talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tete - Leicester Sign Right Winger

• Administrator

Linked with him for a couple of weeks. 'Complex' deal as he's on loan with Lyon, but out of favour with Laurent Blanc. So we'd have to pay Shakhtar a fee, and most likely work out a fee for Shakhtar/Lyon to cut short the loan.

@Michael have you watched him for Shakhtar, before he went on loan?

He's exactly what we need in terms of filling a position - left-footed, right winger. And is fairly well-rated. Fits the profile of a young player that we could sell on for a big profit potentially in the future... 

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
13 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

not sure he is the player you need but then again you need a lot.   I think Leicester have to fix that defense and central midfield out,  it is like tissue paper in a hurricane. 

We need a right winger and you're saying he's not the player we need?

Central midfield lacks a lot if Maddison/KDH don't play. LB appears to have been sorted with signing of Kristiansen, and we look to be in for Souttar from Stoke which will be a big improvement.

1 minute ago, Stan said:

We need a right winger and you're saying he's not the player we need?

Central midfield lacks a lot if Maddison/KDH don't play. LB appears to have been sorted with signing of Kristiansen, and we look to be in for Souttar from Stoke which will be a big improvement.

going to be all hands on deck

• Subscriber

This is sounding hopeful. Fair play to them if they get this one in as it seemed tricky. Get a centre half as well and I'm satisfied it's a window that'll be enough to keep us up - not that the squad isn't good enough to stay up anyway but there would be no excuse whatsoever.

Would be delighted if we got this one done. He looks like what we need.

• Administrator
7 minutes ago, Dan said:

He's coming! I'm excited about this one.

An actual right winger*.

First proper one since Mahrez. Shameful in itself but hopefully this sets us back on track. Really excited about this player. 

*Ghezzal was shite so doesn't count xD

• Subscriber

He has a good record wherever he's played, scores a very good allround score on FBref as well which is a quite good analytics site. I see no way he doesn't improve us. It's taken way too long I agree but glad it looks like we've finally done it - for what appears to be a reasonable price on the face of it as well.

I say that but don't know all of the intricacies of the deal. My only fear at this point is it is actually a loan with no view to permanent, but would we have agreed to that?

Rodgers has no excuses at all now.

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Dan said:

He has a good record wherever he's played, scores a very good allround score on FBref as well which is a quite good analytics site. I see no way he doesn't improve us. It's taken way too long I agree but glad it looks like we've finally done it - for what appears to be a reasonable price on the face of it as well.

I say that but don't know all of the intricacies of the deal. My only fear at this point is it is actually a loan with no view to permanent, but would we have agreed to that?

Rodgers has no excuses at all now.

Got a better goals/90 rate than Neymar so far this season. 

Loan or not, if he helps keep us up and get us back on track, I'm happy to be in that position for the summer. Ideal scenario is that we've negotiated an obligatory fee in summer and that's all we pay to get him done on a permanent after we've stayed up. 

Agree about Rodgers. Don't want any more excuses that he isn't backed in transfer market or sly digs at the board that he doesn't have who he wants. 

Seems there is a rule for overseas players. Bit shit. 

Leicester City are closing in on a move for Tete but the likelihood is he will only be able to sign until the end of the season due to the conflict in Ukraine.

Tete is currently on loan at Lyon after taking up the option of suspending his contract with his parent club, Shakhtar Donetsk. He was allowed to do so after FIFA temporarily changed rules that allowed overseas players to suspend rather than cancel contracts due to Russia's invasion of Ukraine.

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Seems there is a rule for overseas players. Bit shit. 

I'd imagine it'd be made permanent. It's a more complex one than average though so I was giving us a bit more leeway this time. Really hope we've not been stuffed over somehow xD wouldn't be shocked.

We've never had a Brazilian player. That's mental for how long we've been up.

On 25/01/2023 at 12:46, Stan said:

Linked with him for a couple of weeks. 'Complex' deal as he's on loan with Lyon, but out of favour with Laurent Blanc. So we'd have to pay Shakhtar a fee, and most likely work out a fee for Shakhtar/Lyon to cut short the loan.

@Michael have you watched him for Shakhtar, before he went on loan?

He's exactly what we need in terms of filling a position - left-footed, right winger. And is fairly well-rated. Fits the profile of a young player that we could sell on for a big profit potentially in the future... 

Yes, Tete is an excellent winger, not quite Mudryk level, but a classy young winger nonetheless. Tete was impressive for Shakhtar in the Ukrainian League as well as in the Champions League. He carried his good form to Lyon in the French League as well, so I have no doubt that he will be one of Leicester City's better players.

Shakhtar Donetsk are asking for £25 million for him, which isn't that much for a young winger like Tete, who still has a lot of potential to improve. Shakhtar though are making a lot of money from their player sales. Mudryk was sold to Chelsea for an eventual and potential £90 million, while Tete and Matviyenko look like they will be sold to other Premier League clubs. If Leicester City do seal Tete's signature, I think he will be a great addition to their squad.

• The title was changed to Tete - Leicester Sign Right Winger
  • Administrator
5 hours ago, Devil said:

Maddison isn't a right winger, why on earth would you think that?

Desperation xD

Maddison has played on the right, but it's the most inverted RW you could ever get, really. He drifts in centrally so much it's not even a question about calling him a RW.

I can't see Maddison leaving by Tuesday evening. Would be damaging for us and a big anti-climax after signing Tete. We need him to stay, and stay fit, to help keep us up.

• Subscriber

Think it's an excellent signing and I'm almost certain he's an improvement on what we have. Highly regarded by plenty of reputable people and only circumstance has allowed him to become available.

Sounds to me like it's a loan until the end of the season. Seems a complicated one though. I'm convinced we're gonna end up heartbroken in the summer, but then it's an improvement in the mean time regardless.

Now for a centre half - and maybe even more if you believe certain people.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, OrangeKhrush said:

If Leicester sold Maddison now there would be riots in Leicester....again. 

Again?

I think you need to lay off it til summer. Maddison isn't leaving us. And he may not even leave for you in summer anyway... 

Archived