football forum

NEYMAR JR

ace58f2becef2ef451d3e8e157e90c463eebca60

Full Name: Neymar da Silva Santos Junior 

DOB: 05/02/1992 (Aged 25)

POB: Mogi das Cruzes, Brazil

Height: 5'9

Position: Forward/Winger

Neymar da Silva Santos Júnior (born 5 February 1992), commonly known as Neymar or Neymar Jr., is a Brazilian professional footballer who plays as a forward for Qatari side Paris Saint-Germain and the Brazilian national team.

Neymar came into prominence at an early age at Santos, where he made his professional debut aged 17. He helped the club win two successive Campeonato Paulista championships, a Copa do Brasil and the 2011 Copa Libratadores, Santos' first continental title since 1963.

Known for his dribbling, finishing, and ability with both feet, Neymar has earned comparisons to former Brazil and Santos forward Pele. Off the pitch, he ranks among the world's most prominent sportsmen; SportsPro named him the most marketable athlete in the world in 2012 and 2013, and ESPN cited him as the world's fourth-most famous athlete in 2016.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Neymar isn't going nowhere!

But... If he wants to go, then he can go. FC Barcelona is a football club with history and isn't made up of a name that played for them. They've been there since the start and they'll continue to be there.

Neymar is nobody in a comparison scale to the club because Barça will continue to be competitive while Neymar is an individual.

He can go to that meaningless football club if he likes and fill his pocket up. In the meantime Barça will continue to be Barça. 

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

But... If he wants to go, then he can go. FC Barcelona is a football club with history and isn't made up of a name that played for them. They've been there since the start and they'll continue to be there.

Neymar is nobody in a comparison scale to the club because Barça will continue to be competitive while Neymar is an individual.

He can go to that meaningless football club if he likes and fill his pocket up. In the meantime Barça will continue to be Barça. 

Bitter ?

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Couldn't have said it any better than this. We want to keep hold of Neymar because he's an exceptional player, and personally I don't think he will leave just yet, but if he really does want to go, then by all means, go. We'd be better off without an individual who doesn't want to be at the club and isn't 100% committed anymore

12 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

How is that bitter. Not at all... If he goes, he goes. Another will come or another will emerge. Barça wasn't founded in the 70s. 

Only fishing. 

Same reason we want Costa out, as he wasn't 100% committed here and his on the pitch antics were a liability, but apparently according to some, we are mad for wanting him to go and are going to suffer for it. 

6 minutes ago, Spike said:

I'd sell him. Rotten influence; not through his character (which I quite like) but through what he wants.

@El_Loco who's our resident Brazilian on here has commented many times on Neymar's character and how he's controlled by his father.  To be honest, I couldn't give a damn in the same manner as I don't care if Alexis leaves Arsenal.  Obviously Alexis' departure would hurt Arsenal a lot more than Neymar's from Barcelona, but it's all in the same vein in terms of what's right.

I agree with you if that story is true which FC Barcelona have officially come out saying it isn't.

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Only fishing. 

Same reason we want Costa out, as he wasn't 100% committed here and his on the pitch antics were a liability, but apparently according to some, we are mad for wanting him to go and are going to suffer for it. 

Clubs are made up of their fanbase and then the historical entity they possess.  It doesn't matter whether your club is Barcelona, Chelsea, Real Madrid, Juventus or Oxford United, Morecambe, Luton Town or Exeter City...  All those football clubs are worth more than an individual because whether that player stays throughout his entire career or leaves for whatever reason, the club remains and so do its fans.

Neymar wants to win the Ballon d'Or and at Barça that's difficult while Messi exists and continues to play at the club.  If his initiative or his ambition is to do that in the immediate future, then he does indeed need to leave because he's being overshadowed by one of the greatest of all time within the same team.  Neymar has already won it all at Barcelona with the Champions League, La Liga, Copa del Rey, Club World Cup and European Super Cup.

Like I said...  Barcelona have come out straight away officially saying that it's all a lie.  But then again I lived through the moment Ronaldo (the real one) left Barça to go to Inter Milan and also when Luis Figo went to Real Madrid...  The club continued to excel.

Paris Saint-Germain isn't a real football club.  They are made up of sensationalism and the players that they sign...  Add to that the city of Paris which isn't a small factor and there you have it all with them.  They aren't a football club for real!  Players that go there (important players) are cop outs...  Just as in the same vein as those that go to China.  The only difference with PSG to Chinese clubs is that PSG have the benefit of playing in the biggest club competition on earth, the Champions League.  Other than that, they're nothing.

49 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

@El_Loco who's our resident Brazilian on here has commented many times on Neymar's character and how he's controlled by his father.  To be honest, I couldn't give a damn in the same manner as I don't care if Alexis leaves Arsenal.  Obviously Alexis' departure would hurt Arsenal a lot more than Neymar's from Barcelona, but it's all in the same vein in terms of what's right.

I agree with you if that story is true which FC Barcelona have officially come out saying it isn't.

I know. In fact I've a Brazilian friend that grew up near Neymar, so I've heard quite a lot about him through word of mouth. The point being you cannot separate Snr from Jr. and the growing threat of having a tighter stranglehold over the club than Messi.

