talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Neymar Jr. Discussion

football forum

3 minutes ago, The Rebel CRS said:

This deal shows what a joke Spanish football actually is. It's become horrendously poor and it's a reason why I no longer even care for watching it from a neutral perspective. I only watch Barcelona games and that's it nowadays. The league itself is an utter embarrassment to the sport. It's amateur as fuck.

Now, where I'm coming from is that, even though 200million is a lot of money, the club would not be selling him for that if they were able to dictate the price of the player. Daft clauses kill the Spanish game. How many players are purchased year in year out from this league and the selling club can't do fuck all about it or even attempt to?

I hope Neymar goes personally as he's a disloyal, money grabbing twat like 90% of Brazilian footballers, although the club should always be able to dictate the price. That pathetic clause rule is very self destructing for the league as a whole.

We are looking to meet Sergi Roberto's clause as well if rumors are true. 

• Replies 551
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Cicero said:

We are looking to meet Sergi Roberto's clause as well if rumors are true. 

Now that would really be a sad loss to be honest.  Has never been used to his strengths in the position he's best at and has been messed around by the club no end because he's homegrown.  I wouldn't be surprised if he said F-You to Barça!

2 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Now that would really be a sad loss to be honest.  Has never been used to his strengths in the position he's best at and has been messed around by the club no end because he's homegrown.  I wouldn't be surprised if he said F-You to Barça!

I'd take him in open arms at this rate. Only have Bakayoko, Cesc, and Kante as our midfield options. Matic is destined for Juve. 

36 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

He will be used more in midfield now that Vidal is back from injury(who looked good against Juventus in the friendly) and Semedo has been signed. Even though he played a lot at right back last season, all of his best moments were the type of abilities a midfielder would show, so if he was to play in his more natural role then I believe he would excel and be far more consistent. He's grown a lot over the past couple of years and he is now much more valued at the club.

Denis should be playing more minutes while on the subject. He is 23 now and needs to be playing. He has undoubted talent and with players like these, Barcelona may not even need to sign a midfielder.

Let's also note that Rakitic is still in the squad and while he's been hit and miss for a while, a new manager may mean a new player as it's not something uncommon. I stand by it that the main problem last season was Luis Enrique. He lost it and made many questionable decisions, although it's near impossible to keep a club like Barcelona on top for too long and the change was at the right time. Maybe Valverde can inject life back into this squad of players, as it's actually a very strong squad that wasn't utilised properly last term.

Paco Alcacer improved as the season progressed also and he impressed me a lot towards the end. He's yet another option who will bring a lot to the side if used.

So according to some sources PSG's surprise press conference has had any question referring to Neymar Jr vetoed...  This from some journalists that are going to attend the press conference and on which news some other journalists that were going to attend the press conference and which have nothing to do with the interests of Ligue1 or PSG have now refrained from attending.

Who knows what that press conference beholds but what's for sure, if it has nothing to do with Neymar, they've pulled off a great publicity stunt.  PSG need these things mind you, seeing as they're practically a nobody in the real world of football.  Just a luxury version of Zenit Saint Petersburg.

I read today that Bein Sports, who´s also directed by Nasser al-Khelaifi, has told bidders that the auction for Ligue 1 rights in Brazil is suspended until the Neymar is resolved. Unsurprisingly the interest in Ligue 1 rights exploded among tv sports channels here. 

That´s another aspect of this deal. 

img_mmontilla_20170726-000743_imagenes_m

I should put this in his own thread but due to it concerning this I'll post it here.

Barcelona press conference...

Gerard Piqué is part of the press conference being held in Washington DC right now (pre match conference) where he's explained why he posted that Tweet and he says it's intuition with a wry smile on his face but added he doesn't know and that Neymar hasn't told him anything in that respect.

But he did add this damning sentence about French football and a possible move to PSG for Neymar;

"I have no idea why he would want to move to France.  The decision is his personal one and everyone should respect that...  But on the question if it's to win the Ballon d'Or, then he's going to the wrong place because his club (PSG) would have to put all of its focus on the Champions League as the league in France is of very little relevance on these things and would hurt his chances if that's the case which I doubt and feel he has multiple reasons."

