talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Morata v Lukaku v Lacazette

Morata v Lukaku v Lacazette  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Who will score the most goals this season?

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FOYM said:

It's fans and Mourinho DARE complain about decisions going against them. Sky sports saying Lukaku is gonna get off without punishment for his kick out. Ridiculous. 

Blessing in disguise for Watford, Arsenal and City. Rashford up front would be more dangerous than Lukaku atm. 

Morata seems to fit like a glove at Chelsea, Lukaku is just doing as expected really.. I'd place Lacazette's general arrival in that Arsenal side over what Lukaku has done so far and we'll just have to see how he evolves and if he can become what United would need him to be to compete at the highest level in that position.

• Subscriber

Lukaku as expected has scored a lot of goals but if you take them away how many points do United drop? One at Stoke off the top of my head.

Lacazette has been a let down, surprised that he's scored as many as 6 to be honest.

Bragging rights to Morata at the moment for me.

44 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

I can't be bothered to look at the stats, but strikers don't only score goals, the also cause havoc in the area and assist.

I'm not a stat chaser but for those that are, what's the reality of the picture?

Long balls flicked on

Lukaku 265

Morata 12

Lacazette 0

I dont think I liked Lacazette much so far and I hope he gets better and proves his worth and massive credits to wenger for spending 50million for france's third best when he already had france's second best in the squad already

Lukaku was overhyped only because of his gay ass video with pogba :ph34r:  ... so clearly Morata looks the better of the three to me. 

• Administrator
11 hours ago, SirBalon said:

I can't be bothered to look at the stats, but strikers don't only score goals, the also cause havoc in the area and assist.

I'm not a stat chaser but for those that are, what's the reality of the picture?

Mins played:
Morata - 902
Lukaku - 1170
Lacazette - 903

Assists:
Morata - 4
Lukaku - 3
Lacazette - 1

Shots Per Game:
Morata - 2.8
Lukaku - 3.6
Lacazette - 1.9

Aerial Duels Won (this correlates perfectly with what @Kitchen Sales said above xD )
Morata - 1.7
Lukaku - 3
Lacazette - 1

So Morata has more assists and same amount of goals in less shots in less minutes than Lukaku. Lacazette isn't worth talking about.

By comparison, the 3 other best strikers in the league (Kane, Aguero, Jesus)
Mins Played:
Kane - 1036
Aguero - 691
Jesus - 705

Goals
Kane - 9
Aguero - 9
Jesus - 8

Assists
Kane - 1
Aguero - 3
Jesus - 1

Shots Per Game
Kane - 6
Aguero - 3.7
Jesus - 2.1

Aerial Duels Won:
Kane - 1.5
Aguero - 0.3
Jesus - 0.7

Obviously it has to be taken in to account the different styles of play that Man City/Spurs have. Man City are more of a wholesome team whereas you could arguably say Tottenham's game revolves around using Kane as the main focal point. 

In other words we spent £50m on the black version of Giroud, Lukaku needs a lot of chances to score, but will score and Morata needs less chances to score and assists well.  The difference between Morata and Lukaku will be seen in the future but with Lacazette we know we've spunk es some more money once again. It's no wonder the board hasn't given mister "we showed spirit today" stupid amounts of money to spend. 

Said before the season that Lacazette was overrated and a downgrade on Giroud :coffee:

I think he'll kick on a bit towards the end of this season and into next as he gets used to the step up from the French league, but he'll never be the striker Arsenal thought they were getting.

• Subscriber

Yeah Lacazette looks a really decent finisher but he doesn't have either the aerial dominance, strength or outright pace that most strikers in the league need at least one of to be at the top.

Then again, you could argue that about Kane and he has no problem clearly.

23 hours ago, SirBalon said:

In other words we spent £50m on the black version of Giroud, Lukaku needs a lot of chances to score, but will score and Morata needs less chances to score and assists well.  The difference between Morata and Lukaku will be seen in the future but with Lacazette we know we've spunk es some more money once again. It's no wonder the board hasn't given mister "we showed spirit today" stupid amounts of money to spend. 

Racist :ph34r:

23 hours ago, SirBalon said:

Lacazette is like Wiltord, it shows why no other teams were really in for him If Arsenal playing in the Europa league was his best option after Atletico Madrid who didn't really seem that bothered missing out on him. 

18 hours ago, RandoEFC said:

Yeah Lacazette looks a really decent finisher but he doesn't have either the aerial dominance, strength or outright pace that most strikers in the league need at least one of to be at the top.

Then again, you could argue that about Kane and he has no problem clearly.

Kane's pretty good in the air and was outmuscling our defenders (granted, they may be soft as shite - so maybe not the best way to gauge it lol) - he doesn't have blinding pace, sure, but he's got great movement. He's (obviously) a great striker for this league, despite not having super obvious physical attributes like being made of pure muscle or being lightning quick.

• Subscriber
4 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Kane's pretty good in the air and was outmuscling our defenders (granted, they may be soft as shite - so maybe not the best way to gauge it lol) - he doesn't have blinding pace, sure, but he's got great movement. He's (obviously) a great striker for this league, despite not having super obvious physical attributes like being made of pure muscle or being lightning quick.

Yeah that's what I meant. 👌🏻

Lacazette hasn't really got going but he's only a goal behind Lukaku & Morata and I'm sure he's played less minutes than them as well. His general play has also actually been good, stretches the opposition defence by playing all along the line with the other attackers taking advantage of the space. He's done well without being outstanding but I expect him to only get better as time goes on. People writing him off are off their heads.

Archived