talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neymar Jr. Discussion

football forum

1 hour ago, El Profesor said:

Real Madrid sayong they don´t plan to make a move for Neymar. Open path to Hazard in Madrid then?

Reckon Hazard will improve immensely at Real, however there is no way he can replace Ronaldo's goals.  They essentially need a goal scorer 

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Cicero said:

Reckon Hazard will improve immensely at Real, however there is no way he can replace Ronaldo's goals.  They essentially need a goal scorer 

That´s a good point. Replacing Cristiano production is really tough, but I guess they could improve their goalkeeping and also getting a striker who gives them more goals than Benzema. Hazard + Lewandowski + Courtois/De Gea would be a good summer for them, in my opinion.

Cristiano Ronaldo leaving Real Madrid has hurt them in two big ways.  One is the obvious not too small a detail with a guaranteed 35+ goals per season even though last season his lack of goals in over one half of the campaign was his worst form ever for the club and irreversibly damaged their league defence.  But who can you sign that brings you those numbers in today's football other than Messi?  Nobody! The second vital detail is the media coverage someone like Cristiano Ronaldo gives a club and the plus for revenue due to this and various other factors because of his brand name... This is something that Florentino Pérez more than anyone has always prioritised.

Now onto Neymar and his association with a possible move to Real Madrid... The second factor I mentioned on media explosion and what it brings is self evident with Neymar. He is a MASSIVE name!  Infact in my opinion considering he hasn't achieved even half of what Cristiano or Messi has one could say he is a bigger selling brand name than the two of them by comparison. Just imagine Neymar DID win a Ballon d'Or and with that superficial backing of that individual award his name would become five times what it is now and one can easily say that it would supersede by a considerable margin anything what the other two monsters have ever been able to muster in their whole careers in terms of this... I'm talking brand names here and that factor alone because at 26 Neymar won't ever be what the other two are and have been in football terms... That part is my view and I'm willing to live by that belief and take anything that could ever come to me with such a remark in the future.

But Neymar is a magnificent footballer and I Infact feel he suits Real Madrid's traditional manner of playing the game where it is basicall based on the epic and on counter attacking football. Neymar has pace, Neymar relishes the individual one on one and when you're playing counter attacking football the spaces tend to be longer and more open which for a player like Neymar this is the perfect scenario for him to reproduce what he has in his armoury.  Neymar may never score as many goals as the other two have done at this particular level, but he has a hell of a lot more goals in him than has been seen from him in Europe since he arrived.  That's why for me at Real I feel he would score more than he currently does and even if he never scores the numbers both Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have, the mere fact that his football is aesthetically exciting coupled with more goals than he does score now due to a hypothetical reasoning in terms of how Real Madrid play, that would put him on a different stratosphere to the one he could never win at a club like Paris Saint-Germain.

It doesn't look like his move to Real Madrid will occur this summer if all the real news is to be believed but in my view unless something odd happens, he (Neymar) will end up playing his football dressed in all white at the Santiago Bernabéu for the home side in the future.  It just ticks all the boxes that Real Madrid under Florentino Pérez is all about.

48 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Cristiano Ronaldo leaving Real Madrid has hurt them in two big ways.  One is the obvious not too small a detail with a guaranteed 35+ goals per season even though last season his lack of goals in over one half of the campaign was his worst form ever for the club and irreversibly damaged their league defence.  But who can you sign that brings you those numbers in today's football other than Messi?  Nobody! The second vital detail is the media coverage someone like Cristiano Ronaldo gives a club and the plus for revenue due to this and various other factors because of his brand name... This is something that Florentino Pérez more than anyone has always prioritised.

Now onto Neymar and his association with a possible move to Real Madrid... The second factor I mentioned on media explosion and what it brings is self evident with Neymar. He is a MASSIVE name!  Infact in my opinion considering he hasn't achieved even half of what Cristiano or Messi has one could say he is a bigger selling brand name than the two of them by comparison. Just imagine Neymar DID win a Ballon d'Or and with that superficial backing of that individual award his name would become five times what it is now and one can easily say that it would supersede by a considerable margin anything what the other two monsters have ever been able to muster in their whole careers in terms of this... I'm talking brand names here and that factor alone because at 26 Neymar won't ever be what the other two are and have been in football terms... That part is my view and I'm willing to live by that belief and take anything that could ever come to me with such a remark in the future.