Javier Mascherano who has just spoken has been as damning as Piqué in reference to Ligue1 and added that Neymar is a very valued character in the dressing room for more than just his football but his decisions are personal and he'll transmit them when the time is correct.

As for the PSG press conference...  So far there's no mystery to it unless things change massively.  Both Unai Emery and Edison Cavani have been speaking and have practically swerved past all questions aimed at the Neymar rumours.  The questions concerning Neymar had been vetoed but the journalists have ignored that and have used their slots 70% of the time aimed at the Neymar situation.  The only references by both Emery and Cavani to Neymar if you want to call it a reference is "Great players are always welcome at PSG and the club is working toward bringing top players".

WOW!  The last statement by Gerard Piqué will probably make L'Équipe's front page tomorrow! :o

This was a message to Neymar...

"If you go to Paris (PSG) you're gonna play it all on one card which is the Champions League.  If you don't win that, you'll be invisible!  He's still very young and young people are full of doubts."

From details I'm hearing at the moment I've been told that the Neymar entourage have been waiting for PSG to guarantee that they won't be breaking any FFP rules and that there's a lot of uncertainty in that area.  Also Neymar Jr himself has apparently been swerving this way and that changing his opinion almost on a daily basis which shows on his father's crazy trips all over the place in four days.  First Neymar Senior went to Paris, then flew to New York, flew back to Paris and then was on the plane today with the Barça directors on their trip to Washintong DC with the team.

In my opinion he will leave which is best.  This sort of thing is unforgivable and I don't understand where the club is going with this...  The only sympathy I have with the club is one, which is that this has been jumped on them all of a sudden so to speak and here we're not talking about just any player.  We're talking about a big investment and a player that's been used as the face of Barça in Asia and some parts of Latin America.  Next season's publicity project has already been put into motion and other factors that are too long winded to go into now.  But it would shift everything and put into jeopardy various issues where clubs make money these days which is in marketing procedure.  Project planning for a season sometimes starts two years previous with the basics!

Anyhow...  I'm looking at this from a fan's perspective and I want him out.  With my work hat on I can see the agony right now on one of the FC Barcelona departments who are probably looking to get a hitman on Neymar if he leaves.

Balon, don´t you think that Barcelona should start buying now? I think that if you wait until Neymar leaves to replace him, prices for your targets will increase in a crazy way because everyone knows you have 222 millions in your hand and that you need to replace your star. I think Barcelona is wasting time here. You spanish know that problem well, since the good old Potosí days, when you had all the silver in the world but exactly because of that it wasn´t worth a damn. xD

18 minutes ago, El_Loco said:

Balon, don´t you think that Barcelona should start buying now? I think that if you wait until Neymar leaves to replace him, prices for your targets will increase in a crazy way because everyone knows you have 222 millions in your hand and that you need to replace your star. I think Barcelona is wasting time here. You spanish know that problem well, since the good old Potosí days, when you had all the silver in the world but exactly because of that it wasn´t worth a damn. xD

Part of the answer to your question lies in my previous post mate.

On the issue about spending anyway (there is a certain amount of money), I think they're in the process of doing it anyhow with certain targets.  The Coutinho one seems to be on course from what's being said and Paulinho may also be coming although nobody knows if that's now or in January.

As for the replacement for Neymar...  Like I said at the start of this, it's in the previous thread.  This has been jumped on to Barça by Neymar and surprises can either be nice ones or negative ones.  Which ever ones they are, they tend to make your heart stop if you get my meaning.

As for the thing on Spanish culture...  You're not wrong!  Things remain the same and marketing isn't one of Spain's fortes.  For decades growing up in London English people thought every one in Spain listened to Flamenco music, wore Bullfighters uniforms, only ate Paella and clicked on castañuelas all day. xD

That's not the fault of ignorance on the part of English people (I'm talking about my experiences as a kid), it's the fault of how Spain is and in that particular detail I've just used we're talking about the tourism department in the Spanish Consulate in conjunction with the tourism ministry in Spain.  Do you get where I'm going with this?

1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Part of the answer to your question lies in my previous post mate.

On the issue about spending anyway (there is a certain amount of money), I think they're in the process of doing it anyhow with certain targets.  The Coutinho one seems to be on course from what's being said and Paulinho may also be coming although nobody knows if that's now or in January.

