The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 22 Fixtures - Saturday 4th February, 2023

football forum

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Stan said:

Have you seen the sides at the bottom xD

As shit as you are, you're not even close. 

Ehhh… we made Forest look like a good side, at this point on form we’re probably one of the worst sides.

I thought “what the fuck I’m already awake” and put the match on and immediately Wolves scored xD - and that’s mental if you consider how bad Wolves are at scoring.

I’m beginning to think it might be time to get rid of Klopp. I’d still rather get rid of most of the players than him.

Billy Hogan deserves a sacking ASAP & thank fuck this Michael Edwards replacement we’ve brought in is off at the end of the season because he’s been a dismal failure in just one season.

Just now, Dr. Gonzo said:

Ehhh… we made Forest look like a good side, at this point on form we’re probably one of the worst sides.

I thought “what the fuck I’m already awake” and put the match on and immediately Wolves scored xD - and that’s mental if you consider how bad Wolves are at scoring.

I’m beginning to think it might be time to get rid of Klopp. I’d still rather get rid of most of the players than him.

Billy Hogan deserves a sacking ASAP & thank fuck this Michael Edwards replacement we’ve brought in is off at the end of the season because he’s been a dismal failure in just one season.

Liverpool doesn’t have a Klopp problem. The owners are wankers and have a lot of people fooled into thinking the club is skint despite the fact it is in the top ten wealthiest clubs worldwide. Why revamp the ageing team when Cromagnon Milner can play for another decade? It’s much cheaper and the Premier League TV money is the same at 1st and 17th.

I said it years ago, Liverpool were on the cusp on dominance, they just had to keep the squad fresh and they can roll into the next decade plus winning trophies every season. The model is there, Fergie did it and Klopp is every bit as talented to do the same, the ruthlessness of cutting players when they are spent is how United maintained dominance .

Just now, Spike said:

Liverpool doesn’t have a Klopp problem. The owners are wankers and have a lot of people fooled into thinking the club is skint despite the fact it is in the top ten wealthiest clubs worldwide. Why revamp the ageing team when Cromagnon Milner can play for another decade? It’s much cheaper and the Premier League TV money is the same at 1st and 17th.

I said it years ago, Liverpool were on the cusp on dominance, they just had to keep the squad fresh and they can roll into the next decade plus winning trophies every season. The model is there, Fergie did it and Klopp is every bit as talented to do the same, the ruthlessness of cutting players when they are spent is how United maintained dominance .

I agree with that, but I think Klopp’s part of the problem too. The tactics have been abysmal and he’s not adapted for even a second this season, he just has us set up like we’re not shit still despite all evidence being that we are a very bad side.

Basically the only good thing he’s done lately is not include Fabinho, who looks finished as a top player, in the squad today.

I’ve basically got nothing good to say about anyone this season other than Alisson and the 18 year old we started in midfield. The rest of them should be ashamed - the owners, the people who work above the manager, Klopp and the coaching staff, and the players.

1 minute ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I agree with that, but I think Klopp’s part of the problem too. The tactics have been abysmal and he’s not adapted for even a second this season, he just has us set up like we’re not shit still despite all evidence being that we are a very bad side.

Basically the only good thing he’s done lately is not include Fabinho, who looks finished as a top player, in the squad today.

I’ve basically got nothing good to say about anyone this season other than Alisson and the 18 year old we started in midfield. The rest of them should be ashamed - the owners, the people who work above the manager, Klopp and the coaching staff, and the players.

I can see where you are coming from but I’d also say that maybe the reason Klopp isn’t adapting is because the quality of the squad isn’t up to standard for his methods. I know a good coach would adapt to the standard of his team and adjust to maximise strengths and minimise weaknesses but maybe it is a statement towards the club runners that investment is needed to maintain the level of competitiveness that Liverpool was showing three years ago. It is obvious that winning is a secondary goal for the owners, they are transparent in the concept of a club sold a product to customers. That is just the American culture of sports, and it works in American sports because it has never been otherwise, it doesn’t feel underhanded because people treat it as entertainment in the USA, but it does feel very evil when applied to a team like Liverpool, sorry I digressed but it is disgusting what has happened to English football. 

