talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Sign Alvaro Morata

Chelsea have announced they have agreed a fee with Real Madrid for the transfer of Alvaro Morata.

The move is now subject to the 24-year-old agreeing personal terms and passing a medical, according to a statement released by Chelsea.

The Spain international will arrive in London on Thursday morning and is expected to sign a five-year contract once he passes his medical.

Manchester United had been in talks to sign Morata prior to the signing of Chelsea target Romelu Lukaku, but they refused to pay Real's £70.7m (€80m) asking price.

source: Sky Sports and the official website.

Conte will be delighted

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 6666 said:

Real Madrid selling a Man Utd target to a different club and using that money to buy De Gea would be lovely.

It would be. Besides if they couldn't find a replacement Sergio Romero just signed a five-year contract extention. He wants De Gea to stay which is odd as surely you'd want to be the first-choice having only featured six times in two years. I wonder why he doesn't want it to happen..? Clearly just in it for the money or at least it would seem that way. o.O

Manchester United snatched Lukaku from under Chelsea's noses, but in the end Chelsea are the winners because Alvaro Morata is a better striker than Romelu Lukaku, and they've got him for less. Fantastic signing for Chelsea, he'll do amazing things in England.

3 hours ago, True Blue said:

The initial fee is 58 mill pounds, with add on's and probably performance wise it could rise to 70 mill.

At Real Madrid they've said it's €80m (£76m in today's price from Euro to Sterling) clean!  There are add ons but they're a plus on €80m according to the club from Madrid.

Read Mourinho's comments on the interest he had in taking Morata to Manchester United from a week ago.

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

At Real Madrid they've said it's €80m (£76m in today's price from Euro to Sterling) clean!  There are add ons but they're a plus on €80m according to the club from Madrid.

Read Mourinho's comments on the interest he had in taking Morata to Manchester United from a week ago.

Di Marzio says the same,  €80m plus €5m in add ons.  

Real Madrid have done well to get that much for their bench player that never scored consistently in Serie A and only had a decent goal return last season because he's at a team that play opponents that give up after conceding a goal because their stupid league values head to head records ahead of goal difference. In the short term he's a downgrade on Diego Costa but at least he's less of a cunt. Long term we'll have to wait and see, might be good enough to be the next Torres. Only rated by Spanish football fanboys that thought Nolito was a great buy for Man City.

:coffee: but also :219_fisherman_fishing_at_a_lake:

Part of the add ons aren't even related to him directly and are based on Chelsea results for the next two seasons.  One of them that I heard last night is related to Chelsea reaching the semis of the Champions League this coming season and is above the €5m.  From what I'm hearing, the deal could spiral to €97m if all incentives are met in a two year period.  What's certain is that €80 has been deposited in whole at Real Madrid's current account.

Well while you all argue the toss over the fee to try and score a brownie point or two, the important factor here is, if he signs, Conte will be given one of the two names he asked for before being announced as Chelsea manager last summer. Common knowledge Chelsea bid for Morata last summer which was turned down by Madrid.

Agent Jose has done us a huge favor paying Lukaku's agent his blood money so we get the player our manager really wanted.

Time will tell who turns into being the more successful signing, but as things stand today, if Morata signs for Chelsea, Chelsea fans will be, as Pat Nevin quite rightly said,  punching the air in celebration.

Hmm not sure? Morata may well turn out to be the best signing but as things stand Lukaku looks to be the best bet. 

Hes Prem proven and barring injury will almost certainly score 25-30 goals a season. The same can't be guaranteed of Morata. 

It could be argued that Morata will provide more in terms of work rate and link up play, but that is yet to be seen. 

I'm intrigued to see which player turns out to be the best signing. 

14 minutes ago, Harry said:

This is just getting silly now.

I don't know if it is really all that silly if you're commenting on the fact of how much Chelsea has paid and could continue to be paying.

The reason I say this is because players at the top end aren't easy issues to negotiate anymore and ok, yeah, we can say that this is the club's problem and not ours.  But a club can go belly up easily within a few years due to ridiculous mistakes.

Take for example a signing FC Barcelona completed a few days ago from Benfica...  Nélson Semedo the right-back went to Barça for reportedly €50m but when you look at the various add ons, the whole deal could spiral to over €100m.  One of the add ons is that every 50 games Semedo plays for Barça (official games) they will pay an extra €5m.  This add on lasts during the initial contract the player has signed and that contract lasts 4 years...

These things in todays football is important and unfortunately us fans should have to have an opinion on all of this.

But then again I've read comments even heard comments where fans don't give a damn how much their club pays for players just as long as they're signed and they arrive.

2 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Hmm not sure? Morata may well turn out to be the best signing but as things stand Lukaku looks to be the best bet. 

Hes Prem proven and barring injury will almost certainly score 25-30 goals a season. The same can't be guaranteed of Morata. 

It could be argued that Morata will provide more in terms of work rate and link up play, but that is yet to be seen. 

Min intrigued to see which player turns out to be the best signing. 

For sure this is the case and I will agree with you.  But what if a Premier League club signed Lionel Messi?  He's not "Prem Proven" and in factual analysis even then Lukaku would be the better buy from an initial point of reference.

3 hours ago, SirBalon said:

2me38sg.png

5 minutes ago, True Blue said:

2me38sg.png

What does that graphic prove mate?

Real Madrid are a fan run club and at the end of the fiscal year have to present their negotiations to the members. They can't lie or Florentino will be out on his arse. 

Archived