talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neymar Jr. Discussion

football forum

Should Neymar really does leave to Paris, an Italian news outlet called SportMediaset ( I'm not sure of their reliability ) say that Paulo Dybala of Juventus is atop Barcelona's wishlist to replace the Brazilian with.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
24 minutes ago, Messiesta said:

Should Neymar really does leave to Paris, an Italian news outlet called SportMediaset ( I'm not sure of their reliability ) say that Paulo Dybala of Juventus is atop Barcelona's wishlist to replace the Brazilian with.

There are certain journalists in Turin hoping the story behind Neymar leaving to PSG is rubbish.  All that money to spend and more would make Barcelona lethal in the transfer market.  Dybala would be in like a shot!

An economics expert that works for the New York Times said this afternoon that the whole deal to take Neymar away from FC Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain considering both fiscal systems would cost a whopping €528m.  That's £494m.... :o

I'm actually hoping it happens to be honest.

47 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

An economics expert that works for the New York Times said this afternoon that the whole deal to take Neymar away from FC Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain considering both fiscal systems would cost a whopping €528m.  That's £494m.... :o

I'm actually hoping it happens to be honest.

Me too. I know you completely disagree with me but I think Neymar should have the guts to leave Messi´s shadow and try to lead PSG to their first european title ever. It is a huge risk but it could pay off in a big way, and anyway financially it is also better. He will never be an idol in Barcelona like he would be in Paris, Barça already has a long and rich story and I think he should go to a place where he can write his own history. 

Not to mention the fact that if Neymar leaves, Barcelona´s spending would be epic and would move the entire market. It´d be exciting. And if I were a Barça fan I´d rather have let´s say Dybala, Koke and Coutinho any day of the week over Neymar. 

14 hours ago, Cicero said:

What? He's scored nearly 40 goals last season? Neymar didn't really show any quality up until January whereas Suarez and Messi have been picking up the rest of the team's slack. 

Since 2014 Suarez has always been and still is 3rd in the world and rightfully so. 

being better is more than just goals. Neymar's impact was far better than Suarez for the most part.

11 hours ago, El_Loco said:

Me too. I know you completely disagree with me but I think Neymar should have the guts to leave Messi´s shadow and try to lead PSG to their first european title ever. It is a huge risk but it could pay off in a big way, and anyway financially it is also better. He will never be an idol in Barcelona like he would be in Paris, Barça already has a long and rich story and I think he should go to a place where he can write his own history. 

Not to mention the fact that if Neymar leaves, Barcelona´s spending would be epic and would move the entire market. It´d be exciting. And if I were a Barça fan I´d rather have let´s say Dybala, Koke and Coutinho any day of the week over Neymar. 

Mate, the only reason I want this deal to happen is because I'd love to see a club spend such an obscene amount of money.  I get no personal satisfaction out of someone earning stupid amounts as much as I don't feel any gladness in my heart for any individual playing in a collective sport moving to a meaningless league so as to make his life easier because some mates play there or to facilitate an individualistic dominant enhanced performance.

Put it this way...  Whatever he does in Ligue1 will mean nothing in the grand scheme of things...  When was the last time a player playing in France's top division won the Ballon d'Or?

Risky?  Of course risky, but that's his own prerogative and his own decision to make because he is master of his own destiny for good or for worse as in any walk of life.  The ONLY way he can gain the Ballon d'Or while playing in France is by winning the Champions League and that competition as any competition isn't decided by teams made up of premium pieces on its own.  There are all sorts of factors involved in winning it and a great side is only one of those factors!  Bayern Munich, FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea and various others that have the experience, the history and the tradition in many cases can thwart you in 90 to 120 minutes of football.

Whereas players playing in leagues such as England, Spain, Italy or even Germany can win accolades by performing domestically as well as in European competition, in France you are subjected to only one outlet.  How many individual international accolades did Zlatan Ibrahimović earn while raping Ligue1 for a number of years?  None!  Zero!

So he wants to ease his path to glory because at Barça there are a number of the best players in the world participating?  Count also other clubs like Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid competing for glory and stealing your thunder.  That's a cop out!  It's only that!

At Barcelona Messi is now 30 years of age as is Luis Suárez and he has the opportunity (Neymar) to rise to the top and take the club to the new cycle of dominance because Barça as you say is a historical club that will always be there in amongst the competitors including the prestige of playing in one of the real great leagues.  While Messi is still playing, Neymar can go wherever he likes that he will remain being the second or maybe even third best in the world.  He'll have to do the exact waiting game he would do even if he were playing in the Premier League or Serie 'A'.  He is already at one of the great clubs in world football and it means nothing whatever tradition PSG have in employing other past Brazilians because those Brazilians as great as they were never won any personal prestige at that club because even though it can pay to money and is situated in France's capital, it still resides in Ligue1 which dies by comparison to other European leagues.  Ronaldinho left PSG to become a great, not the other way around mate!