I think the possibility of Neymar going to PSG is very real. It´s not an easy transfer obviously, because the sums are going to be huge, but I can see Neymar being convinced by his staff and by the brazilians at PSG to leave Barcelona. 

First of all, in Brazil PSG is viewed as a big club. Not only because of the recent investment but also because they have a history of buying high-profile brazilian players since the days of Canal Plus and Raí, Valdo, Ricardo Gomes and Leonardo. 

Second, for brazilian players the Fifa Balon D´Or is an obsession. Every decent prospect will mention it as a goal in their career. It is absurd to give so much importance to that award, but it is how things how are. And there is a growing sentiment here that Neymar will never get it in Barcelona, because he always will be overshadowed by Messi. 

Also, you can bet Dani Alves and the brazilian contingent at PSG is doing everything to convince Neymar to join them. 

And since Neymar Pai is moved by the money, you can bet he´s already envisioning the made he will make in the transfer and the increase in Neymar´s salary.  And Nike probably sees it favorably as well, since they´ll sell a ton of that new yellow PSG shirt. 

Having said all that, take everything with a grain of salt when it comes to Neymar. His dad and his staff are not trustworthy. 

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Cannabis said:

I'd say most people would vote Messi > Suarez > Neymar (not that I agree with this myself).

A couple of years ago yeah but I now rate Neymar better overall than Suarez. 

I don't believe this transfer will happen, what a load of shite. "A deal has been agreed" Fuckoffffffff

4 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

A couple of years ago yeah but I now rate Neymar better overall than Suarez. 

I don't believe this transfer will happen, what a load of shite. "A deal has been agreed" Fuckoffffffff

Arabs have money to burn and the object of money means nothing to them...  They use it to get what is practically impossible in terms of what they culturally possess as an incentive to accumulate.

That aside...  I went first and foremost into the object and subject of money because for PSG or for anyone to buy either Neymar Jr or Lionel Messi would mean a global deal that is almost unthinkable.

FC Barcelona would refer to the buy-out clause which with Neymar stands at €250m (from yesterday) and then the buying club after forking out those €250m would have to take a 600 odd kilometre trip to Madrid and the fiscal office in person (due to the buying entity being foreign) and deposit almost 50% of the total value as (IVA = VAT) tax...  That's another €120m (48% tax) taking the total to €370m...  It doesn't end there because seeing as it's a price based purchase of a commodity for a company, they would be subjective to a tax payment in the entity's home country of 22% which would be around abouts another €50m taking it now to €420m.

Ok...  So we have a total price tag just to sign the player of €400m odd...  Now we have to speak about the deal Neymar Jr would be getting because that's also part of the deal...  Maybe a 5 or 6 year deal seeing as he's so young?  I won't even go into speculating how much money that would be, but you can sure bet that due to PSG being a club that attracts its assets due to two factors...  Money first and foremost and then the city of Paris because living in Paris when you're rich isn't exactly like living in Manchester for example.  So the primary incentive for massive names going to PSG will always be "pay me enough and I'll put on your shirt".

Will Paris Saint-Germain do all this?  xD  There is only one winner in all of it and that's FC Barcelona and the tax office.

Anyhow...  FC Barcelona have vehemently denied there's anything in this story and that it is a pure fabrication by L'Équipe in France.  Barça have said Neymar is going nowhere and that if anyone wants Neymar and Neymar wants to leave (something Barça have said he doesn't) then the buy-out clause without negotiation is there on the player's contract.

I personally don't give a damn to be honest.  There are other players that can come and do the job like Dybala or maybe even Mbappé off the top of my head...  Barcelona would have a lot of money to splash around.  Also I don't care because any player that doesn't want to play for a club should have the door opened and asked to sort his future out wherever it is they want to go to.  All this business about holding onto players against their wish is ridiculous although I understand they're under contract.  But having an unhappy player can be very bad for a dressing room.

8 hours ago, Dalmore said:

Maybe this is the reason why he doesn't want to stay in Barcelona. He always wanted to be the No 1 but in Barca that was obviously  impossible for him.

As long as Lionel Messi still plays football, no matter where Neymar goes, at best he will be No 2. 

The Barcelona based press are adamant that this is all rubbish. The only thing some journalists are entertaining is that this talk is some sort of revenge tactic for going after PSG's Marco Verratti.

The only question I ask is why Neymar hasn't rubbished the story himself yet. 

• Subscriber

222 million Euros is roughly £200m which is more than double what Pogba went for. Neymar is one of the best players in the world but I can't believe nobody is losing their shit about how much money that is.

11 hours ago, Pep Talk said:

Two years ago I would agree. Think Suarez fell off abit last season.

What? He's scored nearly 40 goals last season? Neymar didn't really show any quality up until January whereas Suarez and Messi have been picking up the rest of the team's slack. 

Since 2014 Suarez has always been and still is 3rd in the world and rightfully so. 

2 hours ago, SirBalon said:

The Barcelona based press are adamant that this is all rubbish. The only thing some journalists are entertaining is that this talk is some sort of revenge tactic for going after PSG's Marco Verratti.

The only question I ask is why Neymar hasn't rubbished the story himself yet. 

It´s clear to me that someone from inside Neymar´s staff told Bechler it was a done deal, perhaps Neymar Pai himself confirmed the information. Something is definitely going on here.

Archived