talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Charged by Premier League For 100+ Financial Breaches

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Are you suggesting your own club should be relegated?

Arsenal were one of the driving forces. Arsenal's David Dein met with the FA to get their approval.

I don't think he's actually an Arsenal fan... also David Dein's not been with Arsenal since 2007 xD

5 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Wonder how this affects City moving forward on potential transfer targets. 

Surely Bellingham doesn't join now knowing there is a day of judgement awaiting City. 

That's a massively overlooked point mate, if your Bellingham or any other target currently you're no doubt going to have second thoughts about signing for them.

But then again if your gonna get a massive secret payment from Abu Dhabi maybe you'd take the risk 🤣

Maybe you will get 10 properties over there or something mental.

27 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Are you suggesting your own club should be relegated?

Arsenal were one of the driving forces. Arsenal's David Dein met with the FA to get their approval.

11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I don't think he's actually an Arsenal fan... also David Dein's not been with Arsenal since 2007 xD

I’m not a fan of any team, but @Cicerois right I was a fan of Chelsea once upon a time but nowadays I just watch whatever match I fancy the most, and not as often as I used to. I kinda got fed up with the state of English and European football in general. I’m very critical of how English football is run, and I feel like I have to be extra emotional about it because the English have a bit of Stockholm Syndrome with the Premier League. Mainly I have empathy for the clubs and fans that are derided as ‘small’ as through no fault of their own, exist within a system that rewards those that are already successful while punishing those that struggle. It is a system design for the ‘old boys club’ and I find it quite upsetting and hypocritical when football fans get upset by clubs that challenge  the ‘status quo’. I don’t like financial doping in this sport but the clubs that formed the Premier League created an ecosystem where that is the only way to break the hegemony. So it bothers me when fans of the ‘nobility’ clubs get offended by the nouveau rich as if their own clubs aren’t directly responsible for the environment that creates the sugar daddy clubs. Maybe as an outsider looking in it seems like the ‘old club’ working class fans  are acting like the very same  Tories that deride them as hooligans, in how they treat ‘small club’ fans.

The only constant feeling of excitement I have for football is waiting for the yearly ‘lads, it’s Tottenham’ moment xD

1 hour ago, Spike said:

I’m not a fan of any team, but @Cicerois right I was a fan of Chelsea once upon a time but nowadays I just watch whatever match I fancy the most, and not as often as I used to. I kinda got fed up with the state of English and European football in general. I’m very critical of how English football is run, and I feel like I have to be extra emotional about it because the English have a bit of Stockholm Syndrome with the Premier League. Mainly I have empathy for the clubs and fans that are derided as ‘small’ as through no fault of their own, exist within a system that rewards those that are already successful while punishing those that struggle. It is a system design for the ‘old boys club’ and I find it quite upsetting and hypocritical when football fans get upset by clubs that challenge  the ‘status quo’. I don’t like financial doping in this sport but the clubs that formed the Premier League created an ecosystem where that is the only way to break the hegemony. So it bothers me when fans of the ‘nobility’ clubs get offended by the nouveau rich as if their own clubs aren’t directly responsible for the environment that creates the sugar daddy clubs. Maybe as an outsider looking in it seems like the ‘old club’ working class fans  are acting like the very same  Tories that deride them as hooligans, in how they treat ‘small club’ fans.

The only constant feeling of excitement I have for football is waiting for the yearly ‘lads, it’s Tottenham’ moment xD

"Purgatory is kinda like the inbetweeny one. You weren't reaaaaally shit, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham."

1 hour ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

No but he was there when they formed the Premier League and it was the formation of the Premier as well as the Super League that he objected to.

6 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

No but he was there when they formed the Premier League and it was the formation of the Premier as well as the Super League that he objected to.

I think every Premier League club that was there at the founding of the PL is guilty of their part in making English football the swamp that it is today tbh

41 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

"Purgatory is kinda like the inbetweeny one. You weren't reaaaaally shit, but you weren't all that great either. Like Tottenham."

This film keeps coming up lately, I need a rewatch.

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Wonder how this affects City moving forward on potential transfer targets. 

Surely Bellingham doesn't join now knowing there is a day of judgement awaiting City. 

Funny you should say that because this dropped the day after we had contract talks with Bellingham  ..very fishy. We could always add something in the contract where players can leave etc, not that we hold players hostage anyway, they can go when they want

Rival fans are DESPRATE for us to be guilty, it's sad and hilarious at the same time :4_joy:  ..if we don't like the out come this is what will happen ..it's been confirmed that they cant strip our titles too 

SUPER LEAGUE

Man City

Arsenal

Liverpool

Chelsea

Spurs

Man utd

Barcalona

Real Madrid

Ath Madrid

Juventus

AC Milan

Int Milan

"We saw what happened 18 months ago when clubs tried to break away, including six Premier League clubs. What is significant is that, out of the 12 clubs that tried to break away, three of them - Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus - haven't given up. They still cling to this dream."