I want this to happen because Barça will get tons of money, the fiscal system will rape the situation in both Spain and France and everything will remain in its status quo.  Because glory isn't just based on accumulation of acquisitions...  It's also based on project planning, tradition and the worst part, luck along the way.  Clubs like Barça, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich can get knocked out in early rounds and maintain their prestige hoping for a better season next year.  Clubs like PSG getting knocked out for whatever reason even if unlucky, are questioned and ridiculed in the sense of "new money, no history or tradition stays the same no matter how much they try to buy success".

My wish for €500m to be spent on one player is a morbid wry smile on my face one mate...  I really really do hope it happens!

7 hours ago, Pep Talk said:

being better is more than just goals. Neymar's impact was far better than Suarez for the most part.

Again, Neymar was rubbish up until January. Suarez has more to his game than just goals,

If I were Barça, I'd negotiate with PSG if Neymar really wants to leave. I'd say that Barça will sell Neymat but Verratti is coming the other way!

€120m plus Verratti for Neymar and the deal is done. Verratti is of much more importance to Barcelona's future mechanics than Neymar. 

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

If I were Barça, I'd negotiate with PSG if Neymar really wants to leave. I'd say that Barça will sell Neymat but Verratti is coming the other way!

€120m plus Verratti for Neymar and the deal is done. Verratti is of much more importance to Barcelona's future mechanics than Neymar. 

Why would they negotiate with us when they do have the money to just match the release clause though? I know it's logical and cheaper, but you know how PSG are....they won't want to give us Verratti in exchange for Neymar, they'd want both. And if they won't give us Verratti as part of the deal, then we won't negotiate. The release clause is there, match it if you want him.

8 minutes ago, Messiesta said:

Why would they negotiate with us when they do have the money to just match the release clause though? I know it's logical and cheaper, but you know how PSG are....they won't want to give us Verratti in exchange for Neymar, they'd want both. And if they won't give us Verratti as part of the deal, then we won't negotiate. The release clause is there, match it if you want him.

Barcelona won't negotiate because they make more money out of Neymar than what they'll get as the release clause as crazy as that may sound. Neymar is a marketing phenomenon on a match with both Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo.

But if they're gonna pay the release clause with everything that comes with it then even Arabs will negotiate. They're used to haggling for camels in exchange for women which means that this will be a lot more ethical and will educate them. 

5 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Mate, the only reason I want this deal to happen is because I'd love to see a club spend such an obscene amount of money.  I get no personal satisfaction out of someone earning stupid amounts as much as I don't feel any gladness in my heart for any individual playing in a collective sport moving to a meaningless league so as to make his life easier because some mates play there or to facilitate an individualistic dominant enhanced performance.

Put it this way...  Whatever he does in Ligue1 will mean nothing in the grand scheme of things...  When was the last time a player playing in France's top division won the Ballon d'Or?

Risky?  Of course risky, but that's his own prerogative and his own decision to make because he is master of his own destiny for good or for worse as in any walk of life.  The ONLY way he can gain the Ballon d'Or while playing in France is by winning the Champions League and that competition as any competition isn't decided by teams made up of premium pieces on its own.  There are all sorts of factors involved in winning it and a great side is only one of those factors!  Bayern Munich, FC Barcelona, Real Madrid, Juventus, Manchester City, Manchester United, Chelsea and various others that have the experience, the history and the tradition in many cases can thwart you in 90 to 120 minutes of football.

Whereas players playing in leagues such as England, Spain, Italy or even Germany can win accolades by performing domestically as well as in European competition, in France you are subjected to only one outlet.  How many individual international accolades did Zlatan Ibrahimović earn while raping Ligue1 for a number of years?  None!  Zero!

So he wants to ease his path to glory because at Barça there are a number of the best players in the world participating?  Count also other clubs like Real Madrid and Atlético Madrid competing for glory and stealing your thunder.  That's a cop out!  It's only that!

