talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Charged by Premier League For 100+ Financial Breaches

1 minute ago, CaaC (John) said:

Never mind, you might end up being relegated to the lower leagues and would have to fight your way back up just like Glasgow Rengers who suffered the latter and fought their way back up. xD

That would be great tbh, shame it wont happen

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Man City fans seen to like to tell themselves people don't like them because they are jealous of their success.  In reality people don't like them because they were a mid table club that might well of been relegated by now that got very lucky. They hadn't won the league since the 60s.  They can't feel their stadium despite being league champions. As much as I hate man utd they built the club up. They didn't just have some rich owners decide to make them into a big club. 

2 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

as before the worst I see happening is a 20-25 point deduction and a notice that they are being watch, if it happens again it's sayonara

Worst i see is a small fine, most these charges we have already been cleared of in court last time so should get thrown out

1 hour ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Man City fans seen to like to tell themselves people don't like them because they are jealous of their success.  In reality people don't like them because they were a mid table club that might well of been relegated by now that got very lucky. They hadn't won the league since the 60s.  They can't feel their stadium despite being league champions. As much as I hate man utd they built the club up. They didn't just have some rich owners decide to make them into a big club. 

:4_joy: United are a product of this guy, they was a midtable team before his money 

Rupert Murdoch’s Manchester United? How BSkyB nearly bought the Red Devils

published 

Twenty years ago, on a wave of TV money and digital fear, Sky tried to buy Manchester United

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, OrangeKhrush said:

look it doesn't really look that good for city right now.   this is probably going to be the highest profile case in premiership history

What’s the premiership? 

11 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

:4_joy: United are a product of this guy, they was a midtable team before his money 

Rupert Murdoch’s Manchester United? How BSkyB nearly bought the Red Devils

published September 09, 2018

Twenty years ago, on a wave of TV money and digital fear, Sky tried to buy Manchester United

There's a difference between peaking at the right time and being a mid table club that got lucky. And sky didn't buy Manchester utd in the end. Also man utd finished second the year before the premier league started. Alex fergusson  made man utd the dominant force they were. You've proven that you can perform mental gymnastic in your head to convince yourself of anything you want so just carry on doing that.

@Stortsfacepalm all you like but it’s not my fault Spurs are hilarious. Only Spurs would have ‘Lasagnegate’ xD. Only Spurs would have a phenomenal season, finish fourth and then be denied Champions League football because a mediocre English team won it that season, and had priority as the winner.

I’m truly thankful Spurs exist 

53 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

There's a difference between peaking at the right time and being a mid table club that got lucky. And sky didn't buy Manchester utd in the end. Also man utd finished second the year before the premier league started. Alex fergusson  made man utd the dominant force they were. You've proven that you can perform mental gymnastic in your head to convince yourself of anything you want so just carry on doing that.

And the lion’s share of the TV money and sponsorships so they could easily outspend every club before Chelsea. 

• Subscriber
5 minutes ago, Spike said:

@Stortsfacepalm all you like but it’s not my fault Spurs are hilarious. Only Spurs would have ‘Lasagnegate’ xD. Only Spurs would have a phenomenal season, finish fourth and then be denied Champions League football because a mediocre English team won it that season, and had priority as the winner.

Wasn’t even facepalming that part of your post, it was the rest of the shite beforehand. 

5 minutes ago, Spike said:

And the lion’s share of the TV money and sponsorships so they could easily outspend every club before Chelsea. 

Well Leeds were the champions at the time. And Liverpool and arsenal had more titles. Why didn't they take an advantage of the new league format? I've said man utd peaked at the right time. But being good at marketing and having one of the best coaches ever isn't the same as being a mid table club and someone super rich deciding to invest billions into you. There is luck in football, of course they're is. But man City got very lucky. They're owners could of turned any club into champions 

3 hours ago, Spike said:

is that what they call "the spursy"

1 hour ago, Spike said:

Didn't united get in trouble for sports washing? i know they got fined for inflating kit prices but recall some cheating going on too. 

43 minutes ago, Storts said:

Wasn’t even facepalming that part of your post, it was the rest of the shite beforehand. 

Good talk, brother. You’ve convinced me that hard work and merit is the key to winning in England.

50 minutes ago, Gunnersaurus said:

Well Leeds were the champions at the time. And Liverpool and arsenal had more titles. Why didn't they take an advantage of the new league format? I've said man utd peaked at the right time. But being good at marketing and having one of the best coaches ever isn't the same as being a mid table club and someone super rich deciding to invest billions into you. There is luck in football, of course they're is. But man City got very lucky. They're owners could of turned any club into champions 

I’m not disagreeing with that mate, I’m just saying they benefited from preferential treatment in the Sky era

Always felt to me it was the Champions League revamp that had the biggest effect. Which I think started at a similar time to the Premier League. Expanding in the early years of it. More guaranteed matches. Not just the Champions. And all clubs suddenly started taking league positions lots more seriously. Clubs throwing wealth & players exerting great effort at getting European or Champions League qualification, as much as any prospect of winning league titles. Take a look at early 90's onwards league tables & within a decade of the Premier League it increasingly became the 'big' clubs that were finishing in most of the high spots.

Man United did just happen to have the Alex Ferguson era. Signings like Cantona, Ince & Keane were not signing up for the same beast that future generations wanted to be part of. And it's not especially their fault Wenger didn't quite over take them. Or that Leeds & Newcastle imploded. Or Liverpool became a 'cup' team. Or Everton forgot how to be Chelsea. And Chelsea became serious.

They've surely got to put some sort of sanctions in place by the end of this season thinking about it. They already have the issue of potentially stripping City of multiple titles so they can't really afford to be having to strip them of anything further than this season surely.

Even if they were to do a points deduction it would surely be put in place for the start of next season.

I don't get why people think the Premier league will take ages to hand out their punishment. 

28 minutes ago, Devil said:

They've surely got to put some sort of sanctions in place by the end of this season thinking about it. They already have the issue of potentially stripping City of multiple titles so they can't really afford to be having to strip them of anything further than this season surely.

Even if they were to do a points deduction it would surely be put in place for the start of next season.

I don't get why people think the Premier league will take ages to hand out their punishment. 

Because it was a four year investigation. So it will take a long time to sort out. They said on sky it will take a long time. Man City won't just except the punishment 

Just now, Gunnersaurus said:

Because it was a four year investigation. So it will take a long time to sort out. They said on sky it will take a long time. Man City won't just except the punishment 

Yeah it's taken four years gather the evidence, that doesn't mean it will take that length of time to sort out.

Fully expect this to be sorted before the end of the season. They can't have this shit hanging over multiple seasons, they already got enough mess to clear up if the charges are proven.

2 minutes ago, Devil said:

Yeah it's taken four years gather the evidence, that doesn't mean it will take that length of time to sort out.

Fully expect this to be sorted before the end of the season. They can't have this shit hanging over multiple seasons, they already got enough mess to clear up if the charges are proven.

It won't be. They've said on sky it will take a long time. Not 4 years but it won't be done by the end of the season. Especially if City appeal or go to the court of arbitration for sport 

5 hours ago, Devil said:

Sooner the better for me

Archived