talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neymar Jr. Discussion

football forum

1501627164459.jpg

Here is tomorrow's front page on SPORT where the headline reads "BLOCKED" in reference to the transfer from FC Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain.

All of this actually does more harm to Barça than good in my opinion.

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply

img_pmorata_20170802-090715_imagenes_md_

Neymar tells his teammates he's leaving

Nearly three weeks after the rumour exploded onto the public domain about Neymar leaving, he finally opens his mouth and he does it in private with his teammates.  Neymar arrived in Barcelona last night at around 21:00 from his publicity obligations in China and first thing this morning Neymar went into the training complex, but not to train.  He went in to communicate to his teammates that he's leaving the club, he's going to Paris Saint-Germain.  The truth is that the rest of the players were now sick of the whole situation and a number of them had already told him to his face that he had to come out and say something publicly, something he refused to do and still hasn't opened his mouth to the public domain, to the fans!

In the meantime Barcelona are fighting with the LFP to unblock the situation that sees La Liga's authority not wanting to accept the buy-out clause amount that Neymar himself has to deposit in their offices in Madrid.  Barcelona don't want this block, they want Neymar out of the scene as quickly as possible.

12 minutes ago, The Artful Dodger said:

Players are always better keeping quiet, their comments can always be twisted and turned by the media, then thrown back at them if things change.

This is true...  But this case is unique because of everything revolving around it and not just the crazy amount of money PSG could be about to pay for the services of the player. Some of his teammates who they have held him as a close friend have spoken out in his defence publicly on a number of occasions and they feel used as do various people associated to the club....  Not to speak about the actual club itself because I know that unless you're a fan of the club you give a damn about that.

But we should care because this particular case is a sign of the future and we can't then all play demagoguery and lay into another player when he does it in the future just because we feel more sympathetic to said club.

This Neymar transfer, if it does go through, is a gamechanger with historical and far-reaching implications.

Stunned by how he's treated the fans. Complete lack of respect.

His indecision is affecting our transfer window. Now it's a mad dash to sign players before the deadline. Complete lack of control on the part of the board. Hate this current Barca board.

Laporta wasn't perfect but I miss him and his board. They know football.

Just now, Savvy Xavi said:

Balon, do you foresee fans hating Neymar as much as Figo? "We hate you so much because we loved you so much"?

I wrote about this earlier in this thread and made a comparison with the Figo situation.  There are similarities although both moments are very different!

Whereas Neymar has never said anything publicly, Luis Figo did in a statement via the club's publicity machine where he stated all the rumours associated to a secret agreement with Florentino Pérez and Real Madrid were all untrue and that he was the Barcelona captain...  It's not the fact Figo moved to Real Madrid that hurt the fans in such a manner...  There have been a number of players in the past that have moved from Barça to Real Madrid and none of those situations ever generated what the Figo moment did and it's down to what I've just said in terms of the lead up to it.

Neymar has made an enemy of the fans but it's not in the same fashion.  He will be a hated figure, but not in the same manner as Figo who will eternally be seen public enemy number one.

Neymar and his family's thirst for money in this situation is the perverse side of it.  It's everything revolving around it as you can read on the articles that have been posted on this thread over the past couple of weeks.  Anyone that thinks that's ok needs their head checking!  You can't go around complaining about mercenaries and how the capitalist system is so rotten and then because you dislike the club so much, just bypass it so as to have an opportunity to make another swipe!

The club have done nothing wrong in this particular case with Neymar.  Neymar at no moment has spoken to anyone at the club to explain why he wanted or even if he wanted to leave.  The club were being informed as everyone else was via the public media.

So he's finally officially revealed his intention to leave to the board...but it isn't the end of the drama until the transfer officially goes through, so hopefully that happens sooner rather than later. 

Glad we're nearing the end of this nonsense at long last. 

4 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I wrote about this earlier in this thread and made a comparison with the Figo situation.  There are similarities although both moments are very different!

Whereas Neymar has never said anything publicly, Luis Figo did in a statement via the club's publicity machine where he stated all the rumours associated to a secret agreement with Florentino Pérez and Real Madrid were all untrue and that he was the Barcelona captain...  It's not the fact Figo moved to Real Madrid that hurt the fans in such a manner...  There have been a number of players in the past that have moved from Barça to Real Madrid and none of those situations ever generated what the Figo moment did and it's down to what I've just said in terms of the lead up to it.

