talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Tottenham 1-0 Man City - Sunday 5th February, 2023

football forum

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Spurs played really well.   It is strange to see City almost quitting with just under half a season left.  This weekend presented a golden chance and it was squandered.   I can see a bit of a clear out in the off season,  some players don't fit the grade. 

• Subscriber

Get in thereee. Best performance in absolute ages. Absolute warriors today. We were up for it, Royal was superb, Dier and Romero pocketed Haaland. Lloris didn’t have a save to make. We looked really dangerous on the break and probably should have had a couple more. Just a very complete performance from us. 

Will post separately about Kane but what a player. A true legend of this football club. 

If I was a city fan i think I’d stop doing Tottenham away. 5 games, 5 defeats, 0 goals score at the new stadium. We absolutely have their and Peps number. Strange how football works 

4 hours ago, Devil said:

I've been out today so haven't watched any of the game but I'm actually astonished he's left out De Bruyne for a game against Spurs. It's borderline arrogance to think you can beat a side of the ability of Spurs without your best player on the field.

I thought selling Cancelo was a bad decision but he's handed Spurs a huge advantage.

And Haaland.

40 minutes ago, MUFC said:

What was the tactics today from City? Smash it a players arm point blank and claim a penalty.

To be honest they were shocking in the second half. I didn't see any attempt to change anything to be more of a threat.

City are still a great side but they've become too dependent on Haaland scoring. I love it to be fair, they've gone out and bought the best striker in the world and I actually don't see an improvement. 

Today was the first game I watched and realised without supply he's nothing, he looked lost. He needs supply, he needs De Bruyne every week, Pep needs to rotate wiser, you can't rest De Bruyne against Spurs.

Also what the hell is happening with Phil Foden?

He's totally bombed him out this season.

Pep is losing it.

29 minutes ago, Devil said:

City are still a great side but they've become too dependent on Haaland scoring. I love it to be fair, they've gone out and bought the best striker in the world and I actually don't see an improvement. 

Mbappe is a better player. He just needs to learn to stop being selfish and you could say move from the French league. It's not that it's too bad but you'd get more exposure in England or Spain and become a better player.

5 minutes ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Mbappe is a better player. He just needs to learn to stop being selfish and you could say move from the French league. It's not that it's too bad but you'd get more exposure in England or Spain and become a better player.

Mbappe is miles better but I don't consider him an out and out striker.

Of his kind Haaland is easily the best. Mbappe has so many more strings to his bow.

Amazing how a player can hit nearly 30 goals in half a season yet I'm seeing huge negatives in his game.

3 minutes ago, Devil said:

Mbappe is miles better but I don't consider him an out and out striker.

Of his kind Haaland is easily the best. Mbappe has so many more strings to his bow.

Amazing how a player can hit nearly 30 goals in half a season yet I'm seeing huge negatives in his game.

It's Pep's style mainly. Ibra didn't fully work under him(the only club in his career really) and he's similar in style to Haaland. City would have been better off with Mbappe and Haaland would maybe be better somewhere like Man United or Chelsea.

3 hours ago, Fusion said:

You need new manager, not new players. Get that bald fraud out of your team.

He always over thinks the must win games and changes formation and line ups thinking he's some kind of genius :4_joy: why not just play the formation and team that beat Spurs a few weeks ago instead of a youth fullback and strikers in midfield with a short tippy tappy passing game instead of trying to play the worlds best striker in, fucking madness! Haaland had zero service, he was making runs all game but with not playing De Bruyne, Foden or Gundogan in midfield who can play them long direct passes he needs to get in we had a right back, striker, winger and holding player in midfield with 2 slow wide players who was very narrow yesterday because the mids cant pass more than 5 yards lol  ...we going to spend huge this summer which will paper over Pep's short comings for another 3 years or so, this group of players don't want to play for him right now and there is major bust ups behind closed doors

• Subscriber

I said it a month or two ago but I think they've got a real conundrum with Haaland. I don't think it's as different to the Ronaldo situation last year as people think.

He's the best goalscorer in world football today, but they have so many games where they are just blunt going forward now. It's why I think Arsenal will do it.

2 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

He always over thinks the must win games and changes formation and line ups thinking he's some kind of genius :4_joy: why not just play the formation and team that beat Spurs a few weeks ago instead of a youth fullback and strikers in midfield with a short tippy tappy passing game instead of trying to play the worlds best striker in, fucking madness! Haaland had zero service, he was making runs all game but with not playing De Bruyne, Foden or Gundogan in midfield who can play them long direct passes he needs to get in we had a right back, striker, winger and holding player in midfield with 2 slow wide players who was very narrow yesterday because the mids cant pass more than 5 yards lol  ...we going to spend huge this summer which will paper over Pep's short comings for another 3 years or so, this group of players don't want to play for him right now and there is major bust ups behind closed doors

Looks like he is slowly losing the dressing room? Didn't Cancelo left because of that kind of reason? I think he should just give up the 'pretty football' in defense and instruct the whole team to start hoof-ing it to Haaland.👀

6 hours ago, Dan said:

I said it a month or two ago but I think they've got a real conundrum with Haaland. I don't think it's as different to the Ronaldo situation last year as people think.

He's the best goalscorer in world football today, but they have so many games where they are just blunt going forward now. It's why I think Arsenal will do it.

They didn't pass the ball to Haaland, that was the problem yesterday. Haaland should be the first name on the team sheet 

38 minutes ago, Storts said:

Can see why Pep was desperate for and adores Harry Kane. Would be such a better fit for him 

Yeah. Harry Kane's overall involvement with the team is sublime. Haaland may adapt more over time as Rooney and Kane did but at the minute his stationary approach may be great for FPL but it's affecting the overall team.

• The title was changed to Tottenham 1-0 Man City - Sunday 5th February, 2023
  • The topic was unpinned

Archived