The better place to talk football.

FA Cup 2022/23 - 4th Round Matches

football forum

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

No way in hell are we getting the CL this season. We are pure dogshit

Klopp's got to figure it out fast, still 17 or so games to play, only really Arsenal playing great at the minute so you only need a good run to sneak in

9 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Klopp's got to figure it out fast, still 17 or so games to play, only really Arsenal playing great at the minute so you only need a good run to sneak in

This seasons over and there’s no saving it. I’ve got more faith in Klopp than I’ve got in the players though

2 hours ago, Stan said:

Just seen Fabinho's tackle too. What the actual fuck. How does VAR not even spot that? From behind and on the achilles. 

I hope we sell him asap. That was one of the worst sub appearances I’ve ever seen at this club. He’s just shite and passed it - if he got a red it would have been a favour for us 

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This seasons over and there’s no saving it. I’ve got more faith in Klopp than I’ve got in the players though

I wouldn't write them off just yet. We were worse in 20/21 when we lost 6 home games on the bounce and then put a run together. Top 4 will be much more difficult this year but I won't lose faith yet. 

30 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I wouldn't write them off just yet. We were worse in 20/21 when we lost 6 home games on the bounce and then put a run together. Top 4 will be much more difficult this year but I won't lose faith yet. 

In that season it felt more ravaged by injuries. This season we’ve had injuries but we’ve also just generally been shit.

52 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I won’t bet against a good run once we get those important players back from injury, maybe they will drag us through some games. That being said, the rest of these players are more than capable of being a lot better than we have seen. We have gotten worse as the season has went on, which is a worrying sign. 

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Also, do Wrexham know how to defend?

They often have some ridiculous high scoring games.

Exactly what I said a little bit earlier. They had that 5-4 loss over Grimsby in the play offs last year and have had a few similar results lately. They have focused a lot of money on attack but not defending.

• Subscriber
3 hours ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Also, do Wrexham know how to defend?

They often have some ridiculous high scoring games.

Exactly what I said a little bit earlier. They had that 5-4 loss over Grimsby in the play offs last year and have had a few similar results lately. They have focused a lot of money on attack but not defending.

50 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

In that season it felt more ravaged by injuries. This season we’ve had injuries but we’ve also just generally been shit.

Have we not been ravaged by injuries up front? Three players have all missed big chunks of the season and then Nunez has spent some time out too. I'm convinced things change for the better once we get those players back. Even once Nunez is ready to start games, which hopefully is very soon.

26 minutes ago, Rick said:

I won’t bet against a good run once we get those important players back from injury, maybe they will drag us through some games. That being said, the rest of these players are more than capable of being a lot better than we have seen. We have gotten worse as the season has went on, which is a worrying sign. 

I don't think we were too bad today. Certainly big improvements from the league game there. They just can't catch a break. The equaliser was a complete fluke and the winner was just a great goal. Gomez will take some stick for it but I'm not sure he could have done much about it.

7 hours ago, ...Dan said:

That Mitoma goal was incredible. I've watched it on loop so many times. I'm just stunned by the technique. One of the best goals I've ever seen.

And just because it was only Brighton shouldn't lessen that.

The club seems to be going through a difficult phase of manager & players thinking they've outgrown the club. Or have greener grass to move onto. But they really do have the chance to be a long term modern challenger to the bigger supported name clubs. Frustrating the clubs below as much as those they are amongst right now.

Not sure what is going on with Liverpool players absent. Harvey Elliot has scored a couple recently. But surely any side would miss Diaz, Jota & Nunez. I'd still be shocked if they don't get Top 7 & European football of some kind. It's so valued these days. By clubs & players. But the current Top 4 seems very strong. Despite anything Pep says while enduring Arsenal & Man United.

• Administrator

Replays - all 19.45 (GMT)

Tuesday 31st January, 2023
Birmingham vs Blackburn

Tuesday 7th February, 2023
Burnley vs Ipswich
Fleetwood vs Sheff Weds
Grimsby vs Luton
Sheff Utd vs Wrexham
Sunderland vs Fulham

• The topic was unpinned

Archived