talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

2023 F1 Pre-season testing and your season expectations?

football forum

• Subscriber

Pre-season testing is in Bahrain, the dates are below. The most obvious things we want to see is close competition across the field and more race winners, along with unexpected drivers winning or at least getting onto the podium.

Will RB walk away with it? Can Ferrari challenge for a season and can Mercedes get in the mix? Can't wait to see how Alonso does at his new team. I wonder if Ocon and Gasly and Mag vs the Hulk gets rough?

Thursday 23rd February,

Friday 24th February,

Saturday 25th February. 

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Subscriber

Expect Mercedes to improve and do much better, same with Ferrari, hopefully, so we can have a bit more competition for the title. The rest will still be far away from the top 3. Predict Williams to be the most improved team. 

I will probably watch much less than I used to, while still keeping an eye on all the developments.

I used to complain about how uncompetitive the grid was when Lewis was dominating, and then sure enough I was bored again last year with Max dominating the grid. 

This year I'm hoping to see more out of Sainz, who I have grown to like more and more. Russell is hard not to like and I'd like to see him improve on an impressive rookie year with Mercedes. And then there is Sarg, who I just hope doesn't get too overwhelmed and is the next Latifi. 

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

Ferrari's nose dents at high speeds. 

2sgxbx4kdwja1.png

Genius design or construction error? xD

Seems like testing your construction and design at high speed would have been fairly important to get right IN AN F1 CAR.

ffs

Reports saying Lance Stroll fractured both of his wrists in his bicycle accident, and was operated on one. If that's true, there's no way he's going to be in the car for the first race. 

• Subscriber
10 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Reports saying Lance Stroll fractured both of his wrists in his bicycle accident, and was operated on one. If that's true, there's no way he's going to be in the car for the first race. 

Will there really be any difference in his driving?

Archived