talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Manchester City Charged by Premier League For 100+ Financial Breaches

1 hour ago, Happy Blue said:

Another thing, BDO audit our accounts regularly, they are a HUGE company, they are basically accusing them of fraud  ..this is going to end very badly for the Premier League  

Accountants commit fraud all the time. They also bend and twist the rules as best they can and often overstep. 

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

Accountants commit fraud all the time. They also bend and twist the rules as best they can and often overstep. 

I cant disagree, fraud is everywhere. BDO is a huge company though, think they are top 5 in that sector if i'm not mistaken so their word will carry weight

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Premier League and CAS are huge companies though, think they are top 5 in that sector if i'm not mistaken so their word will carry weight.

Works both ways.

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

Well they have already proved to be incompetent with the charge sheet that they have had to change already with the amount of errors on it, it's like they rushed it for some reason 

That won't negate any actual provable charges though, will it?

Do you think the whole case gets thrown out based on some charges that had errors on it? More naive than I thought if you do think that...

1 minute ago, Stan said:

That won't negate any actual provable charges though, will it?

Do you think the whole case gets thrown out based on some charges that had errors on it? More naive than I thought if you do think that...

Nope, it just proves incompetence and i don't want anything thrown out, i want it clearing once and for all so we can put this whole "cheating" thing to bed. i firmly believe we have done nothing wrong but if we have so be it, we go to division 2 or what ever, some of my best memory's as a City fan have been from the lower league days

You don't have a four year investigation without there being something to it. City probably won't get found guilty on all charges. But they might on some.  Being found innocent doesn't mean you are innocent. It has to be proven. If it is likely City are guilty but can't be proven they will get away with it. Everyone knows that. 

1 hour ago, Gunnersaurus said:

You don't have a four year investigation without there being something to it. City probably won't get found guilty on all charges. But they might on some.  Being found innocent doesn't mean you are innocent. It has to be proven. If it is likely City are guilty but can't be proven they will get away with it. Everyone knows that. 

We will get fined like last time for not fully complying BEFORE the hearing. why would you give someone time to find a way to fuck you, we will present all our evidence when we need too 

4 minutes ago, Happy Blue said:

We will get fined like last time for not fully complying BEFORE the hearing. why would you give someone time to find a way to fuck you, we will present all our evidence when we need too 

Because it took 4 years to complete the investigation. Criminal cases take a long time. 

21 hours ago, Fairy In Boots said:

Mate he knows it’s bs, he’s just fishing at this point. That or he’s missing a chromosome I’m 50/50 on which it is 

It's you that swallows BS mate 

CAS issued City with a £9 million fine for failing to cooperate with UEFA’s investigation. But the fact that some of the evidence was time-barred has been used as a stick to beat City with. The club insisted at the time that they had material to answer all of UEFA’s claims but was prevented from doing so because it was irrelevant because of the time bar.

The Premier League investigation can include evidence that was ruled to be time-barred by CAS in July 2020 - and City feel is a chance to prove they have done things by the book.

City believe the Premier League rushed out their announcement to go after the champions to avoid criticism following the government’s decision to postpone the publication of a white paper on football governance.

No prior warning about the charges was given to the club - and City claim they have proof that some media outlets were briefed before they had even been made aware of the announcement. The Premier League deny that any media were made aware of the charges before they were published online.

City also say they were being informed of the situation by telephone when the Premier League released a statement on their website.The club’s legal team also noticed that a significant number of the charges and the regulations they breached were incorrectly notified on the original announcement and were later altered by the Premier League.

On 13/02/2023 at 19:30, Cicero said:

Hacked documents are fully admissible and the evidence isn't time barred (no statute of limitations bollocks). 

Good luck @Happy Blue

Manchester City charged by the Premier League

The thing with the hacked emails is proving they came from City and then they need to prove without doubt that they are not edited, then you need the full conversation, some idiot might of suggested we do something but the reply from the top might of been you better not do anything dodgy. they are flaky at best and City welcome the chance to fully prove our innocence, we was totally innocent in the UEFA case apart from not complying like this time before the court case and evidence that would of cleared us with the time baring stuff which the court stopped us presenting because it was irrelevant with it being time barred 

Lets be honest, this whole thing is to deflect the yet again delayed white paper of football governance, out the top 6 clubs only City are for it, the other 5 clubs against, the cartel know we are going to win in court again but mud sticks doesn't it  even when proven innocent

FFP doesn't work and serves to suit the status quo, to grow commercially you need success, to be successful you need money, better players that bring success cost a lot and therefore if you can't spend even if you have the means due to a pre determined commercial cap will prohibit growth and benefit the status quo.   

I prefer hard capping 100m max expenditure therefore normalizing the field and removing money as an advantage as most premier league teams can spend up to 100m.   it will also drive down market prices and stop some owners using football clubs as stepping stones selling players for profits rather than growing it, or treating it like a business instead of a sports team

• 3 months later...

Playing devils advocate for a minute, "IF" we are found innocent of any wrong doing, what's going to happen to the Premier League? these charges have tainted our achievements? if we get found guilty fair enough i will accept any punishment they put on us, i was one of the 30,000+ who went to games in division 2 we will bounce back but some people even if proven innocent will use this to slander us now, how much trouble will the Premier League be in for bringing false charges?  ..i would prefer this to be sorted out before the next season starts but little chance of that, it needs sorting one way or another asap 

1 hour ago, Cicero said:

Think there's enough evidence already to suggest City aren't innocent. If the 2019 charges didn't prove enough, the Premier League certainly has the confidence to prove it this time. 

If the Prem have it wrong though what's going to happen to them? the damages will be astronomical  ..some of the charges are silly like using the wrong grass xD just added to make the charge sheet look worse which i believe well over half have already been dismissed by the clubs legal team 

2 hours ago, