talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neymar Jr. Discussion

football forum

• Administrator
Just now, Kowabunga said:

The Spanish Government? Are you really serious?  Let me tell you Centralist French bastard there are several levels of decision making administration bodies in Spain.

I'm not going to lose sleep over the minutia. Suffice to say, Spanish clubs and administrative bodies have been "creative" with their accounting and remarkably forgiving of it. In the U.K and France it wouldn't slide. You disagree? Fine, let's move on. 

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Batard said:

I'm not going to lose sleep over the minutia. Suffice to say, Spanish clubs and administrative bodies have been "creative" with their accounting and remarkably forgiving of it. In the U.K and France it wouldn't slide. You disagree? Fine, let's move on. 

Lol with the virtue signalling.

It wouldn't slide? Yeah, I couldn't forget about the tight grip between Sarkozy and Qatar. How it was, didn't they pay him big bucks for the divorce? 

Just like he was some sort of French Pai Neymar being paid millions for being nice to the arabs.

• Administrator
Just now, Kowabunga said:

Lol with the virtue signalling.

It wouldn't slide? Yeah, I couldn't forget about the tight grip between Sarkozy and Qatar. How it was, didn't they pay him big bucks for the divorce? 

Just like he was some sort of French Pai Neymar being payed millions for being nice to the arabs.

Someone's a little sensitive tonight. Feeling like your country is being misrepresented? Consider what you'd like to achieve from this conversation before responding. 

33 minutes ago, Batard said:

I can't  help feel that Spanish football doesn't come out of this looking particular well. If anything the League have been embarrassing in their conduct and Barcelona must feel bewildered. 

As for a state paying, the point I was eluding too is the Spanish government heavily influenced funding at Real, who can forget the training ground purchase and sale back to Real farce. Creative bookkeeping is the norm nowadays, can anyone prove Qatar paid for Neymar? Of course not, it's just a larger scale representation of what has occurred for sometime now, with investment from China etc 

Mate...  This isn't me wanting to play "who's the innocent one at the party"...  But depicting the Spanish govenrment or any particular club in something that has absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with this topic, this case, this transfer is pure demagoguery.

What has the fact Real Madrid being given ease of market in land disputes got to do with PSG not spending a cent on Neymar and getting Qatar to use a state controlled department to pay the money?  Is PSG from Saint Germain or is PSG from Doha? Maybe they can move the Eiffel Tower to Qatar but always leave the Rue Saint-Denis where it is because that's Haram.  Or maybe Emmanuel Macron can sell the Arc de Triomphe to the Qataris in the same manner Britain sold London Bridge to the Yanks...  I'm going off topic here mate and that's what's occurring here but never forget that the club's crest you wear on this forum has a shady past and that European Cup fiasco intertwined with all sorts of untoward actions...  I could actually go into quite a number of fraudulent acts in French football over the past decades as I'm sure you are well aware of mate but when I quote clubs or situations, I am on source and on point of argument.

By the way mate...  I'm not taking a pop at you because I respect you Batard.  But I'm showing you how it's gone here and how one thing has nothing to do with the other.  It's all sentiments and the worst part is that they're sentiments founded on bullshit in most cases because most people don't know the facts.

I can tell you that the local government of Barcelona or even the regional government of la Generalitat de Catalunya have never benefited FC Barcelona...  Infact quite the opposite!  They've hindered them and continue to do so.  That's not to say that Barça haven't broken the laws of football etiquette on a number of occasions because they have and so have many others, only that it doesn't seem to be the hip thing here.  Football has finally moved into the social media narrating era of talking nonsense and making retarded statements.  We all know about comments on social media, don't we....  We've all sifted through them and I hope it's been done while shaking one's head at the idiocy of it all.

Answer that question because that actually refers to the topic title and what's occurred.  Cannabis has gone onto state that the problem is that this transfer will inflate transfer fees where in reality that is not the case (although it will be in Barça's case because other clubs know what they've just received from a terrorist fuelling organisation).  The problem for football and what Javier Tebas said (let's judge him on his actions and the words he used to defend his actions)...  No longer are major clubs that have tremendous sponsorship backing of massive corporations going to need to fork out the money themselves.  The multinationals will do it themselves so as to blow their name into shining bright lights associated with a publicity phenomenon called elite football.  Do you see where this is going now?