Or Klopp has been figured out and his tactics have become dated, like Mourinho before him, and Wenger before him.

Although Klopp definitely has things to answer for, especially this season, I would gladly watch all of the squad leave Liverpool before him. The only doubt I have is whether he has the energy to build a new team. I know he only signed a new contract recently, but the man looks exhausted. I bet you he is begging for new ownership who are willing to help him in the market. 

His hands have been tied. We should have created a dynasty when we had our best side around the time of the premier league win, but since then we have watched the squad grow old and tired. I’m absolute fed up to the back teeth with these owners, and the army of numpties that think we don’t have money to spend. FSG get credit for saving the club, hiring Klopp & Michael Edwards. Everything else they have done is nothing different to any other cheap cunt money grabbing owner has done. Seriously fuck them and their families and their pets. 

• Administrator

Massive win. Absolutely massive. With the other results around us (Wolves & Everton wins) and our games coming up, today just had to be 3 points. I'd have even taken a point but for once we held on to a lead. 

Can't fault our attacking play - how can you when you score 4 anyway. But our defence were heavily exposed several times and against better sides we'll get slaughtered for it. Rodgers took a risk not playing a DM to cover the defence, but eventually it paid off.

Tete is different gravy. Love him already. Gave us another outlet for at attack and took the weight off the shoulders of Barnes. A very-well taken goal today and looked dangerous coming in off the right touchline. Reminded me of when Mahrez first joined. Good first touch, runs at defenders and forwards towards the box. 

He and Kristiansen were very good. 

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Behave. You're not getting in a relegation scrap.

7 minutes ago, Spike said:

I can see where you are coming from but I’d also say that maybe the reason Klopp isn’t adapting is because the quality of the squad isn’t up to standard for his methods. I know a good coach would adapt to the standard of his team and adjust to maximise strengths and minimise weaknesses but maybe it is a statement towards the club runners that investment is needed to maintain the level of competitiveness that Liverpool was showing three years ago. It is obvious that winning is a secondary goal for the owners, they are transparent in the concept of a club sold a product to customers. That is just the American culture of sports, and it works in American sports because it has never been otherwise, it doesn’t feel underhanded because people treat it as entertainment in the USA, but it does feel very evil when applied to a team like Liverpool, sorry I digressed but it is disgusting what has happened to English football. 

Or Klopp has been figured out and his tactics have become dated, like Mourinho before him, and Wenger before him.

Tbh I think he may have been found out. We weren’t great at the tail end of last season and Mane papered over the cracks. And Ancelotti said we were the easiest side to prepare for in the CL. And that’s not great for finalists xD

Now we make just about every opponent look world class except for what I assume are probably the shittiest squads in the UK.

12 minutes ago, Stan said:

Massive win. Absolutely massive. With the other results around us (Wolves & Everton wins) and our games coming up, today just had to be 3 points. I'd have even taken a point but for once we held on to a lead. 

Can't fault our attacking play - how can you when you score 4 anyway. But our defence were heavily exposed several times and against better sides we'll get slaughtered for it. Rodgers took a risk not playing a DM to cover the defence, but eventually it paid off.

Tete is different gravy. Love him already. Gave us another outlet for at attack and took the weight off the shoulders of Barnes. A very-well taken goal today and looked dangerous coming in off the right touchline. Reminded me of when Mahrez first joined. Good first touch, runs at defenders and forwards towards the box. 

He and Kristiansen were very good. 

if you can't defend them, score more

I thought we were going to get something in the last 15 minutes. We were a much better team once they went down to ten men.

Can't really dwell on that loss. It's a horrendous patch of fixtures and performances like that should maintain belief as opposed to destroy confidence.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived