talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Morata v Lukaku v Lacazette

Morata v Lukaku v Lacazette  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will score the most goals this season?

Lacazette's overall performances are still decent. Issue with him is he gets involved in the build up a lot and Sanchez just runs into the strikers positions and gets on the end of more chances. He's playing like a decoy striker but I don't think that's intentional...

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 hours ago, True Blue said:

Fair to say this wasn't aimed at you (even tough it seem's like it) I was more on about the United fans on social media.

From what I've observed and saw on social media and also in my personal life (with friends and others) the worst football followers are all either man utd or real madrid fans. Most of them dont have any idea about football (thats not wrong) but they act all intelligent and knowledgeable about football when the discussion arises. Most of them dont even watch the matches on TV either but follows score.com for updates. These are the lot that believes a player like ronaldo is the most complete one because he scores using his right leg, left leg, headers and also perhaps his dick and will say someone like kante/busquets are not very important because they scored only 5 goals overall. The shite they spew is unbearable and all they talk about is stats because they never watch a match on TV.  Always said that the HalaGGMU lot is pure scum, and it happens only because of the success these two clubs had.

EDIT: In before someone mocks me about me mentioning that they dont watch a match on TV. Obviously people like me dont live in England or Europe so we cant watch them in stadium.

4 hours ago, Asura said:

From what I've observed and saw on social media and also in my personal life (with friends and others) the worst football followers are all either man utd or real madrid fans. Most of them dont have any idea about football (thats not wrong) but they act all intelligent and knowledgeable about football when the discussion arises. Most of them dont even watch the matches on TV either but follows score.com for updates. These are the lot that believes a player like ronaldo is the most complete one because he scores using his right leg, left leg, headers and also perhaps his dick and will say someone like kante/busquets are not very important because they scored only 5 goals overall. The shite they spew is unbearable and all they talk about is stats because they never watch a match on TV.  Always said that the HalaGGMU lot is pure scum, and it happens only because of the success these two clubs had.

EDIT: In before someone mocks me about me mentioning that they dont watch a match on TV. Obviously people like me dont live in England or Europe so we cant watch them in stadium.

Agreed but the Chelsea fans aren't far behind trust me, spoiled shits.

8 hours ago, True Blue said:

Agreed but the Chelsea fans aren't far behind trust me, spoiled shits.

Yeah mate, its a problem for all the big clubs, which only begs the question why is Chelsea having that problem :ph34r:

11 hours ago, FOYM said:

Morata is so much better than the other two. Lukaku is a fat shit that can't control the ball.

The amount of one on one's Morata has missed this season is shocking. He couldn't finish his dinner tonight.

18 minutes ago, Lucas said:

The amount of one on one's Morata has missed this season is shocking. He couldn't finish his dinner tonight.

Has the audacity to post post match rubbish too. Gets tormented in the comments and rightly so. Unacceptable the amount of chances he's been wasting 

4 hours ago, Cicero said:

Has the audacity to post post match rubbish too. Gets tormented in the comments and rightly so. Unacceptable the amount of chances he's been wasting 

Talking to two Chelsea fans at work and said he's never going to be a talisman like Drogba or Costa is he. Amazing that Batshuyai cannot get a run when he's got someone as inconsistent as Morata in front of him.

Chelsea should break the bank and get Aubemeyang. I think he'd link in great there with Hazard one side and then Pedro/Willian the other.

3 hours ago, Lucas said:

Talking to two Chelsea fans at work and said he's never going to be a talisman like Drogba or Costa is he. Amazing that Batshuyai cannot get a run when he's got someone as inconsistent as Morata in front of him.

Chelsea should break the bank and get Aubemeyang. I think he'd link in great there with Hazard one side and then Pedro/Willian the other.

Aubemeyang also tends to miss the impossible, i still feel Morata done good so far considering it is a new league for him. He also wasn't a starter in any of his clubs, let's wait and see when this season ends on how many goals he will be. If he hits the 20 goal mark it will be more than a decent first season. Costa's best quality is that he basically never misses sitters and he scores from the most difficult situations. Drogba on the other hand is a big game player never failed to impress in a big game. Still out of the three finishing wise Costa edges them all, while Drogba was the most complete striker.

I don’t know how many people here will remember Thierry Henry’s first season as an Arsenal player. He was signed as the replacement for Nicholas Anelka who moved to Real Madrid so as to be a dog over there and not here (his words not mine) and in came Henry who had flattered to deceive at Juventus after signing from AS Monaco.

I’m not comparing football styles or the players at all aside from the fact they both have in common that their objective is to score goals.  Henry’s first season was frustrating when we had just had Anelka who only had to sniff at the goal while pelting at 100mph and you knew he’d finish the move.  Henry in his first months had all the moves and would find himself in incredible scoring situations and somehow manage to miss the chance much more than not.

I remember football debates back then between us Arsenal fans where some were initially upset that we’d gotten Henry which looked like an experiment seeing as he’d failed in Italy instead of doing more to keep Anelka (we used to have a very rigid wage structure back then)... But other fans myself included would always be saying that the most difficult part of being a goal scorer is having the intelligence and game to get yourself into major scoring situations and that the confidence to finish the majority of the chances would eventually arrive especially once the team and he himself felt part of a new unit.

Morata is getting himself into some amazing goal scoring situations and I have no doubt he’ll end up succeeding because that’s a big part of being a player that lives off goals.  The more sitters he misses, the more his confidence is dragged down and the more he thinks too much instead of acting on instincts when in front of the keeper. At Real Madrid he was scoring what he missed yesterday with his eyes closed.

• 11 months later...
  • Administrator
On 20/07/2017 at 16:02, Stan said:

Morata. Think he'll work best in Chelsea's team and feed off the service that players like Hazard/Pedro/Fabregas can provide, just like Costa did. 

Reckon Lukaku will score a lot of 'pointless' goals i.e. goals that won't affect the outcome of the game. He did this a lot at Everton I believe. 

This aged brilliantly and then started to age really badly circa August 2018.

4 minutes ago, ScoRoss said:

Has Lacazette been the best?

Over time, yep. Morata/Lukaku were fine last season; seems like the World Cup and confidence issues have affected them greatly. Lacazette has gone the other way - underwhelming (under Wenger) last season and sort of been released and now flourishing under Emery. Lacazette also had the benefit of having a summer to sort himself out. I know Morata didn't play in the World Cup either but perhaps change in manager hasn't helped him.

Archived