No, Barça or the LFP aren't the shining beacon in righteousness at all...  They've just happened to be party to a new situation that could be about to change the face of this sport and I know many won't even have read five lines of this like they also just sifted past my post on the reasons Javier Tebas (president of the Spanish LFP) gave for his actions.  Not that I defend that man in the majority of his dealing in Spanish football, but here he's been correct although he done something that was way out of his jurisdiction in terms of power used by not accepting the buy-out of Neymar's contract which is why in the end it's gone through.  Now it's left to be seen what UEFA are gong to do about what's occurred.

27 minutes ago, Harry said:

You are missing the point i think mate. Barca are the top dogs.  They never get dumped. They are the head cheerleader that all year at school was too good for everyone   who's now been left in tears at the prom screaming "nobody ever breaks up with me. I break up with you. That's how it works".

Whilst this happens in every social scenario with all walks of people it is less common to see at the top of the social tree get a taste of their own medicine and thus is refreshing to most others to see happen. 

This will sound almost arrogant but unfortunately that's the way it is mate.  Barcelona are a top dog because they've earned that status!  Just like in any walk of life any enterprise or individual that makes it deserves to be recognised.  But because of that I don't see why it should be a case of fabricating nonsense and just "hating" because someone or something else is successful.  You know the old Biblical cliché of "he who's without sin let him throw the first stone".

There's only one subject here as I said to Batard.  The signing of Neymar by PSG from Barça and how it's been done.

• Administrator
3 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Mate...  This isn't me wanting to play "who's the innocent one at the party"...  But depicting the Spanish govenrment or any particular club in something that has absolutely NOTHING whatsoever to do with this topic, this case, this transfer is pure demagoguery.

What has the fact Real Madrid being given ease of market in land disputes got to do with PSG not spending a cent on Neymar and getting Qatar to use a state controlled department to pay the money?  Is PSG from Saint Germain or is PSG from Doha? Maybe they can move the Eiffel Tower to Qatar but always leave the Rue Saint-Denis where it is because that's Haram.  Or maybe Emmanuel Macron can sell the Arc de Triomphe to the Qataris in the same manner Britain sold London Bridge to the Yanks...  I'm going off topic here mate and that's what's occurring here but never forget that the club's crest you wear on this forum has a shady past and that European Cup fiasco intertwined with all sorts of untoward actions...  I could actually go into quite a number of fraudulent acts in French football over the past decades as I'm sure you are well aware of mate but when I quote clubs or situations, I am on source and on point of argument.

By the way mate...  I'm not taking a pop at you because I respect you Batard.  But I'm showing you how it's gone here and how one thing has nothing to do with the other.  It's all sentiments and the worst part is that they're sentiments founded on bullshit in most cases because most people don't know the facts.

I can tell you that the local government of Barcelona or even the regional government of la Generalitat de Catalunya have never benefited FC Barcelona...  Infact quite the opposite!  They've hindered them and continue to do so.  That's not to say that Barça haven't broken the laws of football etiquette on a number of occasions because they have and so have many other only that it doesn't seem to be the hip thing here.  Football has finally moved into the social media narrating era of talking nonsense and making retarded statements.  We all know about comments on social media, don't we....  We've all sifted through them and I hope it's been done while shaking one's head at the idiocy of it all.

Answer that question because that actually refers to the topic title and what's occurred.  Cannabis has gone onto state that the problem is that this transfer will inflate transfer fees where in reality that is not the case (although it will be in Barça's case because other clubs know what they've just received from a terrorist fuelling organisation).  The problem for football and what Javier Tebas said (let's judge him on his actions and the words he used to defend his actions)...  No longer are major clubs that have tremendous sponsorship backing of massive corporations going to need to fork out the money themselves.  The multinationals will do it themselves so as to blow their name into shining bright lights associated with a publicity phenomenon called elite football.  Do you see where this is going now?

No, Barça or the LFP aren't the shining beacon in righteousness at all...  They've just happened to be party to a new situation that could be about to change the face of this sport and I know many won't even have read five lines of this like they also just sifted past my post on the reasons Javier Tebas (president of the Spanish LFP) gave for his actions.  Not that I defend that man in the majority of his dealing in Spanish football, but here he's been correct although he done something that was way out of his jurisdiction in terms of power used by not accepting the buy-out of Neymar's contract which is why in the end it's gone through.  Now it's left to be seen what UEFA are gong to do about what's occurred.

At this time of day, on an iPad, I'm never going to be able to respond properly to your post but you make fair points that I would not contest. Marseille has a checkered history. I despise the clubs hierarchy and implosive nature. I'm often apathetic about it all.

