talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

La Liga 2022/23 - Matchday 20 - 3rd-6th February

football forum

What a wild weekend for La Liga with so many bottom teams snagging points off the top teams. 

The only two matches that didn't really surprise me were Girona's win over Valencia, and Barca taking care of Sevilla. 

Was highly disappointed that Valencia just never seem to really threaten, and Girona had chance after chance to score, yet VCF just sat back until Girona were finally able to score. Same can be said for Sevilla, but played some a dreadful form of football to the point where they didn't pretend to want to score. 

The league looks wrapped up with Barca on their way to being champions, but this relegation battle is going to be fantastic to watch. 

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
54 minutes ago, Eco said:

The only two matches that didn't really surprise me were Girona's win over Valencia

I don't know why I expected a turnaround in form, but I was hoping for one considering Gattuso was gone.  Too many loan players, management relationship with the fans is poisoned... this has all the makings of a relegated club and that's awful.  I could see them doing a Deportivo.

3 hours ago, Coma said:

I don't know why I expected a turnaround in form, but I was hoping for one considering Gattuso was gone.  Too many loan players, management relationship with the fans is poisoned... this has all the makings of a relegated club and that's awful.  I could see them doing a Deportivo.

Yeah, I certainly didn't as this is Voro's 8th time leading Valencia, and I can only remember it goin swell once. He's a door stop, that's all. 

I don't think Valencia will go down this year, and neither will Sevilla. 

I think the likes of Elche, Getafe, Almeria, and Cadiz are all worse teams than the two I mentioned. I also think Sevilla are worse off than Valencia. Plus, if you watch Girona this year, they are an exciting team that play some great football when given the space to do so, so this result this weekend didn't shock me one bit. Sure, I was hopeful, but in the end, it played out sadly as I imagined it would. 

Archived