talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Charged by Premier League For 100+ Financial Breaches

2 minutes ago, The Liquidator said:

And there's me thinking the Hundred was a cricket competition. :ph34r:

Happy to read the pain is still with you mate... As you know, useful things C....!   😀

You have to admit the amount Chelsea is spending seems unusual and I expect it will be looked at by the powers that be. Could be that there not breaking any FFP rules or maybe Boehly doesn't care about the insignificant penalties clubs get for breaking financial rules. 

Why would he care about a tiny fine , a small point deduction, and a short transfer ban when they have already built a very good team.   I imagine City feel the same way.

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not sure what to make of the FFP things I hear of. I'm no expert, but it sounds like that in itself is intended to fence off who can & who can not spend money. For me, yes, I think the rules should prevent Man City, Chelsea or whoever, taking the piss. But also allow others the chance to spend, if they can. There would be few rulings about some business group speculating to accumulate with a new supermarket chain, or new car manufacturer, etc.  In football, yes, there are issues around it almost being an institution. And there will always be people pulling in different directions. Those who want the status quo maintained. Those who develop new name tags like Top 4 & Big 6 once undesirables have been seen off, financially.

If City get punished,  I would favour a ban on Man City being allowed to play in claret & blue. I found them slightly amusing when it was just beating up Man United. And before winning league titles was like FIFA on easy level. But trying to weirdly be Villa, for Grealish & any floating fan, should be stamped out.

3 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

You have to admit the amount Chelsea is spending seems unusual and I expect it will be looked at by the powers that be. Could be that there not breaking any FFP rules or maybe Boehly doesn't care about the insignificant penalties clubs get for breaking financial rules. 

Why would he care about a tiny fine , a small point deduction, and a short transfer ban when they have already built a very good team.   I imagine City feel the same way.

From the outside in it does look unusual and suspicious.

Some opposition fans were so desperate and giddy for Roman to be sanctioned and for the club to be left in the mud, they failed to acknowledge at any point a new owner coming in that had the same aspirations as Roman. They also failed to acknowledge at any point Roman writing of the debt the club owed him so that the club may prosper. 

What the club is spending, is an actual investment made by the new owners. This isn't a falsified revenue stream. The transfer fees are also spread out by duration of the long contracts to comply with FFP regulations and amortization. The project now that has been in development since Boehly's proposal to purchase the club is to increase sponsorships and revenue streams, enhance the Stadium and to keep the club competitive. We are undoubtedly under a microscope and as of now everything the club is doing isn't fraudulent despite what one deluded Liverpool fan wants you to believe. 

Been a long time coming this. Its going to be interesting to see how they manage to wriggle out of this situation but I suspect they will get out of it.

That said, why should they get away with blatant cheating. I hope they get the correct punishment because they've won countless trophies of the back of this financial doping.

Football is corrupt on almost every level, particularly up top and in every league everywhere. But this lot along with PSG have been manipulating the financial rules for years + some.  I'd be very surprised if the correct punishment is administered.  Juve just had a 15 point deduction and in the past they were relegated for other examples of corruption.

10 years of corruption is a hell of a long time.  So did it take the authorities 10 years to ascertain the proof?

Why weren't they caught red handed 9 years ago, instead of letting it roll on?

Why can't they have every honour won in that time of benefitting from illegal measures to compete, stripped?

Something has happened...  Someone (or a group) have obviously joined forces and scared them to tell all and we have now seen it all come to light.  It's been 10 years ffs!

5 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

the reality is they’re a small club that’s financially doping to become a big club

:4_joy: what you kids don't understand is we have always been one of the top 10 biggest clubs in England even before the money came, we still hold the attendance record outside of Wembley

The more I look into this the worse it's looking for Manchester City, this is a huge move by the Premier League. 100 charges, that's an incredible number.

They just wouldn't commit to that level of charges without sufficient evidence. 

All I'm hearing from City fans is Chelsea have spent 500 million in one window and we've spent a billion in ten years. That's the most stupid thing I've ever heard though, the 100 charges relate to illegal payments to players and managers. That billion could be double if not triple the figure.

Every man and his dog has known the fees and the wages have all been lies. 

It's time to face the music and if they don't get the correct punishment you may as well pack up shop because it will prove they are more powerful.

Perhaps Man City making tits out of UEFA with their stupendously expensive legal team and uber-aggressive litigation strategy has backfired, in the sense that the PL have watched, learned, and waited until they've got a mountain of charges before doing anything. 

21 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

:4_joy: what you kids don't understand is we have always been one of the top 10 biggest clubs in England even before the money came, we still hold the attendance record outside of Wembley

Well supported lower Div / upper Division 2 club you were, absolute gibberish to suggest otherwise on a par with Norwich historically and when this is over that’s where you’ll be again

25 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Like Mendy it's just more whores trying to get a payday, lets see what they can prove in court

Just as bad as Greenwood, proving it is difficult but trust me I know he’s a wrong’un. 

• Subscriber
8 minutes ago, Inverted said:

Perhaps Man City making tits out of UEFA with their stupendously expensive legal team and uber-aggressive litigation strategy has backfired, in the sense that the PL have watched, learned, and waited until they've got a mountain of charges before doing anything. 

And there is no time-limitation here so that one-trick pony isn't making a comeback. 

6 minutes ago, True Blue said:

We could be next after Boelhy's killing spree. However the lenghty contracts made us bend the rules etc.

We won't be next, we started with a clean slate after Abramovich moved on, If there had been something dodgy going on at the club it would have been an ideal time to slap us down even more.. The fact that Boehly & Co have found a way to get around the restrictions legally and still stay within the rules spending all that money is a feather in their cap really.. Annoying though it might be to everyone else there is nothing wrong with it and no doubt they will be scrambling to try and close that loophole as soon as possible.. 

• Subscriber

All of this is going to happen behind closed doors, so no one is really going to have an inkling of where its heading for at minimum a year or maybe more. They took all this time to gather the evidence and now they will spend more time hearing from City and of course presenting evidence. Nothing is going to change this season but maybe we'll start seeing some fallout of this in FFP rules administered across that time period which will let us know what the FA are actually thinking in terms of what has happened here. 

47 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

The only 6 clubs to never be relegated from the Premier League:

Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea & Everton

When there were 7 of them, 1 was Villa.

Leeds & Newcastle would be next 1's I'd think of to have Top 10 all era claims.

I am struggling to think who else could claim all time top 10.

Man City absolutely in top 10 all time now, but discounting the era in question, most would at least be equally thinking of Blackburn, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, West Ham, Forest, Sheffield Wednesday/United.

41 minutes ago, Bluewolf said:

We won't be next, we started with a clean slate after Abramovich moved on, If there had been something dodgy going on at the club it would have been an ideal time to slap us down even more.. The fact that Boehly & Co have found a way to get around the restrictions legally and still stay within the rules spending all that money is a feather in their cap really.. Annoying though it might be to everyone else there is nothing wrong with it and no doubt they will be scrambling to try and close that loophole as soon as possible.. 

I know Dad i am just playing

Seems in detail it is 6 seasons of not including full details of player remuneration in player contracts, 4 seasons of not including full details of manager remuneration, and 9 seasons of not providing accurate financial information.

And this is just until 2018. 2018 onwards, who fucking knows. 

Archived