Perhaps, underneath it all, given the ability Real and Barca have had to prize players away, maybe this is just superlative schadenfreude. It is interesting a lot of conversation focuses around Barca more so than Neymar which perhaps validates my point. 

I don't believe in terms of Premier League the Neymar transfer is helpful, it'll exascerbate transfers further for mediocrity. In France most people will fall into "Oh wow. Neymar" or "PSG. Cunts" or "Neymar ... but I'd rather be annoyed about tax breaks for footballers in Monaco ". It's all a colossal circus.

I consider this the most divisive transfer for many a year as a final note 

I haven't seen anything to suggest that Barcelona are playing the victim.

On another note, I'd take corrupt and dirty money from the Spanish government before I took a single 'clean' cent from Qatar.

This topic recent turn is ridiculous. I for instance, take joy, in being called one thing and the opposite by disinformed people. It's been a while since someone tagged me a patriotic person, though. xD

A City Council dodgily changes plot uses that profitted real Madrid bigly when they were dire (also the City Council itself profitted from it), not a some sort of State level operation directed from la Moncloa to keep Real Madrid afloat. Yes, the taxing authorities have been lenient to clubs with unsurmountable debts (in the case of Atlético apparently they played smart because it's actually paying the debt), but not precisely to Barça and Real Madrid, which reportedly seem (I don't know much about economics) to have a ok budget balance despite debt.

Yes, there is corruption in Spain. So pardon my French, but so fucking what... What do the concept of a Sovereign State (!!!!) bypassing every regulation set by footballing authorities playing €222M upfront for a player have to do with it?

1 minute ago, Batard said:

At this time of day, on an iPad, I'm never going to be able to respond properly to your post but you make fair points that I would not contest. Marseille has a checkered history. I despise the clubs hierarchy and implosive nature. I'm often apathetic about it all.

Perhaps, underneath it all, given the ability Real and Barca have had to prize players away, maybe this is just superlative schadenfreude. It is interesting a lot of conversation focuses around Barca more so than Neymar which perhaps validates my point. 

I don't believe in terms of Premier League the Neymar transfer is helpful, it'll exascerbate transfers further for mediocrity. In France most people will fall into "Oh wow. Neymar" or "PSG. Cunts" or "Neymar ... but I'd rather be annoyed about tax breaks for footballers in Monaco ". It's all a colossal circus.

I consider this the most divisive transfer for many a year as a final note 

That's it mate!

There are no holier than thou anybodys in the football world (at least not at the elite end anymore).

Barcelona are no saints and I'm not defending anything untoward they may have done in the past.  It's just that many on here have gone on a pilgrimage to Jerusalem on this one to go into issues that have no right to be on this thread.

I hate the present board at Barça...  I hate the board at Arsenal for god's sake! xD  There have been plenty of dodgy boards at Barcelona and Josep Luis Núñez's reign was one of the dirtiest of the lot.  Even Joan Laporta went crooked.  But there are some things written by some here that are verging on the stupidity ranks if you read back mate.

59 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

I think the spanish face a dilemma. Real Madrid and Barcelona are great for the country, they generate revenue, tourism and publicity, but at the same time preferencial treatment ruins the competitiveness of the league and it´s ironic that makes the whole product less attractive to foreign viewers. It´s hard because I just don´t see Spain having 10 cities capable of supporting big teams in a continental and worldwide scale, like in England.

As a latin american, I´m sympathetic to the spanish football, but the fear I have is thatin the long-term Premier League will simply outgrow the rest of european football and in the process even Real and Barça will be outshadowed.

This. Mate. Spot on. I was also going to enter in what can the country offer in terms of city dynamism and market size, which is very interesting. At the end at a global level, it can hardly offer much more than BCN-Madrid (Valencia and Sevilla... would be a huge reach).

But anyways, future (particularly outside the EPL) doesn't seem about "leagues" anyways. It seems to be about Barça, Bayerm, Madrid, PSG and the likes. Whether they successfully face the buoyant economy of the EPL clubs or not, I don't think it's going to be about "league" strength anymore.

@SirBalon will disagree with me but PSG were an interesting team before the Qatari whores invaded France. They were a young team but already had some historical names attached, Just Fontaine, Pauleta, Ronaldinho, Calude Makelele, Youri Djorkaeff, and George Weah; just to mention a few. Not exactly a list that read poorly but they can say with a certain pride that club itself, or perhaps the players and staff caused those players to gravitate towards PSG. Now what!? Filthy money from Qatar; generated on the backs of human rights violations and abuse. I don't have anything against the players for taking the pay-cheques (every dollar paid is a dollar the Sheiks don't own) but look at all the names that aren't PSG's but Qatar's. Ibrahimovic, Neymar, Silva, di Maria, Draxler, yadda-yadda-yadda.