6 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

Rival fans are DESPRATE for us to be guilty, it's sad and hilarious at the same time :4_joy:  ..if we don't like the out come this is what will happen ..it's been confirmed that they cant strip our titles too 

SUPER LEAGUE

Man City

Arsenal

Liverpool

Chelsea

Spurs

Man utd

Barcalona

Real Madrid

Ath Madrid

Juventus

AC Milan

Int Milan

"We saw what happened 18 months ago when clubs tried to break away, including six Premier League clubs. What is significant is that, out of the 12 clubs that tried to break away, three of them - Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus - haven't given up. They still cling to this dream."

And yet Napoli lead Serie A & Newcastle are seriously challenging Top 4.

If some genuinely relish the idea of a Euro-Soccer-NFL format, perhaps to sell to Americans, who largely consider it a girl's sport, they can not be more American themselves & can not be less appreciative of football's historic, communal, institutional, promotion & relegation culture.

There is an argument money people will try to resurface a less closed shop idea of replacing UEFA club competitions. While still pouring ever more money to the pockets of the Sheriffs of football.

But I don't especially see any particular connection of if Man City don't like the outcome of this. It just oozes the very worst personality traits of the player or manager who has decided they can only consider 3 or 4 clubs, due to their immense skill & talent. And the utter loss of perception that they made it to the top & just want the door closed for anyone to do similar & overtake them.

Aston Villa vs Crystal Palace on BBC 1 on a Covid Boxing Day was the highest viewed Premier League match of all time. Any Super League would not be viewed, live at least, by anywhere near as many people in England, Britain, that would supply half the clubs. Anyone in favour of it really has no concern at all for having the sport increasingly priced out of normal people's lives, to satisfy ultra conservative money men.

If you actually believe in what you've just typed in here.. it really is just sad to me that you would so eagerly close the door. I vote keeping the door open for Sunderland, Middlesbrough, QPR & even Watford.

58 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Sad really isn't it, especially because we are innocent and apparently can prove it without doubt, sick of the club being slandered tbh trying to tarnish our achievements 

While there might be some charges that don't stick, you weren't innocent in your uefa charges and you aren't innocent of all charges here, and repeating it on the internet constantly won't change a thing.

47 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

While there might be some charges that don't stick, you weren't innocent in your uefa charges and you aren't innocent of all charges here, and repeating it on the internet constantly won't change a thing.

We was innocent in them charges too and the clubs going to put that time delay crap to bed as well.

9 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

SUPER LEAGUE

Man City

Arsenal

Liverpool

Chelsea

Spurs

Man utd

Barcalona

Real Madrid

Ath Madrid

Juventus

AC Milan

Int Milan

It's hardly a super league if it is full of mid table English clubs :ph34r:

16 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

look it doesn't really look that good for city right now.   this is probably going to be the highest profile case in premiership history

The timing of this is very fishy, they know this is the summer we have to spend huge and have started contract negotiations with clubs & players this week. personally i think we will get cleared of the chargers but fined for some bullshit reason

• Subscriber
58 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

The timing of this is very fishy, they know this is the summer we have to spend huge and have started contract negotiations with clubs & players this week. personally i think we will get cleared of the chargers but fined for some bullshit reason

Imagine Blue Boy if you lot got stripped of your Leauge Titles from 2013/14 onwards and the runners-up would be classed as winners,  the Liverpool lads would be happy gaining 3 more titles, and even United gaining 2 more xD

edit; got the Spurs one wrong in the spoiler.

download.png

2 minutes ago, CaaC (John) said:

Imagine Blue Boy if you lot got stripped of your Leauge Titles from 2013/14 onwards and the runners-up would be classed as winners, Spurs fans would be happy as they would have a league crown which they crave for since 1960/61 and the Liverpool lads would be happy gaining 3 more titles and even United gaining 2 more xD

Reveal hidden contents

We cant get stripped of our titles, thats been confirmed ..unlucky :4_joy:  

• Subscriber
12 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We cant get stripped of our titles, thats been confirmed ..unlucky :4_joy:  

Never mind, you might end up being relegated to the lower leagues and would have to fight your way back up just like Glasgow Rengers who suffered the latter and fought their way back up. xD

Archived