But Neymar is a magnificent footballer and I Infact feel he suits Real Madrid's traditional manner of playing the game where it is basicall based on the epic and on counter attacking football. Neymar has pace, Neymar relishes the individual one on one and when you're playing counter attacking football the spaces tend to be longer and more open which for a player like Neymar this is the perfect scenario for him to reproduce what he has in his armoury.  Neymar may never score as many goals as the other two have done at this particular level, but he has a hell of a lot more goals in him than has been seen from him in Europe since he arrived.  That's why for me at Real I feel he would score more than he currently does and even if he never scores the numbers both Messi and Cristiano Ronaldo have, the mere fact that his football is aesthetically exciting coupled with more goals than he does score now due to a hypothetical reasoning in terms of how Real Madrid play, that would put him on a different stratosphere to the one he could never win at a club like Paris Saint-Germain.

It doesn't look like his move to Real Madrid will occur this summer if all the real news is to be believed but in my view unless something odd happens, he (Neymar) will end up playing his football dressed in all white at the Santiago Bernabéu for the home side in the future.  It just ticks all the boxes that Real Madrid under Florentino Pérez is all about.

I agree, Neymar is a big selling brand. But his brand left the World Cup diminished and tarnished. The entire world is mocking him. There´s no way a smart business man like Florentino would wage a war against the qataris and pay top price for a guy who´s on the down. Madrid is only for winners and right now Neymar is not a winner. 

An expert in marketing, one of the best in Brazil, is doing a study in the impact of the World Cup to Neymar, it´s still ongoing, but he already concluded Neymar has a serious crisis of image that is hurting him and his sponsors.

The polarization involving his name at the moment has gotten so bad that his fans in Brazil put the hashtag #NeymarHumano on Twitter´s trending topics in Brazil. 

And to be fair, they have a point. Some of the criticism crossed the line and it´s just disrespect and bad manners in order to get likes and RTs in social media. Mass behavior with everyone picking on the guy who´s down. Even the President of FIFA mocked him. Infantino should never have done that to a player, but he can get away with it because Neymar´s image is terrible at the moment.

Obviously, football is dynamic and Neymar can change it, but it´ll take at least untill next year, in the deep stages of the Champions League for him to definitely put this World Cup behind him. And then, and only then, Madrid will be there to buy him. 

If Mbappe wins the cup with France i can't see how Madrid would settle for pursuing PSGs second biggest and most promising player who's cone away from the cup looking like an overrated fanny.

6 hours ago, El Profesor said:

I agree, Neymar is a big selling brand. But his brand left the World Cup diminished and tarnished. The entire world is mocking him. There´s no way a smart business man like Florentino would wage a war against the qataris and pay top price for a guy who´s on the down. Madrid is only for winners and right now Neymar is not a winner. 

An expert in marketing, one of the best in Brazil, is doing a study in the impact of the World Cup to Neymar, it´s still ongoing, but he already concluded Neymar has a serious crisis of image that is hurting him and his sponsors.

The polarization involving his name at the moment has gotten so bad that his fans in Brazil put the hashtag #NeymarHumano on Twitter´s trending topics in Brazil. 

And to be fair, they have a point. Some of the criticism crossed the line and it´s just disrespect and bad manners in order to get likes and RTs in social media. Mass behavior with everyone picking on the guy who´s down. Even the President of FIFA mocked him. Infantino should never have done that to a player, but he can get away with it because Neymar´s image is terrible at the moment.

Obviously, football is dynamic and Neymar can change it, but it´ll take at least untill next year, in the deep stages of the Champions League for him to definitely put this World Cup behind him. And then, and only then, Madrid will be there to buy him. 

