17/04/2021 - Newcastle 3-2 West Ham

Recent Form
Newcastle - WWDWW
West Ham - WWLWD

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

No Bruno is a big blow but this gives a chance for Saint Maximin to come in. Big moment for him now with Gordon arriving. He's got to make a strong claim in this opportunity.

I still don't think Howe is sold on ASM, he also is a break in the chain as he doesn't press.   I think Gordon has a chance of starting this, he doesn't need grooming as he already knows the premier league, and evertons last game was west ham.

Lack of depth is going to pull the brakes on this season.  By 60 minutes Willock, Almiron are gassed out.    Matthew Targett is training again and he will be needed,  Burn has worked hard but he is a Center Back that lacks any ability going forward.   Our entire left side is rail roaded by ta limited full back. 

Had a feeling we would drop points last night without Bruno. As was said above, we just don’t have the depth at the moment but it’ll come in time. Bournemouth next week so a good chance to get back to winning ways.

Top 4 would be a huge achievement this season.

4 minutes ago, N U F C said:

Had a feeling we would drop points last night without Bruno. As was said above, we just don’t have the depth at the moment but it’ll come in time. Bournemouth next week so a good chance to get back to winning ways.

Top 4 would be a huge achievement this season.

teams are overloading the left side, Burn is unable to transition defence to attack and without willock and Joelinton doubling up with him it becomes hard to get out.   Targett coming back hopefully fresh helps balance the left side while letting us rotate centerbacks to keep players rested.

Gordon brought the energy Almiron was bringing.  hopefully it lifts the team

Still think Newcastle are gonna finish 4th at least. Good team work excellent work rate but as stated above depth could be an issue as it is "only" the 21 games of the season a lot more to go. Would you guys be happy with an Europa League spot?

3 hours ago, True Blue said:

Still think Newcastle are gonna finish 4th at least. Good team work excellent work rate but as stated above depth could be an issue as it is "only" the 21 games of the season a lot more to go. Would you guys be happy with an Europa League spot?

I would, I’d have taken top 8 at the start of the season. The only disappointment would be the position we are in now, to miss out from here would be a bit frustrating.

• The title was changed to Newcastle 1-1 West Ham - Saturday 4th February, 2023
20 hours ago, True Blue said:

I think Europa would be a big step forward.  in hindsight 5th would be a good season

• Subscriber

I just hope United under ETH does not do another Ole Gunnar and we finish 5th or 6th, I am not going to breathe easier until we are a good 9/12 points ahead in the top 4, I hope too that Newcastle finishes in the top 4 as Howe has worked wonders with them and I have a few Newcastle lads I know who are top drawer and with them and all the other Magpie fans are loyal as fuck.

15 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

I just hope United under ETH does not do another Ole Gunnar and we finish 5th or 6th, I am not going to breathe easier until we are a good 9/12 points ahead in the top 4, I hope too that Newcastle finishes in the top 4 as Howe has worked wonders with them and I have a few Newcastle lads I know who are top drawer and with them and all the other Magpie fans are loyal as fuck.

the good start will make falling out the top 4 feel like a kick in the crotch, but 5th in the bigger picture would still be a good season.   

the EFL cup is pretty big for us.  maybe a bit of a distraction also but if we are to lift that trophy then the season is automatically a success.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived