talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Charged by Premier League For 100+ Financial Breaches

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Devil said:

So you're basically saying there is a chance you know you've broken the rules but it doesn't matter as your legal team will squash it and make it go away anyway. 

I'd imagine that would go down really well with the likes of Liverpool who've had a generationally good side for the last five years and only managed one league title for their troubles. 

If it's evident you've cheated and yet it's overturned again by your legal teams I think you might end up with other clubs pulling together against you. I really do think that could be the case. 

There are already strong rumours circulating Pep is going to walk away as he's had enough of having his named connected with it. 

I'm basically saying i believe what the club has stated about us having irreputable evidence that proves we haven't broken the rules  

2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I'm basically saying i believe what the club has stated about us having irreputable evidence that proves we haven't broken the rules  

Clearly not when the Premier League has voided any ability to appeal. 

16 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

What did you expect them to say?

They've obviously got to make a statement like that. 

7 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We will take them to a real court

Yeah, everyone knows you will no doubt fight it. May as well just wait and see rather than argue the same points round and round in this thread every day. You must be getting tired of it already.

1 minute ago, Devil said:

What did you expect them to say?

They've obviously got to make a statement like that. 

Yeah, everyone knows you will no doubt fight it. May as well just wait and see rather than argue the same points round and round in this thread every day. You must be getting tired of it already.

Why would we fight it if we knew we couldn't win? surly we would be looking to do some kind of deal and not ruffle there feathers knowing they could relegate us

• Administrator
6 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

surly we would be looking to do some kind of deal and not ruffle there feathers knowing they could relegate us

proper 'shut up and take my money' vibes

image.png

That's Man City's answer to everything then xD

3 minutes ago, Cicero said:

You mean the CAS? Yeah. Voided. 

We have 2 weeks to answer the alleged charges and it's just come out City have concreate evidence this was leaked to the press before even informing us. and no, not the CAS, we will sue them into oblivion

1 minute ago, Happy Blue said:

We have 2 weeks to answer the alleged charges and it's just come out City have concreate evidence this was leaked to the press before even informing us. and no, not the CAS, we will sue them into oblivion

Ah yes. Let’s appeal because of the whistleblower. That always works out and definitely proves innocence. Can’t weasel your way and pull out another statute of limitations card like last time. 

You also can’t sue the only court qualified to hear these sporting legal issues. 

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Ah yes. Let’s appeal because of the whistleblower. That always works out and definitely proves innocence. Can’t weasel your way and pull out another statute of limitations card like last time. 

You also can’t sue the only court qualified to hear these sporting legal issues. 

I wonder what we would find if your club got hacked? 9_9 maybe all the money clubs will get hacked soon 

9 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

I wonder what we would find if your club got hacked? 9_9 maybe all the money clubs will get hacked soon 

Yeah the government didn’t just sanction the club last spring and looked through every document and controlled every penny before it was put up for sale. 

City are on their own here mate. 

8 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Would probably take that. Anything that labels them cheats and taints what they've won even more so that it already is would do me.

Not the best season to implement that sadly since Arsenal has a really good chance of winning it and it's hard for Man City to catch them. Just send them all, including the players, to Gulag instead.

On 06/02/2023 at 16:32, Redcanuck said:

You have to admit the amount Chelsea is spending seems unusual and I expect it will be looked at by the powers that be. Could be that there not breaking any FFP rules or maybe Boehly doesn't care about the insignificant penalties clubs get for breaking financial rules. 

Why would he care about a tiny fine , a small point deduction, and a short transfer ban when they have already built a very good team.   I imagine City feel the same way.

Who knows? Looks as thou our new owners will not settle for 2nd best, pretty much as expected. I know long contracts are common place for star players with the Dodgers, so this should not be a surprise. By the sound of it, its clever, as long as those players keep their standard the same or better.

I feel for all you haters of Roman... Just when you thought it was all over.... It's all happening again 😂

1 minute ago, Fusion said:

Not the best season to implement that sadly since Arsenal has a really good chance of winning it and it's hard for Man City to catch them. Just send them all, including the players, to Gulag instead.

Don’t think it will be solved this season, this will go long into the future, punishment will be in seasons to come. 

Just now, The Liquidator said:

Who knows? Looks as thou our new owners will not settle for 2nd best, pretty much as expected. I know long contracts are common place for star players with the Dodgers, so this should not be a surprise. By the sound of it, its clever, as long as those players keep their standard the same or better.

I feel for all you haters of Roman... Just when you thought it was all over.... It's all happening again 😂

Please he’s a Yank all the gear no idea, you’ve overspent and fucked yourselves with depreciating assets it’s a gamble I don’t think will come off as you have to reinvest and be flexible in football. It could come off but I don’t think it will, too much too soon and you’re still light. Although on the plus side bargains in the summer for the rest of us

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Every team associated with the Super League and formation of the Premier League should be relegated.

Are you suggesting your own club should be relegated?

Arsenal were one of the driving forces. Arsenal's David Dein met with the FA to get their approval.

Archived