All of Neymar's shenanigans on feigning injuries and diving around wasn't something I wanted to get into and I rarely do ever and try to concentrate on football. Many players in the past have done it, some continue to do it and there'll be more in the future unfortunately. I try to keep it football which is what I was looking at with Neymar mate.  As far as I know the only reason Florentino Pérez may not push out all the armoury has a number of reasons with the main one being  Nasser Al-Khlaifi (the individual that heads PSG's ownership), then Qatar Sports Investments (essentially being the State of Qatar and the authentic owners of PSG) and let's not forget that 80% of Neymar's wages and signing were financed by QSI via an embassadorial contract which masked the reality of the mega-deal move... These main factors coupled with the observation Real Madrid have been able to analyse on FC Barcelona's failure to sign any of Paris Saint-Germain's players (Barça have tried and failed to sign several of PSG's players over the past 7 to 10 years) will have told a very very smart businessman like Florentino Pérez not to upset PSG or anyone associated with the mechanics of that club...

Those are the only reasons as to why Real Madrid have been very very quick to make public statements every time rumours have gone international.

I don't beleive Neymar's brand name stock will be irreversibly damaged by Brazil's failure or even his antics because all of that can be fixed during next season. I know you won't like the next reasoning in how I will defend Neymar's protection of his image, but the fact that most of what happens in Ligue1 goes undetected by the sort of press that boosts football during a season will also help Neymar because the European media spotlight will mainly only focus on him when Paris Saint-Germain play in the Champions League and in that respect he can clean his act up and stop all of those way over the top stupidities that he has no need to use.

There has been no talk whatsoever of all of that having damaged Real Madrid's serious interest in Neymar Jr.

Essentially what I'm trying to say is that if Real Madrid don't sign him this summer it won't have had anything to do with all of that and more to do with this case being a peculiarity and sensitive due to the ownership of PSG.

And for all of those trying to match Mbappé's image to that of Neymar, then they're seriously mistaken. I rate Mbappé very highly and is a major star of the future with this World Cup pushing him into an ever higher level in that sense.  But HE HASN'T got Neymar's natural talent at all.  Neymar isn't 75% pace, Neymar is more than that!

Let me also add one last detail on all that negative media coverage Neymar got on his cheating antics.  One this is the world's football press covering all that and giving their opinion... That's their job!  But another thing is the president of the world football governing body giving his opinion. That's not HIS job and he should just concentrate on keeping FIFA free from corruption which is a big enough negative to be working on and not that of an individual footballer and also the smooth running and artificial validation of FIFA's next World Cup... FIFA have enough on their hands without playing the part of a newspaper or tv station.

• 2 months later...
1 hour ago, ScoRoss said:

"Neymar's sad year of irrelevance".

I said that if he moved to PSG and Ligue1 he would become invisible!  I told @El Profesor at the time that he would be limited to what he does in the Champions League and that even then it wouldn't be enough because there will be other great performances matching his or drowning him out with better ones.

How anyone EVER could've envisaged moving from FC Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain was positive has to be mental.  You don't make that move to better your career, you do it the other way... Ask Ronaldinho!

• 6 months later...

Neymar punched a Rennes fan. His career is going downhill at amazing speed. Hard to believe any team would pay the sum PSG paid for him just less than two years ago. At this point, I won´t be surprised if he ends up at Palmeiras or Flamengo, the two richest brazilian clubs nowadays, in a year or so. 

I have a feeling his injuries are related to how he takes care of his body, too much partying and not enough sleep is poison for an athlete, and I wonder if this is the beginning of a physical decline. 

As for his image, it can´t be any worse than it is now. It´s a shame, such a talented player.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, El Profesor said:

Neymar punched a Rennes fan. His career is going downhill at amazing speed. Hard to believe any team would pay the sum PSG paid for him just less than two years ago. At this point, I won´t be surprised if he ends up at Palmeiras or Flamengo, the two richest brazilian clubs nowadays, in a year or so. 

I have a feeling his injuries are related to how he takes care of his body, too much partying and not enough sleep is poison for an athlete, and I wonder if this is the beginning of a physical decline. 

As for his image, it can´t be any worse than it is now. It´s a shame, such a talented player.

He's turning in to a right prick. 

Potentially the world's best player a few years ago, chased the money to go to PSG and it seems to have gone downhill. As if he's got nothing to play for because it's so easy and there's not really any challenge there any more. 

