talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

(SF 1st Leg) EFL Cup 2022/23 - Southampton 0-1 Newcastle - Tuesday 24th January, 2023

football forum

5 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

If it happens it will be bittersweet. I'm still in mourning, still grappling with how to emotionally deal with not getting our tickets back. It's incredibly galling to see the moments you dreamed of sharing with your father happening without you.

I'll always remember 18 years ago when we couldn't go to the FA Cup semi final at the Millenium Stadium because my dad had to work, he said then don't worry we'll go to the next one. The next one never came and now it never will. It really tears me up.

I'm trying to deal with the grief by telling myself we had our era, this one isn't mine, it belongs to someone else now and to try and accept that. Sometimes my thoughts go towards questioning whether it would be easier emotionally to give up football all together and no doubt I will occasionally question whether to watch the final or not. I'm sure I will if we make it, but the mind is trying to cope.

I'm very sorry about that mate. My dad is still alive however he is coming up to 66 and was very unhealthy for a long time. Overweight and use to smoke 60 fags a day. He was really upset when England went out the world cup. And I was upset for him as well as we dont know if he will see another one. He really wanted to see them win it again. He supports arsenal mainly because I supported them and he got into it as well. If we win the league it would be nice for him. We've had a difficult relationship and to be honest he is lucky to have one with me and my sister but he is still my dad 

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Stan said:

Pretty sure there was a covering defender running back, so there wasn't a 'denial of a clear goalscoring opportunity'. 'Last Man' isn't the rule. 

Yeah it's more complicated than that. If they have far to go or there is a reasonable chance a defender may catch them its not a red. 

17 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

Saw this today... did make me laugh.. xD

good ol Jacob Murphy.   I'm fin with it and it's had the effect of triggering every man and his dog from Southampton.

they are actually spinning nonsense like how they are going to come to st James park and play football.   at some point we will run into another goal glut and we will go 3 up at half time like our stats suggest, we have been ridiculously wasteful, this was the case earlier in the season where we had way to many draws before running into goals at a freakish rate

• The topic was unpinned

Archived