At Barcelona Messi is now 30 years of age as is Luis Suárez and he has the opportunity (Neymar) to rise to the top and take the club to the new cycle of dominance because Barça as you say is a historical club that will always be there in amongst the competitors including the prestige of playing in one of the real great leagues.  While Messi is still playing, Neymar can go wherever he likes that he will remain being the second or maybe even third best in the world.  He'll have to do the exact waiting game he would do even if he were playing in the Premier League or Serie 'A'.  He is already at one of the great clubs in world football and it means nothing whatever tradition PSG have in employing other past Brazilians because those Brazilians as great as they were never won any personal prestige at that club because even though it can pay to money and is situated in France's capital, it still resides in Ligue1 which dies by comparison to other European leagues.  Ronaldinho left PSG to become a great, not the other way around mate!

I want this to happen because Barça will get tons of money, the fiscal system will rape the situation in both Spain and France and everything will remain in its status quo.  Because glory isn't just based on accumulation of acquisitions...  It's also based on project planning, tradition and the worst part, luck along the way.  Clubs like Barça, Real Madrid or Bayern Munich can get knocked out in early rounds and maintain their prestige hoping for a better season next year.  Clubs like PSG getting knocked out for whatever reason even if unlucky, are questioned and ridiculed in the sense of "new money, no history or tradition stays the same no matter how much they try to buy success".

My wish for €500m to be spent on one player is a morbid wry smile on my face one mate...  I really really do hope it happens!

My point, Baloncito, is: Barcelona already has Messi, Iniesta, Xavi and many other players in recent history who will always rank higher in the hearts of fans, no matter what Neymar does for them. I think a good argument for his exit is that he should try to write his own history in football. I think it´s only normal that a player like him find compeled to become the main man. Elite athletes are very competitive and ambitious. 

I get what you´re saying about Ligue 1, it definitely ranks lower than La Liga, and George Weah is the only player I can remember winning Ballon D´Or while playing in France. In my opinion, the right move for Neymar was always Manchester United. They play in the most competitive league in the world, are a traditional club and have the resources to make him even more recognized than he is now. 

But thinking well, you know what? I think Neymar could actually be thinking that PSG is an easy path, since Ligue 1 is weaker, and that he will go to Paris to have an easier life and more time to party with his brazilian mates. It´s what we call we here "formar o bonde". Like Ronaldinho still does those days. xD 

If he really is thinking about an easy life, he´s in for a shock. French fans are very demanding and the qataris are not that nice when they feel they´re being clowned. 

And I agree that Veratti and Dybala would make Barça a much better team overall. 

RAC1 just tweeted that the deal to take Neymar to Paris is advanced and now very feasible 

Every summer since Neymar came to Barcelona he's been rumoured to leave, but it seems that this time it really is time to say goodbye 

Tim Vickery also says the same thing as @El_Loco 

It is true that Neymar won't win the FIFA player of the year at Barca. PSG have a side that can win UCL. And Neymar could be the main man there.

Personally hope this doesn't happen, though, simply because of the possibility of Barca coming after Coutinho.

35 minutes ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

It is true that Neymar won't win the FIFA player of the year at Barca. PSG have a side that can win UCL. And Neymar could be the main man there.

Personally hope this doesn't happen, though, simply because of the possibility of Barca coming after Coutinho.

The man to replace Neymar would be Dybala. Although that doesn't affect Barcelona's interest in Coutinho.

There are plenty of other major European journalists saying the opposite in that Neymar is mental if he wants to leave.

1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

Tom Mockery is a complete retard, you shouldn't listen to anything that clown may have to say.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

The man to replace Neymar would be Dybala. Although that doesn't affect Barcelona's interest in Coutinho.

There are plenty of other major European journalists saying the opposite in that Neymar is mental if he wants to leave.

One thing he should think before leaving is that the qataris won´t be very nice to him and to his dad if he start all these shenanigans, let´s say in 3 years time, to force a move to England. We had this talk about Veratti on another topic, but if a guy goes to PSG he must know that he´ll only leave only when the contract expires, there´s no way to force a move if you´re a PSG player. 

I´m on the minority here, but I think he should move to PSG. It´s just too money to leave on the table and it´s not like Ligue 1 is chinese league, La Liga is better but the downgrade is not as big as some people suggest.

37 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

One thing he should think before leaving is that the qataris won´t be very nice to him and to his dad if he start all these shenanigans, let´s say in 3 years time, to force a move to England. We had this talk about Veratti on another topic, but if a guy goes to PSG he must know that he´ll only leave only when the contract expires, there´s no way to force a move if you´re a PSG player. 

I´m on the minority here, but I think he should move to PSG. It´s just too money to leave on the table and it´s not like Ligue 1 is chinese league, La Liga is better but the downgrade is not as big as some people suggest.

