talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Gattuso out at Valencia

football forum

Well, contrary to my post in the Valencia thread (granted it was back in October) it hasn't worked out with Gattuso. The last month has been awful.  Still, I'm surprised they've pulled the trigger so soon. The club is now in a relegation battle having lost to Cadiz, Almeria, and Valladolid.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Spike said:

Valencia competing with Everton for worst owners in football

Absolutely. Rumors a few years ago that Radrizzani (Leeds owner) would be interested when he sells up to the 49ers. Hope that happens.

4 minutes ago, Coma said:

Absolutely. Rumors a few years ago that Radrizzani (Leeds owner) would be interested when he sells up to the 49ers. Hope that happens.

They need a membership system like Barcelona and Real Madrid

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

They need a membership system like Barcelona and Real Madrid

That would be my preference but I thought there was some law in Spain that forced clubs into private ownership? There are a few exceptions as you mentioned, also Athletic and Osasuna.

Just went back and read up on it. Apparently there was a movement to that type of ownership, not a requirement. Several phoenix clubs have popped up in opposition in recent years, including CD Cuenca Mestallistas. All according to Wikipedia. 

20 hours ago, Eco said:

Reports this morning from Valencia are that Lim and co are looking to bring back Nuno Espirito Santo. 

https://www.football-espana.net/2023/02/07/peter-lim-looking-to-bring-former-valencia-manager-back-to-club-to-ease-relegation-worries

I've read it a couple different places but I honestly can't see that happening.  There's something like a 6m euro release clause for him and the club is allegedly skint.  Personally, I'd rather they just find a younger coach with some fresh ideas instead of rehashing all these names.  Until Lim gets the hell out this club will have a black cloud hanging over it.

2 hours ago, Coma said:

I've read it a couple different places but I honestly can't see that happening.  There's something like a 6m euro release clause for him and the club is allegedly skint.  Personally, I'd rather they just find a younger coach with some fresh ideas instead of rehashing all these names.  Until Lim gets the hell out this club will have a black cloud hanging over it.

I agree completely. Lim has become one of the worst owners in La Liga history. I expected trouble when the Board of Directors was all of his friends and family, and NO ONE being Spanish. Not meaning to sound nationalist, but I'm not sure how anyone can honestly expect someone to give their all for a club without having anyone from the area or even the country. But no, this owner and board are just using Valencia as a job/toy, and the real fans and people with ideas and inspiration are left outside looking in. 

Get Lim out, get someone who actually cares about the club and city, and get Valencia back to where they can be. 

21 minutes ago, Stan said:

Ruben Baraja takes over. 

Got a soft spot for Valencia since visiting there. I really hope they pull through this bad time they're experiencing. 

Wow - how long has it been since he was at Zaragoza? 

He'll be great for the fans, as he is one of them, however I'm not sure how much he can improve this already rough squad. 

Regardless, I do hope they stay up and that he does well. 

Archived