The 'partying' thing reminds me of how Ronaldinho used to be. Saw that as more important than football. Which is fine if you want that lifestyle but you gotta live with the consequences of that, especially in the current age of social media spreading things like the above like wildfire. 

I suspect he'll get some kind of ban (to follow the Champions League ban he just received as well). I'm guessing some words were exchanged and something abusive was said by the fan but punching him isn't the answer. 

• Subscriber

Jesus, If PSG tried to sell him now to get their money back they would be lucky to get a packet of peanuts for him, after all, he is acting like a nut, he should team up with Pogba and go disco dancing, 2 peanuts together. 

19 hours ago, Stan said:

Potentially the world's best player a few years ago, chased the money to go to PSG and it seems to have gone downhill. As if he's got nothing to play for because it's so easy and there's not really any challenge there any more. 

The 'partying' thing reminds me of how Ronaldinho used to be. Saw that as more important than football. Which is fine if you want that lifestyle but you gotta live with the consequences of that, especially in the current age of social media spreading things like the above like wildfire. 

I suspect he'll get some kind of ban (to follow the Champions League ban he just received as well). I'm guessing some words were exchanged and something abusive was said by the fan but punching him isn't the answer. 

Agree. The move to PSG, which I defended at the time, in retrospect has been a disaster for his career. 

Neymar always had that side to him, but at Barcelona he had to behave because the club is such a massive institution and have bigger players than him, but at PSG he´s free to do what he wants and he doesn´t seem to do well with this freedom.

On 28/04/2019 at 08:19, Stan said:

Turning??? I think he has always been a bit of a cunt... 

The bloke might have some skills but they are hidden under the landslide of his on field theatrics and play acting.. I would blame some of it on the system that allows players like him to get away with it but in all honesty just because you can doesn't mean that you should, Players like him are milking that cows udder like a professional farm hand.... The bloke lacks any kind of integrity and sadly in this modern media environment we find ourselves in they elevate people like this to god like status just to sell a few thousand shirts and try to get more people through the gate.. 

It's part of the game getting stick from the fans and you think he would be used to it by now wouldn't you... He got lucky as well really, there might have been a few tempted to jump that barrier and try and get a few good digs in on the little fucker for that.. take away all their social media accounts for bad behavior that might sort them out.. they will be crying their little eyes out if they couldn't post anymore pictures of stupid haircuts... 

He is on my list of people I would gladly appear in court over for assault charges if the chance came.. along with Justin Bieber and Jeremy Kyle... 

• Subscriber
On 29/04/2019 at 11:33, Bluewolf said:

He is on my list of people I would gladly appear in court over for assault charges if the chance came.. along with Justin Bieber and Jeremy Kyle... 

That bloody show of his is on shortly which the wife watches, that show is so pathetic and un-true its unbelievable, I try and tell the wife that a lot of the fuckers that appear in that show just want to see their faces on tv, they must rush home after appearing on it and start watching the recording they taped and imagine themselves as fucking movie stars!!

Back on topic, Neymar should go on that show and cause some bother then I would smile hoping the bouncers on the show kicks the shite out of him.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

I'm fairly certain he'll be gone this summer from Ligue 1. They want rid of his wage. He's also not interested in being there but he's a good bargaining chip. As crazy as this sounds, there's a chance Bale could go to PSG. 

• 2 weeks later...

Neymar´s been accused of rape, by a brazilian woman. According to her, they met in Paris and during their encounter he acted agressively and forced himself into her. 

Neymar already published a denial on Instagram and revealed their whole WhatsApp chat. In his version, she tried to blackmail him. The whole video is in portuguese but from 4min18s on you can see the photos she sent him and you´ll get a good idea of what was being said:

• Administrator
22 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Dumb Cunt.

Definitely helping the #MeToo movement when there are still women out there lying they got raped. 

Wonder if she'll get done for wasting police time, if that's a thing in Brazil. 

On 12/05/2019 at 00:51, José said:

Come to Man Utd!! Him and pogba together would tear up the PL.

I'm sure Neymar's more interested in tearing up some flesh.

Archived