talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Sack Frank Lampard; Sean Dyche Set to Take Charge

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Pretty much my thoughts. I don't think our players look particularly fit for a Premier League outfit either, and we certainly have one of the least athletic squads in the league overall. A week of Bielsa's training schedule would kill half of them.

And yeah, you'll be fuming if we get a result off you in that game after we've just handed out three points each to Bournemouth, Wolves, Southampton and West Ham.

I heard Calvert Lewin wants a transfer to Italy to play for his favourite team, Dolce and Gabbana

3 hours ago, LFCMike said:

I can't see Bielsa being anything but a disastrous appointment at this stage. Not that I think he's a bad manager, I just don't see how he gets that group of players doing what he wants if he's walking in at the end of January.

Everton will be conceding goals for fun

• Subscriber

Sounding like Bielsa has rejected the approach. Can't blame him and I think a relief for us.

There are a lot of good managers across Europe who are currently looking for a job who might have picked up the phone last summer but difficult to make our case now we're sat joint bottom having barely survived relegation last year.

In terms of getting a team out of the mud and focusing on the basics, Bielsa probably isn't the guy. In the summer maybe but what Everton need now is Sean Dyche.

Better yet, get in his older brother, Sam Allar-Dyche.

2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Sounding like Bielsa has rejected the approach. Can't blame him and I think a relief for us.

There are a lot of good managers across Europe who are currently looking for a job who might have picked up the phone last summer but difficult to make our case now we're sat joint bottom having barely survived relegation last year.

That's what I read too.

Not dismissive of the Everton job full stop, but doubts the current team is too slow to play the way he wants to play and would need to bring in some pace before the window.

This could be false but equally, he must have been approached a little while back because he's supposedly provided feedback analysis of the current squad in it's entirety.

If Everton didn't want Dyche, I actually thought earlier would they go for Nuno again having nearly got him when Ancelotti left. He likes that 5 at the back, 3 CB system and there is the possibility of reuniting with Coady.

I'd still take Dyche over him tbh but just a passing thought.

• Subscriber
16 minutes ago, Lucas said:

That's what I read too.

Not dismissive of the Everton job full stop, but doubts the current team is too slow to play the way he wants to play and would need to bring in some pace before the window.

This could be false but equally, he must have been approached a little while back because he's supposedly provided feedback analysis of the current squad in it's entirety.

If Everton didn't want Dyche, I actually thought earlier would they go for Nuno again having nearly got him when Ancelotti left. He likes that 5 at the back, 3 CB system and there is the possibility of reuniting with Coady.

I'd still take Dyche over him tbh but just a passing thought.

Nuno has a seven-figure release clause at his current job out in the Middle East. A complicated deal apparently. I wouldn't want him at all though.

On Bielsa though, you could watch any of our games for about 3 minutes and come to the same conclusion, he could have completed that analysis this morning over a bowl of weetabix 😅.

When it rains, it pours for Everton...

Looks like Danjuma has done Everton dirty there.

In some ways, good to know your missing out on someone who shows their true colours like that but equally, I'm guessing the current upheaval has made him have doubts.

I sense the timing, league position & perceived strength of the squad make it unlikely the next man will be a fancy headline name. But Hassenhuttl & Bielsa would both seem like mistakes to me.

Dyche could feasibly decide he's not got much to lose from it. In fact I sense he would bizarrely have an incredibly enhanced reputation if he keeps Everton up rather than Burnley (..?)

If not Dyche, then surely it could make sense to look at Duncan Ferguson properly. Or even Rooney, if he wouldn't be a Benitez style mistake.

Dean Smith never actually got relegated with Villa. Did plenty of Brentford groundwork. Play off chasing Norwich got rid of him harshly. Buendia. Paul Lambert. There's recent Villa-Norwich issues IMO. He has a longer track record than Bielsa. 

If I was Everton owner/board I'd be thinking 1) Dyche, 2) Rooney &/or Ferguson 3) Dean Smith

All could decide to risk it. All could be motivated to stay on however it goes.

• Subscriber

Since yesterday morning...

- Everton sacked their manager prompting a media and ITK frenzy on who has, hasn't and may yet be approached to fill the role.

- Everton thought they had signed Danjuma on loan for the rest of the season, medical complete, media done, training kit set out for him this morning, for him to no-show and join Spurs by the end or the day.

- Anthony Gordon and Amadou Onana reportedly didn't turn up to train leading fans to believe they're both on their way out as well.

- Gordon is now close to moving to Newcastle but it turns out Onana was just allowed to go to a wedding.

- Farhad Moshiri has now put up his 94% shareholding in the club for ~£500m less than 24 hours after approaching Marcelo Bielsa to take the new managers job. Several potential buyers are reportedly interested.

It's not been boring, we can agree.

Wonder what will happen to the coaching staff now, a lot of Lampard’s people he hand picked..

Ashley Cole, Joe Edwards, Paul Clement, Chris Jones.. I think there’s another he brought in as well.

• Subscriber
23 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Since yesterday morning...

- Everton sacked their manager prompting a media and ITK frenzy on who has, hasn't and may yet be approached to fill the role.

- Everton thought they had signed Danjuma on loan for the rest of the season, medical complete, media done, training kit set out for him this morning, for him to no-show and join Spurs by the end or the day.

- Anthony Gordon and Amadou Onana reportedly didn't turn up to train leading fans to believe they're both on their way out as well.

- Gordon is now close to moving to Newcastle but it turns out Onana was just allowed to go to a wedding.

- Farhad Moshiri has now put up his 94% shareholding in the club for ~£500m less than 24 hours after approaching Marcelo Bielsa to take the new managers job. Several potential buyers are reportedly interested.

It's not been boring, we can agree.

Within 15 minutes of that Guardian article where Moshiri has effectively put the club up for sale, the club has released a 25 minute interview with him. Moshiri states in the first 5 minutes that he's totally committed to the club, the stadium and joining the footballing elite.

This simply cannot be real.

• Subscriber

Let good old Duncan get the job, that guy has been loyal to the toffees for years and I reckon he would give a good show on keeping them up, even if they go down at least he has a chance for a rebuild, and get them back up in the EPL.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, CaaC (John) said:

@RandoEFC, not trying to wind you up but what if, and I mean IF Gerrard applied for the job or was even offered the job, what would your thoughts be on that one, after all, you did have Benitez there for a spell? :eek:

Reveal hidden contents

Would have considered him when he had achieved well at Rangers but his stint at Villa puts me off.

• Subscriber

Kenwright and Moshiri are both utterly deluded in totally different ways.

Kenwright continues to convince himself he wants to put the club back on the right path but can't/won't process that the best way to do that is for him to get his grubby hands off it.

Moshiri is just a certified lunatic. One minute he lets the club be for 15 months, next minute he wants to come back and pick the next manager. Loon.

• The title was changed to Everton Sack Frank Lampard; Sean Dyche Set to Take Charge

Archived