talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neymar Jr. Discussion

football forum

29 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

The latest news is that FC Barcelona will report PSG to UEFA's FFP control if they pay the buy-out clause coupled with a report from the LFP for breach of rules.  Apparently anything to do with outside sponsors not only breaks FFP rules but also European contract control monopolies rules.  PSG chose the wrong club to mess around with all these years when they ignored them.

But I don't give a damn about that Arab club...  It's the Neymars I'd love to see ruined in this.

The club that acted like PSG in the Neymar transfer to Europe?  xD

One thing that really tells you all about Neymar and his dad is the fact that they´re ready, without any hesitation about where this money is coming, to become ambassadors to Qatar, a nation accused of promoting international terrorism and using slave labour. 

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, El_Loco said:

The club that acted like PSG in the Neymar transfer to Europe?  xD

One thing that really tells you all about Neymar and his dad is the fact that they´re ready, without any hesitation about where this money is coming, to become ambassadors to Qatar, a nation accused of promoting international terrorism and using slave labour. 

Well, 'accused' is a little lightly worded. 'Indisputable fact' would be more apt! Well perhaps not the former, but definitely the latter. 

Neymar isn't the only one that is willing to line his pockets with that sort of money. Guardiola is also an ambassador for Qatar's World Cup and there are various other famous names from around Europe's football world.

Countries negotiate with Arabs too... Nobody is exempt from all of this.

But what's for sure is that with everything now confirmed from the Neymar family, there are no more befitting characters for this than them.

Maybe if Neymar is ever again a part of a Champions League winning team he can wear an Allah 'Akbar headband instead of that Jesus one that was censored in the Arabic world when he won it with Barça. 

Further news on the financing issues PSG have with the signing of Neymar...  According to the finances for the year entered at UEFA by PSG they are presently (without sales of players) able to spend €110m on transfers...  This is the reason for the search for sponsors connected to the club like the Qatar ambassador issue which would be independent and a solitary payment to the player through a salary channel.  There are issues with that too apparently that would be investigated but as things stand they could do that but under no circumstance can they finance the deal via the club name as they don't have the funds.

FC Barcelona and the LFP have already warned that they will report PSG to UEFA if they activate the buy-out clause and the Spanish club refuse to negotiate with PSG. They've supposedly told PSG (obviously they're taking the piss) that they want Verratti for free and that then they'll negotiate a fee slightly over the €222m so as PSG don't incur taxes, but PSG have told Barcelona that they can't spend €222m in one lump sum.

26 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Neymar isn't the only one that is willing to line his pockets with that sort of money. Guardiola is also an ambassador for Qatar's World Cup and there are various other famous names from around Europe's football world.

But what's for sure is that with everything now confirmed from the Neymar family, there are no more befitting characters for this than them.

Maybe if Neymar is ever again a part of a Champions League winning team he can wear an Allah 'Akbar headband instead of that Jesus one that was censored in the Arabic world when he won it with Barça. 

Yes, people in football should be more careful about who they associate their names with. 

But what is pissing me off right now is all the double standard and bullshit I´m reading this past week on Twitter. When Verratti, earlier this year, was pulling the same act of Neymar no Barça fan was crying about how unethical he and his agent were and how all italian players are mercenaries. When it´s a brazilian player who does that, oh my, there are lots of generalizations and sociological bs from europeans who know nothing about Brazil. I mean, you´re free to criticize brazilian plyers, there is a lot to be criticized, but show some knowledge at least. Otherwise you´re just a fool.

(Obviously, not your case @SirBalon, I agree in part that the "Seleção, Deus e Dinheiro" attitude prevails in some players). 

Just now, Kowabunga said:

The monetization downward spiral of football may take several new steps with this transfer.

Given how the player got to FC Barcelona, it would be quite fitting.

Couldn´t agree more. Barcelona and Neymar Pai screwed Santos and Sonda back then. It is fitting and deserved for Barcelona, if you ask me. 

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

Couldn't resist.

mgsDP6S.jpg

2 hours ago, El_Loco said:

Yes, people in football should be more careful about who they associate their names with. 

But what is pissing me off right now is all the double standard and bullshit I´m reading this past week on Twitter. When Verratti, earlier this year, was pulling the same act of Neymar no Barça fan was crying about how unethical he and his agent were and how all italian players are mercenaries. When it´s a brazilian player who does that, oh my, there are lots of generalizations and sociological bs from europeans who know nothing about Brazil. I mean, you´re free to criticize brazilian plyers, there is a lot to be criticized, but show some knowledge at least. Otherwise you´re just a fool.

