Neymar Jr. Discussion

football forum

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 months later...
8 hours ago, Cicero said:

Getting booed by his own fans apparently 

I don’t like writing anything about Neymar good or bad since the manner in which he left Barcelona, but I wanted to respond to this one just in case people haven’t got the whole scope on the reasons behind the PSG fans whistling and booing Neymar.

It was in a home game against Dijon in which PSG won 8-0 and Neymar scored 4 goals and made two assists...  You may ask why they whistled him then with such a great performance.

Well one of the situations was a penalty in which Neymar refused to let Cavani take it and with that the possibility of scoring which would’ve made Cavani the top PSG scorer of all time, he’s one goal away from this feat.  In that moment where Neymar decided that he would take the penalty, the PSG fans whistled and booed the Brazilian in unision.

Whats made it worse and the reason why I’m posting this is because of this response via social media by Neymar’s father.  Total scum both of them... Ambition is good, ambition is a necessity to be a top performer in any walk of life, but not being a scumbag which is what both are.

I don’t want to translate all of this garbage Neymar’s father wrote in defence of his son but just to say that (once again) he goes into the “God” bullshit and the sacrifices both he (father) and son made to get where they are today. That his son should ignore any dissent and that his son should hold his head up high... Blah blah and more blah blah...

Honestly!  Maradona was and is a scumbag as a person with ridiculous comments throughout his life.  But Never did he disrespect anyone in the manner Neymar and his father has when he was a player.

@El_Loco

@Batard

That's the difference, at Barce Messi or Suarez would offer each other the penalty to reach an achievement like that. Not doing so for Cavani shows a lack of sportsmanship and teamwork, this period of his career will always be written off as the "well he is playing in France" period whenever a goalscoring record is in question.

10 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Poor Cavani..... Not! Don't have a problem with Neymar's action, why? Because ,unlike Cavani, he doesn't go MIA against top teams. As long as he scores them why bitch about your best player stepping up! The salty posts above from cules say it all! They still can't get over that Neymar left them. A future ballon D'or left them and they turned around and overpay for Dembele and Cou... Its obvious Barcelona took the L big time.

They have Messi I doubt they're bothered

On 21/01/2018 at 09:04, SirBalon said:

I don’t like writing anything about Neymar good or bad since the manner in which he left Barcelona, but I wanted to respond to this one just in case people haven’t got the whole scope on the reasons behind the PSG fans whistling and booing Neymar.

It was in a home game against Dijon in which PSG won 8-0 and Neymar scored 4 goals and made two assists...  You may ask why they whistled him then with such a great performance.

Well one of the situations was a penalty in which Neymar refused to let Cavani take it and with that the possibility of scoring which would’ve made Cavani the top PSG scorer of all time, he’s one goal away from this feat.  In that moment where Neymar decided that he would take the penalty, the PSG fans whistled and booed the Brazilian in unision.

Whats made it worse and the reason why I’m posting this is because of this response via social media by Neymar’s father.  Total scum both of them... Ambition is good, ambition is a necessity to be a top performer in any walk of life, but not being a scumbag which is what both are.

I don’t want to translate all of this garbage Neymar’s father wrote in defence of his son but just to say that (once again) he goes into the “God” bullshit and the sacrifices both he (father) and son made to get where they are today. That his son should ignore any dissent and that his son should hold his head up high... Blah blah and more blah blah...

Honestly!  Maradona was and is a scumbag as a person with ridiculous comments throughout his life.  But Never did he disrespect anyone in the manner Neymar and his father has when he was a player.

@El_Loco

@Batard

I´ve said many times here and I still continue to believe that Neymar is too spoiled and immature. This is not news. The difference is that Barcelona has a strong dressing room chemistry and culture, there is order and hierachy there, the veterans are professionals and they set the example for the younger players. PSG, on the other hand, is a mess. The qataris may have money but they have no idea how to deal with football players. It seems to me that they made Neymar and his staff too many promisses without consulting the players who were already there. It was always bound to create problems. 

If PSG wants to be seen as a serious club, they´ll have to develop and demand a stronger dressing room culture and work ethic from their players. I guess after playing out of position during the Ibra Era, Cavani felt entitled to be the top dog at PSG, but the Neymar arrival was a huge blow for his status at the club. There are many disfunctional clubs who were very successful obviously, but this is not an ideal situation. 

5 hours ago, El_Loco said:

I´ve said many times here and I still continue to believe that Neymar is too spoiled and immature. This is not news. The difference is that Barcelona has a strong dressing room chemistry and culture, there is order and hierachy there, the veterans are professionals and they set the example for the younger players. PSG, on the other hand, is a mess. The qataris may have money but they have no idea how to deal with football players. It seems to me that they made Neymar and his staff too many promisses without consulting the players who were already there. It was always bound to create problems. 

If PSG wants to be seen as a serious club, they´ll have to develop and demand a stronger dressing room culture and work ethic from their players. I guess after playing out of position during the Ibra Era, Cavani felt entitled to be the top dog at PSG, but the Neymar arrival was a huge blow for his status at the club. There are many disfunctional clubs who were very successful obviously, but this is not an ideal situation. 

The thing is that he seems to have the world of French football slowly unanimously against him with ex footballers who are pundits all slating him, ex managers and now the PSG fans are whistling and booing him.  This goes beyond anything the club could provide because PSG isn’t at that level.  It’s more to do with a problem Neymar Jr himself seems to have and there were even signs of it manifesting itself in the final few weeks he was an employee of FC Barcelona where he was causing problems at training.