This may sound rich and hypocritical from a person that supports Chelsea but I'm no fan of how Abramovic made his millions either. It is a sad and ridiculous reality we live in when Abramovic's mafia cum oil fortune looks clean compared to the Qataris, and his spending at Chelsea looks normalised compared to PSG. What a bizarre world to live in when the original foreign sugar-daddy looks par of the course and overshadowed by a country whose people lived nomadic lifestyles seventy years ago. I'm well aware that everything I said applies to Chelsea as well but PSG is a sick parody of something that perhaps should have never been replicated.

I was pretty young when I started liking Chelsea, maybe if I knew then what I do know, I wouldn't be a fan but it isn't like me to just up and quit.

1 minute ago, Spike said:

@SirBalon will disagree with me but PSG were an interesting team before the Qatari whores invaded France. They were a young team but already had some historical names attached, Just Fontaine, Pauleta, Ronaldinho, Calude Makelele, Youri Djorkaeff, and George Weah; just to mention a few. Not exactly a list that read poorly but they can say with a certain pride that club itself, or perhaps the players and staff caused those players to gravitate towards PSG. Now what!? Filthy money from Qatar; generated on the backs of human rights violations and abuse. I don't have anything against the players for taking the pay-cheques (every dollar paid is a dollar the Sheiks don't own) but look at all the names that aren't PSG's but Qatar's. Ibrahimovic, Neymar, Silva, di Maria, Draxler, yadda-yadda-yadda.

This may sound rich and hypocritical from a person that supports Chelsea but I'm no fan of how Abramovic made his millions either. It is a sad and ridiculous reality we live in when Abramovic's mafia cum oil fortune looks clean compared to the Qataris, and his spending at Chelsea looks normalised compared to PSG. What a bizarre world to live in when the original foreign sugar-daddy looks par of the course and overshadowed by a country whose people lived nomadic lifestyles seventy years ago. I'm well aware that everything I said applies to Chelsea as well but PSG is a sick parody of something that perhaps should have never been replicated.

I was pretty young when I started liking Chelsea, maybe if I knew then what I do know, I wouldn't be a fan but it isn't like me to just up and quit.

More or less what I'm saying mate...  It's not just take-over clubs or any other shady situation a club may have had to live through that should be the question here.  Clubs are made up of two things for me and that's local identity (that one is definitely being lost in this unique new-wave capitalist version of football) and fundamentally its fans.  Now, I'm gong add something to the "fan" detail that I know some people don't like and that's because they themselves aren't sure where they stand on this.  I'm talking about REAL club fans!  Now, a real club fan doesn't have to live next door to the stadium at all and football clubs have had support from far away cities in their own country for decades and decades....  Infact for over 100 years if you read some historical books on how some fans would manage to travel to games from other cities to watch the club they had grown to follow.  Obviously in that era that was rare because it wasn't economically viable to be able to travel every week too far.  But there are stories and from the 50s onwards fans of Aston Villa living in London wasn't unusual for example.  Obviously in this day and age finding a Liverpool or Man Utd fan in London is common place...  Where I'm going is that some people think they support a football club and they don't   For me to support a football club is simply to support the club.  It's not difficult, it's not mysterious and there isn't anything complicated in it.  Today "fans" support individuals.  They take the individualistic scope to new extremes and you read or hear more about who should win the Ballon d'Or than disputing all the bullshit that may be happening at their club.  Turning a blind eye to extreme dopiness and bloodsucking individuals isn't supporting your football club.

I've gone down the lanes on this one...

I've stated many times before that there was a time when French football was magnificent.  State de Reims is gong too far back for some but anyone in their 40s (like me :D which I don't consider to be old) will remember a great Saint Entienne side, a magnificent Bordeaux team, the Lyon team of the late 90s and early 2000s...  Or the Marseille of the mid 90s.  PSG did have players...  I go further back to Luis Fernandez' era who is a France legend and played for the club....  But even he complains about what the club has become these days and is trying to get back into it in some manner from listening to his interviews.  I do despise the present PSG though!  For me that's a pure fabrication and Chelsea or Man City aren't even in the same galaxy of repulsiveness as they are for me.  Now mark this because I know how this works here where I may be accused of having this sentiment now because of the Neymar transfer.  I've been bad mouthing PSG since the day I joined the other place in 2013.  Nothing is organic in football anymore with take-overs and what not!  But there are certain organic methods that are easier to digest than being the whore of one of the most repulsive nations on the planet (Qatar).