(Obviously, not your case @SirBalon, I agree in part that the "Seleção, Deus e Dinheiro" attitude prevails in some players). 

I agree mate...  Even though I'd love to see Marco Verratti at Barça because I think he's made for the team and wasted at PSG, I don't like that attitude he took at the end of the season where he done his upmost to get the move to Barcelona.  He even posed for a front cover from Mundo Deportivo to make his point and that's disrespectful...  Add to that a bigger and more important detail that should actually say something more than all of this to PSG and that is that Verratti in five years that he's been at Paris Saint-Germain he's renewed his contract exactly five times!  Always with a view to raise his salary almost twofold!  Right now his new agent Mino Raiola (after letting go of Donato di Campli who carried him his whole career from when he was practically a child) is apparently negotiating another renewal which would be two in one year (something Neymar was looking for to stay at Barça now).

I know you don't like it and that you hold PSG as something special, but they're not mate!  They're artificial and the only reason they are "accepted" amongst the elite is because they pay their way there.  Yes you may say that every club does this, but that's not exactly the case...  No club does what PSG do to get players and to maintain them at the club.  At PSG it's about money whereas at some other clubs it's more than just the fact they'll get paid well.

Verratti is a mercenary but I have an inkling he's this because he's at PSG and he doesn't really respect the club.  He's Italian, he's been brought up on real football and his country has real football clubs...  If he was at a proper club he wouldn't have renewed more times than the years he's been there.

But we can't compare what Neymar & Co are like with Verratti...  That's unfair!  Everything about Neymar's negotiations in the past and the countless law suits he's had in his home country of Brazil tells you what it's all about.  On top of that he's powerful in his country and football is more important than people and social standards because the World Cup and the Olympics proved that by shutting the people up!  He's more powerful or so powerful that he gets blatant issues where he's broken the law revoked like the latest one this week on a tax issue back home.

The problem is that Barcelona are being run by a bunch of retards...  A bunch of people right at the top that actually don't even like the sport.  Josep Maria Bartomeu doesn't even like football and is 100 times more into basketball and other sports...  But because in the previous elections it was old corrupt boy Joan Laporta who went up against him, he (Bartomeu) won again!  There was nobody strong enough and capable enough to win and carry a proper tenure for the next four to five years...  But there is now!  There's Agustí Benedito and Toni Freixa who are genuine Barça football fans and know what the club is about and its foundations.

I've gone on to different things here but they're important.  They're important mate because they're a part of the sentimental value the club has created over the past four to five years where they've been involved in scandal after scandal.  Admittedly many times not of their doing but they've failed to address the situation and there's been an element of anarchy within the system at the club that's affected it.  The worst thing though is that it's become a reactive club instead of a proactive club in every sense from not mollycoddling the youth system anymore and not protected the identity of the club.  Infact it took threats of censure to get rid of every mark of Qatar from the club's name.  Boy I could go on and on here...

Neymar unfortunately is scum.  A great player with capabilities I don't even think he understands himself...  Infact I'd place a bet he never actually gets to realise them all and I'd be very surprised if he managed it at a club like PSG.  Dominating and playing with the sides in Ligue1 isn't going to be enough...  It'll be practically invisible on the most with just mentions in the same fashion Ibrahimović used to get...  But that's upto him!  He's had seasoned players that have won it all and have incredible weight and status in the football media world trying to convince him.  He's ignored it all and has made his own decision.  I hope that decision comes to fruition because his place at Barcelona is unattainable...  He's not wanted!  He wouldn't be wanted if God came down and told the fans that with him even though a scum bucket the club would win the next 10 Champions Leagues in a row.  There are principles!  Something he seems to know nothing about and he's crossed the line.

I get the impression that he won't even leave in the end. But this has caused a lot of damage as it has prevented the club from bringing in signings that are badly needed. Especially a midfielder and a top centre back.

13 hours ago, El_Loco said:

Well the Spanish can't say too  much when masses and masses of their players leave their league to go to England for more money every year. It's exactly the same! Footballers are largely all money grabbers these days.

