talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Bundesliga 2022/23 - [18. Spieltag] - 27th January - 29th January 2023

football forum

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just seen the line-ups and Bayern have actually gone with a rather surprising attacking line-up. They are essentially only playing with one defensive midfielder in Kimmich. In attacking midfield they will have Musiala and Muller, while Sane and Coman are playing out on the wings. Stanisic also surprisingly starts. On second thoughts, after viewing the line-up and the players selected, I think this could be a tougher game for Bayern than I originally thought. Frankfurt are set-up to counter and with Bayern only really deploying one defensive midfielder, Frankfurt could find plenty of space when they attack on the break.

I much prefer when Bayern play with Kimmich and Goretzka in the sitting midfield roles or even Kimmich and Gravenbach(these are the 2 who I thought would play together today) in those positions. Playing just one defensive midfielder looks more risky, especially against a decent team like Frankfurt. Bayern are set-up with more attacking firepower today, but they are also looking light in the defensive part of their midfield. It should be an interesting encounter, to see what strategy succeeds.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived