• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 22 Fixtures - Saturday 4th February, 2023

football forum

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Tbh I think he may have been found out. We weren’t great at the tail end of last season and Mane papered over the cracks. And Ancelotti said we were the easiest side to prepare for in the CL. And that’s not great for finalists xD

Now we make just about every opponent look world class except for what I assume are probably the shittiest squads in the UK.

Ancelotti talks shit constantly. Don’t believe him.

2 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I’ve stopped watching us until next season tbh. Not worth ruining my weekends anymore.

It’d probably be different if it didn’t mean waking up at 4-7am to watch the worst Liverpool performances I’ve ever seen, but I’m not getting up early on a Saturday to watch these dickheads ruin my weekend every time

It's bad but let's not pretend we didn't have Roy Hodgson as manager

1 hour ago, Rick said:

Although Klopp definitely has things to answer for, especially this season, I would gladly watch all of the squad leave Liverpool before him. The only doubt I have is whether he has the energy to build a new team. I know he only signed a new contract recently, but the man looks exhausted. I bet you he is begging for new ownership who are willing to help him in the market. 

His hands have been tied. We should have created a dynasty when we had our best side around the time of the premier league win, but since then we have watched the squad grow old and tired. I’m absolute fed up to the back teeth with these owners, and the army of numpties that think we don’t have money to spend. FSG get credit for saving the club, hiring Klopp & Michael Edwards. Everything else they have done is nothing different to any other cheap cunt money grabbing owner has done. Seriously fuck them and their families and their pets. 

I keep seeing you and others say about 'creating a dynasty '. That was never happening with the team Liverpool were up against. They could have taken a few more risks in the transfer market but a dynasty is just ridiculous talk tbh. 

FSG didn't save the club either.

2 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

I keep seeing you and others say about 'creating a dynasty '. That was never happening with the team Liverpool were up against. They could have taken a few more risks in the transfer market but a dynasty is just ridiculous talk tbh. 

FSG didn't save the club either.

We have been in three champions league finals under Klopp. Our performance in the one last season against Madrid was humiliatingly shit. Constantly improving the squad when winning is key. We weren’t far behind City a couple of times, and we could have won those. We should have more than one league title and one champions league to show all this time. 

You know what I mean by “saved” we were close to administration after years of dogshit ownership under those two pricks. 

1 minute ago, Rick said:

We have been in three champions league finals under Klopp. Our performance in the one last season against Madrid was humiliatingly shit. Constantly improving the squad when winning is key. We weren’t far behind City a couple of times, and we could have won those. We should have more than one league title and one champions league to show all this time. 

You know what I mean by “saved” we were close to administration after years of dogshit ownership under those two pricks. 

But when you talk about creating a dynasty I'm thinking of Liverpool in the 70/80s and United in 90/00s. That was never happening given what Liverpool are up against.

11 minutes ago, Stan said:

Wolves xD

Klopp not counting goals anymore because of how the team played. Straight out of Pep's play book, that. 

Taken out of context I think. Is he not saying that the first two goals were terrible from a Liverpool point of view but the third was just a breakaway that he won't criticize the team for? 

• Administrator
Just now, LFCMike said:

Taken out of context I think. Is he not saying that the first two goals were terrible from a Liverpool point of view but the third was just a breakaway that he won't criticize the team for? 

Yeah I get the two goals are bad from Liverpool perspective. But can't just discount a 3rd goal that was scored just because it wasn't a pretty one. 

1 minute ago, Stan said:

Yeah I get the two goals are bad from Liverpool perspective. But can't just discount a 3rd goal that was scored just because it wasn't a pretty one. 

I just think it's a nothing comment but people will jump on it for banter

I nearly added Wolves to my accumulator this morning but seen it as too much of a risk. 

I'm absolutely astonished at the drop off at Liverpool this season and as an outsider looking in the team/squad isn't as bad as these results.

You've got to start questioning the tactics over the players now, Klopp needs to change something and fast otherwise its midtable.