As for the replacement for Neymar...  Like I said at the start of this, it's in the previous thread.  This has been jumped on to Barça by Neymar and surprises can either be nice ones or negative ones.  Which ever ones they are, they tend to make your heart stop if you get my meaning.

As for the thing on Spanish culture...  You're not wrong!  Things remain the same and marketing isn't one of Spain's fortes.  For decades growing up in London English people though every one in Spain listened to Flamenco music, wore Bullfighters uniforms, only ate Paella and clicked on castañuelas all day. xD

That's not the fault of ignorance on the part of English people (I'm talking about my experiences as a kid), it's the fault of how Spain is and in that particular detail I've just used we're talking about the tourism department in the Spanish Consulate in conjunction with the tourism ministry in Spain.  Do you get where I'm going with this?

I think Coutinho is a very wrong target, I just can´t see him fitting the Barcelona system. Ironically, Paulinho, who is not a player Barcelona should be going after in any case, could end up filling a more pressing need and being more useful than Coutinho, in my opinion. 

On the marketing, yes I get it. By the way, I have the impression Neymar is actually a bigger draw than Messi in the Americas. I have no idea why, but I guess many probably see Messi as more as an european than a latin american guy, since he arrived in Barcelona so young and never played for an argentinean club. 

I doubt Rakuten is pleased with all that drama, anyway. haha

1 minute ago, El_Loco said:

I think Coutinho is a very wrong target, I just can´t see him fitting the Barcelona system. Ironically, Paulinho, who is not a player Barcelona should be going after in any case, could end up filling a more pressing need and being more useful than Coutinho, in my opinion. 

On the marketing, yes I get it. By the way, I have the impression Neymar is actually a bigger draw than Messi in the Americas. I have no idea why, but I guess many probably see Messi as more as an european than a latin american guy, since he arrived in Barcelona so young and never played for an argentinean club. 

I doubt Rakuten is pleased with all that drama, anyway. haha

I agree with everything you've said 100%.  That's exactly it!

This isn't just a top player moving...  It's a hell of a lot more than that.  For some fans it's a top player moving but for FC Barcelona it's the biggest headache they've had in decades.

img_jbatalla_20170727-010811_imagenes_md

PSG want to negotiate with Barça for Neymar

xDxDxD

I've never started a news post with laughing emoticons, but in truth the front page of L'Équipe has had me in stitches.  The worst thing is that sources from within Barcelona have let it slip that PSG have infact had the courage to phone the club and try and negotiate to which apparently the phonemail didn't get past the reception desk, something PSG are actually quite angry about. :o

Not that I agree with Barça in not negotiating because I reckon they can end up the winners in any negotiation deal, but in principle and where justice is concerned, it's hilarious the way FCB have apparently treated PSG in this attempt by the Parisian club to try and negotiate because Barça have practically received the same from them over the past few years in an attempt to talk about Thiago Silva, later Marquinhos and lately Verratti.  Infact PSG have acted in a way that they've treated Barça like one of those summer flies you get in summer that pester you in the morning by buzzing around your ear and don't let you get those last few minutes of best sleep... So now 19 year old Crístina Pereira who works in the receptionist area at the entrance of Can Barça was told by the technical director for sport's secretary that their phonemail wouldn't get past reception area.

Insiders at FCB have said that Barcelona won't negotiate with anyone for a sale of Neymar and if they want to buy him they can break the rules and pay the €222m +Tax.  Barça have always maintained that they won't negotiate through principle (that's getting back at PSG) and because the player simply isn't up for sale.

Barça are mugs!  Why doesn't he just come out with it publicly (that is the part that proves what he's about) and have done with it.  Afraid to have the fans against you in Spain if it doesn't come off? xD:what:

You've got that anyway mate!  You ain't getting away with all of this and you HAVE to leave.

1501174708859.jpg

The Neymar 'case', the new 'Figo case'?

