The better place to talk football.

Neymar Jr. Discussion

football forum

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
28 minutes ago, Harry said:

And you were only just beginning a likeable club again... 😔

There’s no way Lampard would want him nor would the club even entertain his wage demands. Probably a leaked rumor from Neymar’s agent to pressure Barcelona 

2 minutes ago, Cicero said:

There’s no way Lampard would want him nor would the club even entertain his wage demands. Probably a leaked rumor from Neymar’s agent to pressure Barcelona 

They should have linked to a club that doesn't have a transfer ban and apparently less money to spend than they did previously...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

@El Profesor nobody will notice him while still playing in France though unfortunately mate. It was probably the most terrible move a player has ever made. He's been class for PSG but nobody seems to speak about him anymore.

Mbappe gets nowhere near the credit he deserves either for the same reasons. PSG might pay great wages but it's a dreadful move for any top player to go there from a football perspective. 

10 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

@El Profesor nobody will notice him while still playing in France though unfortunately mate. It was probably the most terrible move a player has ever made. He's been class for PSG but nobody seems to speak about him anymore.

Mbappe gets nowhere near the credit he deserves either for the same reasons. PSG might pay great wages but it's a dreadful move for any top player to go there from a football perspective. 

Yes. Ligue 1 simply hasn't the visibility that a player like Neymar deserves. 

In my opinion, he's at the best form of his career at the moment. He not only is a great player individually but now he seems to be more aware of his teammates. 

Tuchel deserves credit for using him more centralized. 

Neymar is apparently 28 today. My word, time flies.

Brazil's best of this generation, no doubt. He has little time to establish himself as a "legend" though. He's coasted far too much in his career and hasn't been able to take advantage of his "star" status yet. As mentioned by others above, Ligue 1 isn't making him visible, which is a shame but he hasn't done enough in CL since joining PSG.

Still has a few years to step up. Also if he wins the 2022 World Cup he'll definitely be remembered.

4 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

He's playing in a more competitive league than England.

As abhorrent as PSG are in purely moral terms, I've never understood the English tendency to sneer. We have two of our very own fake, plastic trees in Chelsea and Manchester City right here. 

Is it tough? One season with a clear winner in how many? The French league since PSG took over is super boring for a title fight.

Just now, Vader said:

4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Is it tough? One season with a clear winner in how many? The French league since PSG took over is super boring for a title fight. 

The only reason England isn't as dominated by one or two clubs is because fake clubs like Chelsea and Manchester City have popped up, they are the same cancerous boils as PSG but we're supposed to celebrate that?

Just now, The Artful Dodger said:

The only reason England isn't as dominated by one or two clubs is because fake clubs like Chelsea and Manchester City have popped up, they are the same cancerous boils as PSG but we're supposed to celebrate that?

God you are obsessed with "fake" "plastic" "foreign fans not local" and so on. Have a beer mate enjoy life have a laugh sometimes. No one cares you dislike these fake clubs or fake fans, trust me no one. I can understand what you are pointing out, but Jesus take a break.

17 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

He's playing in a more competitive league than England.

As abhorrent as PSG are in purely moral terms, I've never understood the English tendency to sneer. We have two of our very own fake, plastic trees in Chelsea and Manchester City right here. 

The founding of PSG has well to do with it as well, although I don't think many people are aware of their circumstances. The club was only founded in 1970 by a group of business men that wanted to fabricate a trendy club for Paris, they merged two clubs together (one of them only one year old) with support of Santiago Bernabeau. They were soon taken over by a fashion designer that brings us their new kits.

Personally, I don't really care for or against the club, life is too short to waste energy on hating football, as opposed to enjoying it. I dislike the Qatari regime though, mainly for their human rights violations concerning importing labour.

• 11 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Archived