In fact while on the subject, the Spanish league is starting to massively remind me of the Brazilian league. It's Europe's equivalent of the Campeonato Brasileiro. Pathetically ran, corrupt leagues where players can't wait to fuck off from there in massive shoals every season. Its sad to see, but football is as good as dead anyway, so who cares anymore? There is only one league that anybody cares about, so what's the point of the rest of the footballing world even existing? It's just being drowned out more and more every year and players such as Lukaku being bought for 80 million has really put the final nail in the coffin. The sport will never be the same again now and teams from only one league can pay such prices for players who aren't even world class, it's completely changed the game for the absolute worst. What's the point of this sport anymore when there is one league acting as the NBA and every other league is just brushed to the side? What's the point? It's a dead sport as far as I'm concerned, hence why you don't hear me commenting on it much anymore. My passion for football as a whole has disappeared, probably for good.

Football now is one league(which is utterly shite at that and is only about money and nothing else) then a small handful of other clubs and that's it. The rest of the footballing world are now pointless entities who simply exist to produce talent for these clubs.

11 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

I get the impression that he won't even leave in the end. But this has caused a lot of damage as it has prevented the club from bringing in signings that are badly needed. Especially a midfielder and a top centre back.

Well the Spanish can't say too  much when masses and masses of their players leave their league to go to England for more money every year. It's exactly the same! Footballers are largely all money grabbers these days.

In fact while on the subject, the Spanish league is starting to massively remind me of the Brazilian league. It's Europe's equivalent of the Campeonato Brasileiro. Pathetically ran, corrupt leagues where players can't wait to fuck off from there in massive shoals every season. Its sad to see, but football is as good as dead anyway, so who cares anymore? There is only one league that anybody cares about, so what's the point of the rest of the footballing world even existing? It's just being drowned out more and more every year and players such as Lukaku being bought for 80 million has really put the final nail in the coffin. The sport will never be the same again now and teams from only one league can pay such prices for players who aren't even world class, it's completely changed the game for the absolute worst. What's the point of this sport anymore when there is one league acting as the NBA and every other league is just brushed to the side? What's the point? It's a dead sport as far as I'm concerned, hence why you don't hear me commenting on it much anymore. My passion for football as a whole has disappeared, probably for good.

Football now is one league(which is utterly shite at that and is only about money and nothing else) then a small handful of other clubs and that's it. The rest of the footballing world are now pointless entities who simply exist to produce talent for these clubs.

I think you're overreacting on the Spanish league thing.  I don't see that at all mate!

For example...  The only Spaniard that has left this summer from La Liga is Morata so far and at Real Madrid he was always going to be a bench warmer which is the reason he went...  Infact he spent two year at Juventus, which we can include.

What's for sure is that right now the situation in the Premier League is a saturated one, but indeed the medium to smaller clubs in the Premier League have a lot more money to throw around but in my opinion only get hold of expensive duds or experimental players on the whole.

I could go on here, but I know you know all this anyway.

• Subscriber

He won't even go. He will declare his love for Barcelona towards the end of the Transfer Window and sign a new massive deal.

The attention seeking twat.

I'd have definitely made him speak to the media if i had any power at Barcelona. Iniesta hit the nail on the head saying it needs sorting sooner rather than later because it's affecting the squad.

That's exactly what I think will happen in the end as well Josh. Unless something has changed today, but I don't want to look into the latest updates as it will spoil last night's UFC for me, which I'm going to watch later due to falling asleep last night xD.

He's a great player and there isn't anyone who could replace him for individual talent at this moment in time if he is to leave. Over the past few years he has really won me over in terms of his footballing ability(although not his persona, he's an absolute bellend) and I believe that he is genuinely a special talent who could have clamped down his own legendary status at the club. But too many bridges have been burnt now and it would be the best allround that he leaves as he's causing too much nonsense and this could have a negative impact on the team. It hasn't so far in pre-season, as this has arguably been the strongest Barcelona have looked during pre-season since summer 2008, but it could become problematic during the season if he starts spitting his dummy out. Not to mention, all this bullshit will start up again next summer. It's more trouble than it's worth and no individual is bigger than the club they are at.

5 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I think you're overreacting on the Spanish league thing.  I don't see that at all mate!

For example...  The only Spaniard that has left this summer from La Liga is Morata so far and at Real Madrid he was always going to be a bench warmer which is the reason he went...  Infact he spent two year at Juventus, which we can include.