'The Neymar Jr case' is in danger of converting itelf into the new 'Figo case'.  Barcelona fans remember vividly Luis Figo's traitorous action and those Barça fans that weren't even born or were too young then have learned about it.  Infact that situation is so infamous that it's registered in the Spanish football retina as a moment in history like any other of the massive moments whether positive or negative in the country.  People that didn't even like football back when that occurred were all talking about it...  Internet was still on dial-up at that moment and social media didn't exist, but the 'Figo-Gate' situation was trending globally.  So big was it that the first 'El Clásico' between the two club after Figo's move which was at the Camp Nou not only had the rights for the game bought all over the world including countries that didn't even have La Liga rights, but that they also bought the pre-match prime time and the Camp Nou couldn't provide enough space for commentators from all over the world and the pre and post match press conferences had to be held in the Barça assembly centre which is exclusive to the club's annual 'socio' meetings.

It was the 24th of July 2000, only a few hours after Joan Gaspart had been elected the new FC Barcelona President where Florentino Pérez deposited €61.7m, paying the buy-out clause into the club's account taking the then Barcelona captain to the Santiago Bernabéu.  From that moment Luis Figo became the number 1 enemy of FC Barcelona fans and continues to be the most despised individual in the history of the club.

That moment became one of the most traumatic in the history of the club and not so much because it actually happened but because of the previous days to it occurring.  Where in Neymar''s case he isn't opening his mouth at all to either confirm or dispel the rumours, Figo told the whole world in an interview that any secret agreement between himself and Florentino Pérez (Florentino Pérez was himself involved in a campaign to become the Real Madrid President at the time) for the Barça captain to go to Real Madrid was a total lie and that he would never make that move (blah... blah... blah... because there was other stuff and some badge kissing too).

The €61.7m was a hell of a lot of money for a football transfer back in 2000 and €222m is a perverse amount today...  It's true that that amount finishes in the club's bank account and that the club can then use it to balance itself out in the transfer market.  But the background trauma, the marketing planning and many other things are thrown by the wasteside due to the surprise nature of the occurrences as it's all been jumped onto the club without any prior notice are warning from any party.

The money the club got for Luis Figo at the time was spent horribly wrong by purchasing Emmanuel Petit and Marc Overmars from Arsenal and one can only hope from a Barcelona's fan's perspective that the money that would hypothetically be received from Neymar's possible move from Barcelona to Paris Saint-Germain would be spent more wisely.

Neymar Jr is risking becoming a 'Luis Figo' image, not because he may want to leave the club, but because of the way he is going about it by keeping quiet and playing the game to his benefit just incase it finishes one way or the other.  You can't blame him for playing his own cards to get the best deal, but you can't blame the fans for the possible reception he gets if he stays because if he goes he'll be far away and only a meeting in the Champions League would he be able to understand...  It's not the same as what Figo had to live for in every stadium Real visited in Spain.

It's all about money! You don't make history in Ligue1 no matter what anyone says.  It was about money in Figo's case and it is in Neymar's. Only difference is that Figo went to Real Madrid and continued in La Liga whereas Neymar could be going to PSG and Ligue1...  Don't believe anything else!

18 minutes ago, Savvy Xavi said:

It was against Semedo. 

Neymar is ridiculously talented, but he's really disappointed me.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2017/jul/28/neymar-barcelona-training-paris-saint-germain

Don't worry... Hopefully and more than likely he's leaving. Can't wait to see the back of that money grabbing little shitester.

There's just this minute been a latest development in the whole situation revolving Neymar Jr. 

He was set to attend a publicity campaign for one of FC Barcelona's sponsors which is the Italian jeans company Replay. The campaign was set to be held in China (Shanghai) and the Chinese travel logistics company that works for Barça "Ctrip" has announced that the trip has been cancelled. The publicity appointment was for Monday after the US tour had concluded.

They have actually leaked that it's due to negotiating a transfer....

In the meantime PSG has been trying to negotiate with FC Barcelona some sort of deal even if it's paying a bit more money so as to save on the taxes they'll have to pay which will take the whole deal to over €400m. FC Barcelona have declined to negotiate and have demanded that if they want to sign a player that isn't up for sale that they'll have to agree a deal with the player himself and deposit the buy-out clause in their bank account. The taxes issue is of no concern of the Spanish club and something for PSG and the player to sort out.

The gore of PSG and the Arab Sheik!!! xD

Deny to negotiate with Barça over the past four years for any of their players which is fair enough as they belong to PSG. But now are getting all upset about Barcelona not negotiating...

Arabs!

Archived