I don't believe for a second Klopp will lose his job after this season but if it continued into September/October I do believe something would happen in terms of his job.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, LFCMike said:

I just think it's a nothing comment but people will jump on it for banter

Not banter xD 

Can't criticise anything that comes out of Klopp's mouth. Soz.

What's the lowest Man United finished under SAF? You really have to admire his consistency, though to be fair the league is more competitive than ever. You don't get away with being a bit shit anymore. There's class players everywhere.

• Subscriber

Saw our team and lashed money on us to win the game. He got it spot on for me - with a genuinely attacking lineup. There were lairy moments, and it was nowhere near the finished article, we were probably lucky to only let in 2, but we were substantially improved going forward. Best attacking display of the season. Tete was very good, Kristiansen as well arguably my MOTM. Iheanacho plays and gets a goal and two assists in the first half. He's our best striker now, there's no doubt about it.

Sort of game where you look and think for any flaws we're going to be fine because we've got enough quality in our side to do what we've done today.

Reviewed the carnage. Despite the good run Villa had been on, they've still been leaking chances. That Martinez-Kamara mix up was a repeat of the Olsen-Dendonker vs Stevenage debacle. I think Unai has been quoted now as saying they need to look at what's going on there. I'm all for possession based build up play, but if there's a man on, there's a man on. It shouldn't be difficult to get right. And there are problems when a striker gets a free onside header from open play.

A few teams Villa had beaten recently could have done what Leicester did, but just had no goal threat or bad finishing.

I'm not expecting big things from the City & Arsenal games. In fact it may be a while before the next win. Perhaps the next 3 points will be when enough have caught up to motivate them all again. The low key transfer window does rather send a message of looking to next season already. Which is still slightly dangerous. In terms attracting better players, not just is it 35? Higher or lower?

The only real positives to take is Watkins seemingly rising to being main striker. And Buendia starting to seem like a consistent attacking threat. I wonder if he just understands the teamtalks now? It probably is more the defence that is in most urgent need of upgrades.

If Liverpool were not being managed by the man who delivered their 1st Premier League era title he'd surely be out of a job by now? Ok, Mane left. A few players are all 1 year older. But it's equally in its own way as crazy as Leicester & West Ham going from being in & around the Euro spots to where they've spent most of the season.

The minimum expected top 4 already seems too much. If there's no turn around soon, the other Euro spots may be taken by others.

But still a good few years of increasingly even worse results before relegation talk though I think.

31 minutes ago, Reluctant Striker said:

If Liverpool were not being managed by the man who delivered their 1st Premier League era title he'd surely be out of a job by now? Ok, Mane left. A few players are all 1 year older. But it's equally in its own way as crazy as Leicester & West Ham going from being in & around the Euro spots to where they've spent most of the season.

The minimum expected top 4 already seems too much. If there's no turn around soon, the other Euro spots may be taken by others.

But still a good few years of increasingly even worse results before relegation talk though I think.

Well yeah but he quite rightly has loads of credit in the bank, not just for that but last season as well.

• Administrator
1 hour ago, Reluctant Striker said:

Reviewed the carnage. Despite the good run Villa had been on, they've still been leaking chances. That Martinez-Kamara mix up was a repeat of the Olsen-Dendonker vs Stevenage debacle.

I couldn't believe how lazy Martinez was. Weak pass to Kamara, and even when getting rounded by Tete and Praet for their goals, he wasn't even close. 

• The topic was unpinned
  • Subscriber

Martinez was terrible. Villa had quite a few chances to be honest, we were nowhere near the finished article and could've easily let in more than we did, but I do think what we demonstrated there was we do have the firepower and I think that will get us out of trouble. I think we could go to a say Palace, Brentford etc... and win by pure virtue of the quality of our attackers. I don't think the others down there can say that.

Iheanacho should've been starting a long time ago but it's better late than never, and we'd have lost him if we weren't careful.

Watching the highlights it feels like a point lost now. We had far more chances than I recognised.

Again the in game substitutes were poor. Taking off Schlupp for Mateta got the commentators excited but the reality was we lost our most direct ball carrier and replaced him with a 6ft3 striker who jumps 5ft3 and we lost momentum as a result.

Archived