Yeah mate...  The poor guy is being ruined at Barça.  It's not exactly the type of club you want to be at and his big move to none other than Paris Saint-Germain (big move from Barcelona to none other than PSG xD) could be thwarted because Barcelona are going to hold him ransom to the transfer fee clause he signed not so long ago and which is related to the amount he earns..  Which is where I go to the money aspect.  Indeed that's another reason why he should go because he is being held prisoner to a contract that in relation to his status as a footballer is being paid pittance...  He's only the third highest paid player in European football and that is why I'm with him in this heinous crime that's being committed to decency.  He's just another victim of people being underpaid in the terrible restricting times we live in of austerity.

This isn't on you mate at all...  These words are me speaking aloud and using the reasons you've put forward (as have very few others) as to why he would want to leave.  He ISN'T the best player in the world, so he can't be the best player in the world simply by playing in a different club or league.  It doesn't make sense!  Unless he wants to be the best player in Ligue1...  Then he can give a hand at that by going to the best team in France by a million light years.  He will be able to do his flicks and tricks when PSG are 6-0 up against Bordeaux.

I personally want him out and I have a nasty feeling he's going to stay because from what I'm hearing, the buy out clause which this July has now risen to €250m is illegal to activate for whatever reason according to the FC Barcelona president.  There has to be a negotiation and Barça don't want to negotiate with PSG (sort of a comeback on the Qataris and their way of doing things).

Let me add that it was Neymar who fought to go to Barça!  Let me add his own words when the transfer was going through difficult moments;

"I only want to go to Barcelona.  It's the only option and it's my dream move, everything I've dreamed of since I was a child.  To play with Messi, Iniesta and Xavi would be a dream come true."

I don't like people like him in real life!  I've known people like that and I shun them!  He's a very rich and privileged individual and everything else is just bordering on the perverse and obscene.

HE HAS TO GO in my opinion.

15 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah mate...  The poor guy is being ruined at Barça.  It's not exactly the type of club you want to be at and his big move to none other than Paris Saint-Germain could be thwarted because Barcelona are going to hold him ransom to the transfer fee clause he signed not so long ago and which is related to the amount he earns..  Which is where I go to the money aspect.  Indeed that's another reason why he should go because he is being held prisoner to a contract that in relation to his status as a footballer is being paid pittance...  He's only the third highest paid player in European football and that is why I'm with him in this heinous crime that's being committed to decency.  He's just another victim of people being underpaid in the terrible restricting times we live in of austerity.

This isn't on you mate at all...  These words are me speaking aloud and using the reasons you've put forward (as have very few others) as to why he would want to leave.  He ISN'T the best player in the world, so he can't be the best player in the world simply by playing in a different club or league.  It doesn't make sense!  Unless he wants to be the best player in Ligue1...  Then he can give a hand at that by going to the best team in France by a million light years.  He will be able to do his flicks and tricks when PSG are 6-0 up against Bordeaux.

I personally want him out and I have a nasty feeling he's going to stay because from what I'm hearing, the buy out clause which this July has now risen to €250m is illegal to activate for whatever reason according to the FC Barcelona president.  There has to be a negotiation and Barça don't want to negotiate with PSG (sort of a comeback on the Qataris and their way of doing things).

Let me add that it was Neymar who fought to go to Barça!  Let me add his own words when the transfer was going through difficult moments;

"I only want to go to Barcelona.  It's the only option and it's my dream move, everything I've dreamed of since I was a child.  To play with Messi, Iniesta and Xavi would be a dream come true."

I don't like people like him in real life!  I've known people like that and I shun them!  He's a very rich and privileged individual and everything else is just bordering on the perverse and obscene.

Never said that he´s being ruined at Barça nor that he´s a prisioner. I´ve just said that I think he should try to go to a place where he´s the main star. Don´t get me wrong, Messi is a better player, he´s on totally different level than Neymar, he deserves the spotlight but I think Neymar should try a new challenge. 

I think many of his and his dad´s actions are questionable ethically, but I can totally understand the desire to go for a new club. Like I´ve said before, elite athletes are ambitious and very competitive, and that´s why I think Cruyff was right when he said you can´t have 2 kings on a castle. He was criticized back then, but the man knew what he was talking about. 

If I was a Barça fan, my only grip is that it´s very late, I´m not sure if you´ll be able to buy replacements in this transfer window, but I think Barcelona can use the money to become and more balanced team. Weigl and Dybala, for example, would make Barcelona better imo.

2 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Never said that he´s being ruined at Barça nor that he´s a prisioner. I´ve just said that I think he should try to go to a place where he´s the main star. Don´t get me wrong, Messi is a better player, he´s on totally different level than Neymar, he deserves the spotlight but I think Neymar should try a new challenge. 