Aside from all of this it's the other side of the coin.  It's what can happen from now on!  Now we may get massive enterprises buying players for clubs.  If this is the case...  What will become of football?  What will become of the important factor in my first paragraph...  THE FANS!  We are becoming less and less important all the time.

12 minutes ago, Machado said:

If they start blocking transfers for "doubtful" sources of capital, only League Two clubs would sign players. And even then...

It's not "doubtful" sources of capital.  It's about a club not paying a single cent to purchase a player.  It's about doing that on large scale sums so as to balance the books and not break FFP rules. In this particular case it was a foreign STATE that handed over the money!  A country, a government run department! That's now!

But then...  After this!  It will be used to purchase any player in the same manner.

10 hours ago, SirBalon said:

That's absolutely NOT the case and trust me. The money has indeed been deposited in Neymar's name because that's the nature of a buy-out clause.  To activate a buy-out clause the player himself has to buy-out his contract.  What clubs do when they activate this is that they give the money to the player and the player gets a lawyer to deposit it in his name.  That's the law being used to execute an action in a lawful manner.  But underneath like in many walks of life there are other things going on that aren't all that pure and white.

These are the issues that make me laugh when others talk about how clubs like FC Barcelona or Real Madrid are some sort of demons or in league with Satan himself and when you look or delve in deep, EVERY club is functioning in exactly the same manner...  Especially clubs that have been taken over by foreign investors.  The irony is mind blowing and I can only assume some are so innocent that they've bought into the whole product way too much.

Anyhow...  Believe what you like.  I'm giving you book printed facts!  Most other things you've read here are sentiments and you know what they say about people getting overly sensitive and touchy on a subject.  It can be perceived that this is exactly how I get on particular subjects, but I'm actually defending the topic and what's really occurring.  Not hearsay or in some cases reading and believing idiots at home commenting on social media.

I'm sure you know what you're talking about and I've never claimed to know how release clauses work. Just going by what sky sports reporters were saying that's all.

48 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

I'm sure you know what you're talking about and I've never claimed to know how release clauses work. Just going by what sky sports reporters were saying that's all.

Remember SKY SPORTS aren't investigative sports journalism.  They publish news from other sources.

1 hour ago, HoneyNUFC said:

The Qatari money just makes this deal a perfect match as Barcelona have been plugging Qatar for years. They took sponsorship money from the same people who own PSG. 

This is true and there are other clubs around Europe that are sponsored by them too...

The fans have been fighting Barça's association with anything related to Qatar being connected to the club right from the start.  It took several years to force the issue and that's the uniqueness of Barça that they're owned by their fans and they're not a PLC.  In the end what the fans wanted was what was implemented!

It's a black mark in the club's history having been associated to them and their separation is part of the reason for the extremely bad relationship with PSG and FC Barcelona.  PSG are owned 100% by the Qatari royal family and are a public western tool situated in one of the world's most important cities, Paris. Paris Saint-Germain is the legitimisation of Qatar's own brand of Wahhabism (Salafi) right in the middle of the western world.

Anyway...  I'm gong into semantics here and things that right now don't fit in this particular thread.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Remember SKY SPORTS aren't investigative sports journalism.  They publish news from other sources.

This is was their own reporter in Paris reporting this they weren't using other sources but their own .

21 minutes ago, Pep Talk said:

This is was their own reporter in Paris reporting this they weren't using other sources but their own .

Yeah I know...  These are people that go on site and report happenings.  Anyway...  If you want to know about what's going on in Spanish football and hear it before SKY SPORTS announce it, go to MARCA, AS, MUNDO DEPORTIVO or SPORT.  For Italy you have LA GAZZETTA DELLO SPORT amongst others, France L'ÉQUIPE etc...  SKY use those as their sources.

FC Barcelona have confirmed that they won't be paying Neymar's father the €26m remaining to be paid on the loyalty bonus when the player signed his contract renewal 3 months ago.  Barça have taken back the cheque deposited in the notary last week because (a club source has said) the contract clauses and stipulations were broken on three points...

1. The player couldn't negotiate with another club before the 31st of June.
  2. That the player had to complete his contract or otherwise negotiate a transfer (this was broken under the buy-out clause activation)
  3. The payment was officially supposed to be made on the 1st of September 2017 of which is now impossible as he is no longer an FCB player and breaks the loyalty clause.

Neymar's dad ain't gonna be too happy! :(

Archived