PSG owner Naseer Al-Kheilafi to Neymar;

”If you help us win the Champions League, I’ll let you go wherever you want!”

Just shows what a Mickey Mouse club Paris Saint-German are.  They work under the philosophy not of football but that of the mentality of Arab ownership which is all about getting what you want for money and it’s all about getting what you want and nothing more than that.

7 hours ago, Spike said:

@El_Loco which Brazilian coach stated something along the line of 'Neymar is on the wrong path, I've never seen a worse attitude in my life and I fear for him'? It was when he was still a teen at Santos.

Renê Simões. He coached Jamaica in the 1998 World Cup. I´m surprised you know about that episode, it´s very famous in Brazil. His team Atlético Goianense played against Santos at Vila Belmiro in 2010 and he was shocked by Neymar´s behavior and stated "Estamos criando um monstro." ("We are creating a monster.") 

4 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Renê Simões. He coached Jamaica in the 1998 World Cup. I´m surprised you know about that episode, it´s very famous in Brazil. His team Atlético Goianense played against Santos at Vila Belmiro in 2010 and he was shocked by Neymar´s behavior and stated "Estamos criando um monstro." ("We are creating a monster.") 

@Spike is a genuine student of many things and I am amazed by his thirst for knowledge everyday.  Without a doubt mate (Spike), I hope this attitude you have you’re planning to put to good use for your future because it would be sad to see it go to waste on a mere own personal sentiment where you feel it’s just something you do.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

@Spike is a genuine student of many things and I am amazed by his thirst for knowledge everyday.  Without a doubt mate (Spike), I hope this attitude you have you’re planning to put to good use for your future because it would be sad to see it go to waste on a mere own personal sentiment where you feel it’s just something you do.

After dropping out of Uni when I was 19, I decided I would only ever go back to tertiary learning of any sort when I was 100% committed. The day will come when I realise that I'm wise enough and man enough to commit to investing myself towards something.

48 minutes ago, Spike said:

After dropping out of Uni when I was 19, I decided I would only ever go back to tertiary learning of any sort when I was 100% committed. The day will come when I realise that I'm wise enough and man enough to commit to investing myself towards something.

Be careful though, don't want life passing you by whilst you wait to be ready.

14 minutes ago, Danny said:

Be careful though, don't want life passing you by whilst you wait to be ready.

It isn't waiting to be ready per se, it's maturing. It's exactly the same path to waste time doing something that is hated.

18 minutes ago, Spike said:

It isn't waiting to be ready per se, it's maturing. It's exactly the same path to waste time doing something that is hated.

I second what Danny said... It’s easy to create excuses for ourselves to prolong a situation that deep down we either don’t have faith in (faith starts with one’s self) or afraid of failure.  Failure is a fallacy... It’s false!  There’s only try again and mere details mate. ;)

6 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I second what Danny said... It’s easy to create excuses for ourselves to prolong a situation that deep down we either don’t have faith in (faith starts with one’s self) or afraid of failure.  Failure is a fallacy... It’s false!  There’s only try again and mere details mate. ;)

It's not about failure, I have no issues with failure, I've failed before and I'll fail again. It's committing time and huge amounts of money to something with no commitment towards it. That is only concerning tertiary education, there is more than one way to skin a cat, and there are options out there and career paths that circumvent committing half a decade toward a degree.

3 hours ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

Golden shoe??? FFS, spazzo terminalogy. Loving the sour cule comments!! "He plays in a league with poor defenders" ... Same applies to messi 😏

#NOseQuedo

Look at Neymar's goal to game ratio in La Liga. I think it clearly shows that it's far harder to score in for Neymar than the French and Brazilian leagues, where it's easy for players of his quality. Messi(and C.Ronaldo when at his best) would score 100 in the French League.

Look at Ibra, he scored 40 in France, but there was zero chance he would have scored that amount in Spain. It's much much more difficult.

As for bad defenders, they are so bad that Premier league clubs are in for defenders from the league every season.

Neymar is arguably the 2nd best attacking player in the world and has been for several years. But his stats from leagues such as the French league and the Brazilian one can't be compared against what players do in superior divisions.

Paris Saint-Germain's lavish celebrations for Neymar's birthday

What do you give somebody who has everything for their 26th birthday? Something that money cannot buy, of course.

Money is no object for Paris Saint-Germain and the French giants pushed the boat out for Brazilian superstar Neymar on Monday.

Le Parc des Princes souhaite un joyeux anniversaire à @neymarjr 🏟 #Ney26

View image on Twitter
The former Barcelona man turned 26 and celebrated the event in style last Sunday with a glitzy event in the French capital. However, not to be outdone by that party's lavishness, PSG went one step further the following day and had birthday messages for Neymar projected at various sites around Paris.

Will Edinson Cavani and Angel Di Maria receive similar treatment when they share celebrate their birthdays on Valentine's Day? We shall see ...

A desperate attempt by PSG to keep him away from going to Madrid? 

2 hours ago, Asura said:

Paris Saint-Germain's lavish celebrations for Neymar's birthday

A desperate attempt by PSG to keep him away from going to Madrid? 

More like keep him happy. A detail on his birthday celebrations was that he invited various of the Barcelona players who failed to attend.  Leo Baptistão did attend though.

Archived