What's for sure is that right now the situation in the Premier League is a saturated one, but indeed the medium to smaller clubs in the Premier League have a lot more money to throw around but in my opinion only get hold of expensive duds or experimental players on the whole.

I could go on here, but I know you know all this anyway.

Iborra, Roque Mesa, etc. These are all solid la liga players and I doubt they all come to England simply for footballing reasons. 10 years ago most of them wouldn't have entertained a move here as there wasn't a need to, the money was better/as good in Spain and they didn't get raped with taxes like now. I'm not holding this against them or saying that I blame them in their cases, although the fact is, most footballers in today's sport are motivated by money. Then again, in this specific case(the Neymar one), it is a whole different level of money grabbing, it has to be said. His father especially(who is the one who rubs off on on Neymar himself) is an utterly disgusting character and I'm not sure how this leach gets away with what he does.

Back to what you were saying, you're right about the duds. All this money is being thrown about in England, but a lot of it is being spent desperately and on players who are worth nowhere near the sums they are bought for. It's all largely wasteful spending, although this is the main problem mate. When just above average players are going for 50 million, then what hope do the rest of Europe have when trying to buy and find quality? It completely prices them out and football gets weaker. Either all the big leagues in Europe are going to have to replicate the Premier league model(which would be unbearable, and impossible to do) or they will suffer.

It's the same as all leagues, not just la liga(minus Barcelona, Real, Atletico and Athletic), I only use la liga as an example as I genuinely care for the future of it and it was relevant to bring up in this specific discussion. I find it to be very comparable to Brazilian football in many ways in terms of the shady characters who are involved in both and the lack of organisation among the football federations in both countries, obviously the problems being much greater in Brazil and for very different reasons. I don't mean any form of offence to either nation there for the record(as I'm sure you will know anyway) and I say all this due to my respect for both nations when it comes to football and the disappointment it brings.

While on the subject of what you were speaking of, the current Premier league has changed the sport for the worst(which is a shame as I always naturally loved the Premier league, but it's become soulless crap in recent years) and it'll never be the same again for me. For people interested in football as a whole and not just one league, the future isn't looking bright I don't think.

Honestly, I'd love to genuinely feel passionate about football as a whole like I used to, but i'm losing it mate. Don't get me wrong, I'm looking forward to seeing how things shape up for Valverde next season and I expect big things from this side judging by pre-season and looking at the strength of the squad(even without signings) overall. Nothing has changed in terms of being exciting to watch Barcelona play, but I used to enjoy sitting down and watching any game in general(especially in La Liga and the Prem) and that hasn't been the case for a while now.

• Subscriber

How the fuck is his dad pocketing 23 million? Shit like this makes me cringe, and all the talk of these super agents getting mega millions from transfers. It's an absolute fucking disgrace when agents and poisonous cunts have more of a say and impact than the actual players. 

20 minutes ago, Teso dos Bichos said:

xD yeah yeah its all neymar sr fault. The one to blame is the one behind neymar, douglas, and keirrison's deals. 

Sorry...  Who exactly are you insinuating is to blame for all the Neymar family shenanigans other than the Neymars?

We could have a TF365 exclusive here!

8 hours ago, JOSHBRFC said:

How the fuck is his dad pocketing 23 million? Shit like this makes me cringe, and all the talk of these super agents getting mega millions from transfers. It's an absolute fucking disgrace when agents and poisonous cunts have more of a say and impact than the actual players. 

Sorry...  Who exactly are you insinuating is to blame for all the Neymar family shenanigans other than the Neymars?

Pure greed on full display here.... Reminds me why my love for the game is all but gone... 

2 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Pure greed on full display here.... Reminds me why my love for the game is all but gone... 

Yeah, but I think Teso has worked out that someone else other than the Neymar family is to blame for their almost biblical demonstration of greed.

Yeah, but I think Teso has worked out that someone else other than the Neymar family is to blame for their almost biblical demonstration of greed.

I wait with baited breath as the real culprits are wheeled out for all to see.... 

47 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

I wait with baited breath as the real culprits are wheeled out for all to see.... 

I actually know what he's getting at and Ricardo has referred to this a couple of times where I haven't responded because it has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with what's going on here.  It's blatant demagoguery and like I said...  Nothing to do with what Neymar and his father are doing here.  No club or people working for any club has anything whatsoever to do with the Neymars incredible perverse thirst for money.

But anyway...  I'll wait for him to dig himself out of this hole.

Archived