

He’s annoyed with the club for selling Lucas. He’s unhappy with Pastore as he doesn’t get on with Thiago Silva. His focus is questionably not a 100%

Add the Cavani situation in there's aswell and the PSG fans whistling him in unison, high profile French media (ex footballers) speaking against him in a voiciferous manner.  In a matter of five months I've never seen anyone have such an impact at his new club.

23 minutes ago, Cannabis said:

Apart from when he cheated his way past England in the World Cup?

He also scored possibly the greatest goal in history straight after. In all seriousness though, players cheat in one way or another all the time mate.  They don't like Henry much in Eire.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Cannabis said:

Apart from when he cheated his way past England in the World Cup?

There’s a great Maradona docu being released, talks all about winning and winning by cheating because it hurts your opponetnts more. It was something Menotti was big on. @Berserker what do you know of this?

26 minutes ago, Batard said:

There’s a great Maradona docu being released, talks all about winning and winning by cheating because it hurts your opponetnts more. It was something Menotti was big on. @Berserker what do you know of this?

Which documentary... I really want to see it an more because of what you said about Menotti because of how vocal he's always been against cheating. I'm a100% Menottista and digest everything and anything about him.

59 minutes ago, Batard said:

To be honest i haven't heard of it and i think i remember Maradona denying he had used drugs to aid him in football so it would surprise me if he were to say otherwise. And the only time i can remember him cheating is the hand of god (well deserved although:P) he wasn't a diver like Neymar, Ali and co, he would get kicked on purpose to make him fall several times and he would just go on and try to continue the play rather than let himself fall and ask for the foul. He even played with a severely swollen ankle against Romania.

22 minutes ago, Berserker said:

he wasn't a diver like Neymar, Ali and co, he would get kicked on purpose to make him fall several times and he would just go on and try to continue the play rather than let himself fall and ask for the foul.

Le cosieron a patadas!

• Administrator
10 hours ago, Berserker said:

To be honest i haven't heard of it and i think i remember Maradona denying he had used drugs to aid him in football so it would surprise me if he were to say otherwise. And the only time i can remember him cheating is the hand of god (well deserved although:P) he wasn't a diver like Neymar, Ali and co, he would get kicked on purpose to make him fall several times and he would just go on and try to continue the play rather than let himself fall and ask for the foul. He even played with a severely swollen ankle against Romania.

I wouldn’t count the drugs as cheating; more a really really stupid thing he did because of the pressurized life he had in Naples. I mean cheating, like doing what’s needed to win a game, like handball etc.

I’ve heard early stuff from the docu and apparently the hand of God goal - and you can correct me and the docu maker here - is more remembered and valued than his second goal against England. Simply because he did all he could to score to hurt the opposition.

It's curious on the Menotti side of things because of his purist belief on how football should be played while the opposite end of the spectrum is a Bilardo and the more brutal, physical, win in any which way you can impression. This is why you have Menottistas and Bilardistas.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived