talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Joao Cancelo - Man City to Bayern Munich on loan

Excelent start for him obviously. 17 minutes to get an assist.

2 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

I mean, defending is a good ability for a defender to have. He's no TAA from what I've seen. He actually stays home often enough, but if he is a bit wank at defending I can see where that would be a sticking point. 

He's far from terrible but I've said it before, too good of a baller to play as a fullback anyway. I don't think I've seen a better playmaker as a fullback. The number of chances he creates with his carries and passes into the final third is mad.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Tell that to Trippier or Lahm. Sure, they're not home every so often, and they are now a key part of any attack, but without the ball their job is to defend. It helps if they're good at it. 

Your definition describes every position on the pitch, even some goalkeepers.

• Subscriber
11 hours ago, Machado said:

Excelent start for him obviously. 17 minutes to get an assist.

He's far from terrible but I've said it before, too good of a baller to play as a fullback anyway. I don't think I've seen a better playmaker as a fullback. The number of chances he creates with his carries and passes into the final third is mad.

I think this is why hes the perfect signing. With how Nag's setsup we basically deploy Davies as a winger in possession and rely on his speed to come back and defend on the break. Having a threat from the right which we haven't had will pay dividends, especially as teams sit back and we've struggled to break them down at times. 

Archived