I think many of his and his dad´s actions are questionable ethically, but I can totally understand the desire to go for a new club. Like I´ve said before, elite athletes are ambitious and very competitive, and that´s why I think Cruyff was right when he said you can´t have 2 kings on a castle. He was criticized back then, but the man knew what he was talking about. 

If I was a Barça fan, my only grip is that it´s very late, I´m not sure if you´ll be able to buy replacements in this transfer window, but I think Barcelona can use the money to become and more balanced team. 

I said at the end that it wasn't directed at you mate...  It's directed at the very few that think moving from Barcelona to PSG is normal.

I don't want him there.  Not at all and there is ample time to sign absolutely anyone mate.  There's a whole month!  What's got to be done though is that this situation should be resolved in the next few days and not longer than a week.  The problem is that this Barça board are incompetent.

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

I said at the end that it wasn't directed at you mate...  It's directed at the very few that think moving from Barcelona to PSG is normal.

I don't want him there.  Not at all and there is ample time to sign absolutely anyone mate.  There's a whole month!  What's got to be done though is that this situation should be resolved in the next few days and not longer than a week.  The problem is that this Barça board are incompetent.

Getting rid of Neymar Pai is a huge plus for Barcelona. That man is scum, Baloncito. In the future, you could end up with some very questionable brazilian players at Barça because of his influence. 

I´m convinced you can build a better team. Priority would be fixing that midfield hole you have, with Rakitic and Arda declining, I think you need fresh blood on that midfield. 

28 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Yeah mate...  The poor guy is being ruined at Barça.  It's not exactly the type of club you want to be at and his big move to none other than Paris Saint-Germain (big move from Barcelona to none other than PSG xD) could be thwarted because Barcelona are going to hold him ransom to the transfer fee clause he signed not so long ago and which is related to the amount he earns..  Which is where I go to the money aspect.  Indeed that's another reason why he should go because he is being held prisoner to a contract that in relation to his status as a footballer is being paid pittance...  He's only the third highest paid player in European football and that is why I'm with him in this heinous crime that's being committed to decency.  He's just another victim of people being underpaid in the terrible restricting times we live in of austerity.

Didn't think you were on the same wagon as me mate. Nice to you see you came around to the Spike side. I can't slate the fellow on a personal level as I do not know him. However, I can safely say he is a poor professional and his ear turns to quickly to the tune hfsther and advisors whistle. I think he still has a child's mentality about his family and does what dad says.

9 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Getting rid of Neymar Pai is a huge plus for Barcelona. That man is scum, Baloncito. In the future, you could end up with some very questionable brazilian players at Barça because of his influence. 

I´m convinced you can build a better team. Priority would be fixing that midfield hole you have, with Rakitic and Arda declining, I think you need fresh blood on that midfield. 

The midfield does need additions and Barça wouldn't need them if like I said, this board wasn't so incompetent because the perfect replacement for Xavi was at home with Thiago Alcántara.  That was a fiasco and it's happened more times after that!  Stupid signings like Jérémy Mathieu, Douglas or Thomas Vermaelen to name just three.

Neymar's father is indeed scum, but he's not the first father of a sports star that's acted in this manner of coveting money when they already have obscene amounts.  I don't know if you remember, but there was once a US female tennis star that looked to be going onto amazing things.  She could've probably been the greatest female tennis star in history, she was that good as a child.  I'm talking about Jennifer Capriati and her father ruined her!

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

Didn't think you were on the same wagon as me mate. Nice to you see you came around to the Spike side. I can't slate the fellow on a personal level as I do not know him. However, I can safely say he is a poor professional and his ear turns to quickly to the tune hfsther and advisors whistle. I think he still has a child's mentality about his family and does what dad says.

I've always thought this way mate although in life you have to give slack to all parties because sometimes the unethical can be borderline and interpreted in different ways by many which means we have to think various times before forming a whole opinion.  But in cases like this one, it's plain to see and it's almost verging on the ridiculous!

I blame the board on a large scale to be honest because like I said some posts back, I would tell PSG that Barça WILL infact negotiate and that there's no need to go the whole obscene hog of the ridiculous amounts of money that the French club would have to pay.  Because like I said in my very first post on this (or was it the second one, I don't know), it's not just the €250m that PSG have to pay, but because it's activating a buy-out clause, then the tax has to be paid on top of that leading the fee to almost €500 with everything surrounding it.  I would negotiate by receiving money (not that amount) plus Verratti who sorts out real problems at Barça.

Archived