• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2022/23 - [18. Spieltag] - 27th January - 29th January 2023

football forum

• The topic was pinned
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Great weekend on tap.  Based on form at the restart I predict beatings for the following clubs: Stuttgart, Dortmund, Bremen, Hertha, and Schalke 😆.

Would love to see Frankfurt and Union close the gap at the top of the table.

7 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Feel free to correct me, but isn't there a rule in place in England not to televise football at 15:00 on Saturdays? Asking because the Berlin derby is at 15:33, which would 14:30 GST on Saturday?

If so, why? :o 

30 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Feel free to correct me, but isn't there a rule in place in England not to televise football at 15:00 on Saturdays?

Yes, that is true.  They want people to attend matches and spend the money at the stadium.  But now there are clubs that are trying to challenge this ruling and I think it's up for debate with the FA now given the technology that could allow clubs to stream their own matches.  It's an antiquated rule and all sides acknowledge it.  The question is what will be done to revise it.  

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Feel free to correct me, but isn't there a rule in place in England not to televise football at 15:00 on Saturdays? Asking because the Berlin derby is at 15:30, which would be 14:30 GST on Saturday?

1 hour ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Might be wrong, but a possible explanation would be not to prevent people from attending lower league matches of their local teams. As I said I might to be wrong , still seem to remember I've read something along these lines long time ago.

Yep, the 3pm blackout. 

@Rucksackfranzose I meant as to why its remained 2.30pm instead of one of the other fixture time slots (5.30pm), or Sunday. Generally they're shown on Sky who have the rights to Bundesliga. 

3 minutes ago, Stan said:

Yep, the 3pm blackout. 

@Rucksackfranzose I meant as to why its remained 2.30pm instead of one of the other fixture time slots (5.30pm), or Sunday. Generally they're shown on Sky who have the rights to Bundesliga. 

Well 15:30 is the regular main fixture slot, Bayern -Frankfurt at 18:30 is the rightfully the labelled the top match of that matchday, and Union play their DFB-Pokal match already on Tuesday, which makes the Sunday slot impossible.

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Rucksackfranzose said:

Well 15:30 is the regular main fixture slot, Bayern -Frankfurt at 18:30 is the rightfully the labelled the top match of that matchday, and Union play their DFB-Pokal match already on Tuesday, which makes the Sunday slot impossible.

Fair enough.

It was partly for selfish reasons, as well :ph34r:

Mainz are destroying Bochum here, they are 3-0 up already, after only 28 minutes of the match being played. 

It more competitive and end to end in the Freiburg v Augsburg match, where Freiburg are currently leading 2-1.

• Subscriber

And we hold onto the 1-0 lead going into HT. This is the Werder of the Hinrunde again - attacking football, strong defending, fighting mentality. Hope we can keep it up, increase the lead in the 2nd half, and win the match... 

36 minutes ago, Tommy said:

How the fuck did John Brooks end up at Hoffenheim? I completely missed the news, so I was surprised to see him there. 

Brooks only joined Hoffenheim a couple of days ago, as he wasn't getting much playing time at Benfica. He hasn't exactly been great in today's game either.

6 minutes ago, nudge said:

Wolfsburg score in the 90th minute, and then the ref gives 6 minutes of added time. A bit weird, considering there have been barely any stoppages...

Well, he gets to drive home in his brand new Volkswagen tonight. :ph34r:

Happy to see Bremen winning! Did not expect that against the team of the hour, Wolfsburg. 

Also Gladbach with their first away win of the season. xD

Nice to see Union winning against the Big Shitty Club. If Frankfurt manage to beat Bayern tonight, Union would stay level on points with Bayern. 

• Subscriber

Lol what a crazy last minutes... 9 minutes of added time, looked like somebody really wanted Wolfsburg to equalise. Thankfully, we held on. An extremely important win, but Weiser getting booked for nothing and missing the Stuttgart match as a result is very annoying. 

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

I have a strong feeling that Bayern will put a few past Frankfurt today.

But Gnabry has been to a fashion show in Paris! They are traumatised. 

• The topic was unpinned

Archived