talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Charged by Premier League For 100+ Financial Breaches

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been saying this is going on for years, City act like the Cali cartel counter suing and tying the PL & UEFA up to slow them, but the authorities will get there eventually. The problem is City by that point will have had a decade of success so will be a bigger club because of it. 

the reality is they’re a small club that’s financially doping to become a big club. Their fans will make light of it but the reality is they’re no different from the Russian Olympics team, just wholesale cheating. 

points deduction or transfer ban will be the punishment eventually and City will take it to minimise damage to them. 

that’s why we all dislike them, not jealous of success, just frustrated at playing in a rigged game. 

Still can't see anything happening. The Premier League rarely does anything. Serie A has crooked incidents crop up more often but they have a history of handing out big punishments. The Premier League doesn't and I can't see them starting.

13 minutes ago, 6666 said:

Still can't see anything happening. The Premier League rarely does anything. Serie A has crooked incidents crop up more often but they have a history of handing out big punishments. The Premier League doesn't and I can't see them starting.

Bigger game afoot here is the independent football regulator is coming from the government, the PL don’t want that so City have been thrown under the bus. 

we all know they’ve been cheating, both the PL and City are corrupt but one has knifed the other to save itself. City won’t get away without punishment now is my gut feeling, we are all like “city will pay to make this go away” not this time. 

Considering they're having a fairly poor season and don't look likely to win much this year anyway, I'd imagine they'd be delighted to be slapped with a token points deduction. It's a small price to pay for the mountain of domestic trophies they've won.

Take the titles away and give them to us…

In all seriousness, the punishment will be nothing in the grand scheme of things. Now if they PL relegated them to league League One, then that would be something but it’ll be 15 points deduction and a fine at the very very most. 

The moment the club start posting higher revenue than United, Real Madrid and Barcelona, then I'll be the first to call 🧢

Club was sanctioned less than a year ago with the government controlling and checking every penny as well as being involved in the final take over. Not once has the club overstated revenue or understated loses.

1 hour ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Chelsea better watch it as well to be honest.

Chelsea did a lot of their crazy spending pre-FFP if I remember correctly so I don't think they would've needed to lie about finances at the time. After FFP came in, their spending was what you'd expect from a normal top tier club. Only now has it gone crazy again but they're spreading their spending across a lot of seasons. Man City basically just ignored FFP and lied.

Load of bollocks. Chelsea took an interest free loan of £1.5 billion from that Russian cunt without any comeback. Now they are spending at will because they are giving out long contracts. 

Horrible cheating bastards.

And there's me thinking the Hundred was a cricket competition. :ph34r:

7 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

Load of bollocks. Chelsea took an interest free loan of £1.5 billion from that Russian cunt without any comeback. Now they are spending at will because they are giving out long contracts. 

Horrible cheating bastards.

Happy to read the pain is still with you mate... As you know, useful things C....!   😀

I have said before, but no Nation should be able to own a football club.  I would like to see them kicked out, they have been guilty of financial doping since the Arabs bought them. 

However, that won't happen, Newcastle are owned by Saudi Arabia and Liverpool and Man Utd could be bought by Arab countries and be able to commit the same violations if they wanted.

Probably a 5 or 6 point deduction and a one or two  transfer window ban at most.   

Archived