16/01/2021 - Fulham 0-1 Chelsea

Recent Form
Chelsea - DWLLL
Fulham - DLLWW

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seriously, fuck Kovacic. 

Plays every minute for Croatia at the WC yet asking him to play 2 matches in a row for the club is an impossibility. 

Kepa

Chalobah Silva Badiashile Cucurella

Enzo  Hall

Ziyech   Mount Mudryk

Havertz

18 minutes ago, Machado said:

The problem with signing so many players is that you basically need another pre-season.

I don't envy Potter at all.... Tonight was about getting as many bodies on the pitch as possible but with no decent game time between them signing and playing they don't have a hope in hell of finding any form or understanding with each other... personally I would have gone back to the basics and played James and Chillwell from the off with Fernandez to strengthen that midfield then tweak it as you go...

I get the feeling that Mudryk could be a little like Hazard used to be, not always starting in some games but coming on as a second half sub to have more impact, like Hazard unless the conditions are right starting him just does not get the best out of him. He had a great impact on the game coming on late against Liverpool than he did tonight starting the game.. 

Having said that these players have had fuck all time to gel and just throwing the bodies on hoping for one moment of magic will not cut the mustard at this level.. despite all that individual talent we still couldn't muster much of a threat in front of goal. We had some decent chances but two goals in 6 games tells the story where that's concerned.. So much more I could say but right now just not in the mood for it.. 

• Administrator

Thought Willian was impressive tonight. And Fulham's defence. 

Chelsea just looked disjointed. I don't even blame Potter for that. Boehly is just playing cheat-code FM and Potter is or will just become the fall guy. 

Lack of CMs hurt us tonight. Gallagher and Mount’s positioning in the build up really handicaps the team, and Enzo in particular. 

Wont blame Potter but he needs to come to the point where he starts dropping Mount and Havertz. Hopefully next week with Felix. 

43 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Lack of CMs hurt us tonight. Gallagher and Mount’s positioning in the build up really handicaps the team, and Enzo in particular. 

Wont blame Potter but he needs to come to the point where he starts dropping Mount and Havertz. Hopefully next week with Felix. 

9BAB8D98-EB01-4749-A816-4E666EB50940.jpeg

47 minutes ago, Lucas said:

Good point gained for Chelsea that.

Was always going to be difficult playing a side above them.

I was surprised by this result to be honest, considering how they managed to keep a clean sheet as underdogs. 

I'm not sure how long they can keep these kinds of results up though given the lack of investment in the squad over the last few windows..

6 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

I'm not sure how long they can keep these kinds of results up though given the lack of investment in the squad over the last few windows..

Agreed... another 500Mill spent in the summer should cover our shortcomings.. 

If Liverpool avoid defeat at Wolves, and Villa win at home to Leicester, and Brentford are not demolished by Southampton.. Chelsea could be in 11th place.

Should all of that happen, as Boehly appears to be Abramovich in a mask, I would not be at all surprised if Potter lasts as long as a snowball in Qatar.

8 hours ago, Stan said:

Thought Willian was impressive tonight. And Fulham's defence. 

Chelsea just looked disjointed. I don't even blame Potter for that. Boehly is just playing cheat-code FM and Potter is or will just become the fall guy. 

yup, potter is gone end of this season.  maybe tie leicester

• The title was changed to Chelsea 0-0 Fulham - Friday 3rd February, 2023
4 hours ago, Cicero said:

West Ham & Dortmund are must needed improvements. 

God help Potter if Mount or Havertz start next week. 

Kai and Mason are in terrible form this season. However the one thing that all our previous managers had in common is that they never drop their favourite players regardless of their form. Fofana showed in 10 minutes that he should be starting ahead of Kai and Madueke or Chukwuemeka should push Mason out until he wakes up.

• The topic was unpinned
On 04/02/2023 at 14:53, True Blue said:

Kai and Mason are in terrible form this season. However the one thing that all our previous managers had in common is that they never drop their favourite players regardless of their form. Fofana showed in 10 minutes that he should be starting ahead of Kai and Madueke or Chukwuemeka should push Mason out until he wakes up.

Reading Carney was injured. 

Hoping at least Kovacic is back Saturday. 

Archived