talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Where do you see yourself?

football forum

Not the mirror. But, where do you see yourself this time next year? In 5 years?

I'm sure I'd answered a few of these over the 12 years I was on TFF and it would've been interesting to see what changed!

This time next year I see myself travelling the Americas. Long time ambition of mine, and whilst I currently have no strong ties, I feel next year is the time to do it.

In 5 years, I would hoping to be in a nice relationship, and have a permanent teaching position back in the suburbs of Perth.

How about you?

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Now that I have found a career that is something I can develop in then if all goes to plan I will be working in the same company but only higher up the scale. 

In regards to other things in life I am not sure. I thought 5 years ago I would have settled down by now but I am pretty much as wild as ever. 

Currently working on a good job, the missus is also doing well. The money isn't the best but it's good enough. I am seriously considering moving abroad, with the most likely destination to be Germany. This year could be a big one decision wise.

7 minutes ago, True Blue said:

Currently working on a good job, the missus is also doing well. The money isn't the best but it's good enough. I am seriously considering moving abroad, with the most likely destination to be Germany. This year could be a big one decision wise.

If you're gonna do it do it soon mate, your chances of finding a good job in a different country will diminish as you turn older.

I see myself rich in 5 years, or at least with decent projects on going which will eventually and sooner rather than later lead to that.

Just now, Berserker said:

If you're gonna do it do it soon mate, your chances of finding a good job in a different country will diminish as you turn older.

I see myself rich in 5 years, or at least with decent projects on going which will eventually and sooner rather than later lead to that.

Yeah that is why i will probably try it until the end of this year, or perhaps the start of the next. The rich part is very interesting, however if i earned enough not to worry i would be very pleased.

1 minute ago, True Blue said:

Yeah that is why i will probably try it until the end of this year, or perhaps the start of the next. The rich part is very interesting, however if i earned enough not to worry i would be very pleased.

If i get rich i'll hire you as my personal bodyguard, you can never have enough mean looking Eastern European bodyguards.

I don't have a clue where I'll be. In five years I could be anywhere do anything with anyone.

In about a month I'll receive my A-level results which, if they're good enough, will get me into University. If this goes well then this time next year I'll have ideally formed or joined a band, hope to have a secure relationship and hope to have gained confidence across the board.

In five years time the ideal situation would be to have a 2:1 or a first class degree. If I did get a first then I'd definetely consider pursuing a masters degree and perhaps a doctorate. Even if I did do this well I'd hopefully be emersed in my music be it with the same band or another group of people. If music didn't work out for me then I'd look for a career in the theatre or in politics or journalism. I'd still be in a good relationship and will have hopefully travelled to a couple of places.

In 5 years time I'll have hopefully have travelled Australia, New Zealand, South East Asia, India (hopefully) and Central America. If I'm reaaaaaaaaally lucky, spent a year in Canada too. That would make me really happy travelwise.

Away from the travels I hope to be making tracks into a career, I've always been interested in Psychology so potentially do a degree and go from there. I'm a bit tired of being at entry level jobs, but I'm happy to carry on with them if it means I can travel again. But I do look forward to setting into a career I like with a decent wage attached.

I'll have been with my girlfriend 2 years next month, can definitely see myself being married with kids on the horizon in 5 years time.

Biggest thing is just not to rush into anything and carrying saving out here in Oz go on some adventures, for me and the missus travelling comes first which is good for both of us as we're on the same page. I would honestly hate it if we had to settle back in the UK without seeing the world, with all the opportunities available these day to go travelling it's a must do before any career, wife, child or mortgage. Having had cancer I had to spend two years in the UK on surveillance which set my travels back, granted it meant I met my girlfriend but there's no more time to waste.

• Subscriber

I finish my current job tomorrow, starting at a new school back in the Isle of Man as of September. This time next year I hope to be looking back at a good first year in a new school having firmly established myself there, while also being able to believe that my struggles in the past year have been down to my current setting rather than me.

In five years time I'll hopefully have some more responsibility, maybe head of year or something, anything would be nice.

Outside of my professional life I'd probably hope to be in a fairly committed relationship by the time five years has passed that's actually going somewhere, not that arsed about that happening in the next year though. 

18 minutes ago, Tsubasa said:

Now that's a future I can believe in. 

Still have one Weihenstephaner Hefeweisse bier. I don't envy you Germans, this is the stuff you're used to but this is a new experience for me. German and Belgian wheat beers really tickle my pickle. Hard to get a decent of the later but their are some nice American attempts.

• 4 months later...
On 7/19/2017 at 3:27 PM, Anton said:

Not the mirror. But, where do you see yourself this time next year? In 5 years?

I'm sure I'd answered a few of these over the 12 years I was on TFF and it would've been interesting to see what changed!

This time next year I see myself travelling the Americas. Long time ambition of mine, and whilst I currently have no strong ties, I feel next year is the time to do it.

In 5 years, I would hoping to be in a nice relationship, and have a permanent teaching position back in the suburbs of Perth.

How about you?

Already not even 5 months on from this, and the America's trip isn't happening!

• Subscriber
7 minutes ago, Anton said:

Already not even 5 months on from this, and the America's trip isn't happening!

Same here xD I have at least 3 different plans for next year, and while I'm leaning heavily towards one of them, I'm still pretty much open to the others too. 

Happy to have a good stable job that doesn't interfere with any of my plans though, so at least that's not an issue.

There's no way in hell I could ever predict where I'll be in 5 years from now.

I hope I get to go on a fucking trip, to somewhere I've never been before next year. I also would very much like to go home at some point in the near future because it's been a long time - I wanted to come back for Christmas this year, but I never got around to arranging the flights early enough and I'm not going to pay for holiday ticket prices right before Christmas. So maybe next year, I'll be back in England for a week or two in December.

Archived