talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Everton Sack Frank Lampard; Sean Dyche Set to Take Charge

• Subscriber

Looks like Dyche will now be appointed today. The least risky of those touted and probably the best-equipped to keep us up this season. I hope if he succeeds that we give him next season as well and don't do something mad like say thanks for doing a Big Sam for us but now we're going for Bielsa, because I do think Dyche is probably a bit underrated in terms of his ability to develop a style and improve a club over a period of time. 

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Looks like Dyche will now be appointed today. The least risky of those touted and probably the best-equipped to keep us up this season. I hope if he succeeds that we give him next season as well and don't do something mad like say thanks for doing a Big Sam for us but now we're going for Bielsa, because I do think Dyche is probably a bit underrated in terms of his ability to develop a style and improve a club over a period of time. 

I would have preferred Bielsa, but he apparently didn't want the Everton job at this moment in time and I can't say that I blame him. Dyche will have a very difficult task at Everton. There are too many overrated and average players in this Everton team and it will be a huge job to keep them up in my opinion. Everton have made some decent signings in recent years, but overall, I think that the management of the club has been pretty bad over the last few years. Going forward, they will need to make 2 or 3 very good signings, which will help this club get back to where they are supposed to be.

Dyche's immediate job will obviously be to try and keep them up. Only 3 points separate Everton and 14th placed Leicester City in the Premier League standings. However, out of the 7 clubs down at the bottom, only Southampton and Bournemouth look as bad as Everton right now. So it will be an extremely difficult mission for Dyche to prevent this Everton ship from sinking, but I wish Everton all the best.

• The title was changed to Everton Sack Frank Lampard; Sean Dyche Set to Take Charge
  • Subscriber

If Dyche does take over then there is always the possibility of him being another Eddie Howe, Newcastle was fighting relegation then but look at them now, I would not class Dyche as a bad manager as he did wonders with Burnley.

Edit: Must be done and dusted looking at Wikipedia...

download.png

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

If Dyche does take over then there is always the possibility of him being another Eddie Howe, Newcastle was fighting relegation then but look at them now, I would not class Dyche as a bad manager as he did wonders with Burnley.

Edit: Must be done and dusted looking at Wikipedia...

download.png

Wikipedia isn't a reliable source xD 

There are so many players in that team that I think Sean Dyche can get a tune out of for the rest of this season it's changed my perception of where they'll finish.

Next season will be interesting if they stay up. With the financial restraints I think Dyche will stick with what he knows in regards to a football philosophy and its one that didn't go down well with Evertonians after Big Sam. Albeit this time I think they'll be more willing to accept the approach as they're not going to be chucking big sums at finishing top six.

Either way he needs a good 18 months / 2 years to reset this football club without any interference from Moshiri. There's too many players signed by different managers that it's got to a point where there's no coherent approach. 

I am not sure that Bielsa or Dyche are really good for Everton,  the contrast is massive but both will not work out well.   Dyche plays route 1 stuff which Everton fans will hate,  they will like him if he keeps them up but like Lampard the next season they will tear into him when they play the 8 behind the ball route 1 stuff.    Bielsa will be another Martinez,  the football will be all out attack (Everton more physically limited than Leeds) but will come at goals being conceded at high rates.   

• Subscriber

Uninspiring in the grand scheme of things but I think he's got more in his locker than the "he's English and he managed a bottom half team so he's basically Allardyce" analysis will have you believe and he's probably a relatively strong appointment given the position we're in and what we can reasonably expect.

We need signings now and then we'll see if we've finally found a manager who can be moderately successful at this basket case of a football club.

The second the transfer window is closed the fans need to be 100% united in two pursuits. Supporting the team and applying pressure to have the current board removed.

Archived