talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Chelsea Sign Alvaro Morata

Just now, SirBalon said:

What does that graphic prove mate?

Real Madrid are a fan run club and at the end of the fiscal year have to present their negotiations to the members. They can't lie or Florentino will be out on his arse. 

Let's wait for their official announcement then ^_^, they aren't reporting the exact fee. So basically everything we wrote is from various sources which all suggest the fee is closer to 60 mill pounds.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure whether Lukaku or Morata is the better fit for United or for Chelsea, and which player Mourinho and Conte wanted.  As a United fan I would have been happy with either and think both teams got a good player.  Looks like both clubs paid similar money, give or take an add on or two and I suspect both players will have good season.  No need to trash the other team's buy, looks like it could have easily gone the other way. 

42 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

I am not sure whether Lukaku or Morata is the better fit for United or for Chelsea, and which player Mourinho and Conte wanted.  As a United fan I would have been happy with either and think both teams got a good player.  Looks like both clubs paid similar money, give or take an add on or two and I suspect both players will have good season.  No need to trash the other team's buy, looks like it could have easily gone the other way. 

Well, it's no secret that Conte has a hard on for Morata since 2014.  And it's no secret that Mourinho likes his strikers to be tall and bullish. 

We play in a way where we demand a lot out of our striker. Morata is good with both feet, good in the air, great with linking up in the midfield as well as a good finisher in the box. The Ideal candidate in our system. 

Who knows what really happened behind the scenes, but all reliable evidence suggests that both managers got their #1 preferred striker. 

3 hours ago, Redcanuck said:

The major reason Chelsea fans did not want Lukaku back was because of the way teams set up against us in 90% of games. We were resigned that he was returning because of the stories of him being a Chelsea fan & Michael Emenalo choice ect, but most Chelsea fans didnt think he had improved enough to return.

For example, how close does anyone think Lukaku is to performing like Costa?

While favor must be given to Lukaku for next season because he has experience in the PL, the better fit for Chelsea is Morata.

Happy to read and listen too many in the football media who agree Morata is the better fit out of the two for Chelsea and have highlighted how Conte would prefer to play a two up front.

What I find most ironic is, we must thank Jose for settling the Stamford Bridge waves between his Premier League winning Chelsea manager replacement and the Chelsea board, by removing Lukaku off the table, allowing Conte's choice to sign.

I believe signing Lukaku would have caused more damage both on and off the field.....So

Thanks Jose :ay:

'Premier League proven' is possibly the stupidest rationalisation in the world. It defies all logic; both for promoting youth and buying outside of the league.  Was Alan Shearer PL proven when he debuted? Was Henry? Ronaldo? Lampard? Gerrard?

1 hour ago, Spike said:

'Premier League proven' is possibly the stupidest rationalisation in the world. It defies all logic; both for promoting youth and buying outside of the league.  Was Alan Shearer PL proven when he debuted? Was Henry? Ronaldo? Lampard? Gerrard?

It doesn't always make a difference I agree, but sometimes it does. 

There are countless examples of players that have been brilliant in other leagues but have come to England and been wank. 

Its a totally individual thing that really depends on the players mentality and physical attributes. 

Morata could be great or he could be a total flop. Or he could be somewhere in between. 

Glad this is sorted, i think we will still be in the market for a new lwb. With Zouma loaned out we have Cahill, Luiz, Rudiger and Cesar at the back. Depending if we keep any of the youngsters that can play s CB's.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Cicero said:

10-morata.jpg

I liked what Conte said about him in the press conference. It was something on the lines of "he is young and he wasn't getting a lot of playing time at his previous club so its going to take some time for him to get into a rhythm". If you ask me hes doing very well for himself.

• 1 month later...

Archived