Neymar has made an enemy of the fans but it's not in the same fashion.  He will be a hated figure, but not in the same manner as Figo who will eternally be seen public enemy number one.

Neymar and his family's thirst for money in this situation is the perverse side of it.  It's everything revolving around it as you can read on the articles that have been posted on this thread over the past couple of weeks.  Anyone that thinks that's ok needs their head checking!  You can't go around complaining about mercenaries and how the capitalist system is so rotten and then because you dislike the club so much, just bypass it so as to have an opportunity to make another swipe!

The club have done nothing wrong in this particular case with Neymar.  Neymar at no moment has spoken to anyone at the club to explain why he wanted or even if he wanted to leave.  The club were being informed as everyone else was via the public media.

Neymar's transfer to PSG reminds me more of Ronaldo's transfer to Inter. This is probably what that transfer would look like nowadays with more coverage and social networks. Anyway, well done, Neymarzinho. 👏 I'm not sure if PSG is the right club, but he's definitely right to leave Barcelona. 

10 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Neymar's transfer to PSG reminds me more of Ronaldo's transfer to Inter. This is probably what that transfer would look like nowadays with more coverage and social networks. Anyway, well done, Neymarzinho. 👏 I'm not sure if PSG is the right club, but he's definitely right to leave Barcelona. 

Why is he right to leave Barcelona?

Give me a good coherent reason for this. 

I can tell you he is scum and on that note you'll find it difficult to refute unless you resort to favela type culture which I don't expect from you.

If he suffered so much poverty and has been afflicted by it mentally. Then why doesn't he resort to "El Diosisito" like all of that lot?

In truth 90% of Barça fans are happy to get rid of him after all of this. PSG is actually the most correct club for him in this continent. They're pretentious without having anything to show for it where football is concerned.

What's for sure is that PSG are going to have to pay the clause. Barcelona won't negotiate for more like they want so as to evade taxes. Let's see how they handle this one because otherwise Neymar is in limbo. Now that would be hilarious before the "selecção" go to the World Cup. :congrats:

10 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I can tell you he is scum and on that note you'll find it difficult to refute unless you resort to favela type culture which I don't expect from you.

If he suffered so much poverty and has been afflicted by it mentally. Then why doesn't he resort to "El Diosisito" like all of that lot?

I'm critical of Neymar for many reasons, but not of his desire to leave. It makes a lot of sense, in my opinion. First of all, he will double his salary. That alone would be a very good reason. Yes, he's already very rich, but he'd be leaving a lot of money on the table. Secondly, at PSG the team will be built around him. He will be the focus, the most important plays, free-kicks, it'll be up to him. Football is a team sport, but there is only one ball and in the decisive moments he will have it. 

24 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Anyway, what exactly is favela culture? I mean, I see this mentioned a lot in this Neymar saga and makes no sense to me. Neymar does not come from a favela, his family was poor but far from miserable. 

9 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

I'm critical of Neymar for many reasons, but not of his desire to leave. It makes a lot of sense, in my opinion. First of all, he will double his salary. That alone would be a very good reason. Yes, he's already very rich, but he'd be leaving a lot of money on the table. Secondly, at PSG the team will be built around him. He will be the focus, the most important plays, free-kicks, it'll be up to him. Football is a team sport, but there is only one ball and in the decisive moments he will have it. 

Oh poor him mate!

He can't play in a team full of stars and needs to search for anclub that will pay him more money and where he'll be the focus of attention. I know what that's called in everyday life.

I'm not going to wish him luck because I don't know him personally and haven't been affected bu him emotionally on a sentimental value. I am only but a fan and as a fan I have expressed my opinion.

He can now enjoy being invisible domestically and hope to "Diosisito" that he helps him one more time into winning that Champions League.

Unzué left it clear to him before the season ended on how the whole scene works. But he decided to throw a strop. 

11 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Anyway, what exactly is favela culture? I mean, I see this mentioned a lot in this Neymar saga and makes no sense to me. Neymar does not come from a favela, his family was poor but far from miserable. 

Neymar ACTS like a desperate case in the search for hoarding money and leaving behind all ethics. Those are the actions of somone that in an advanced society is seen as either "new money" or "low life".

Take a wrong turn in a favela and your destiny is no longer in your hands. Keep the window down on your car at a set of traffic lights and your future will end up like "El Negro" Cáceres. 

Archived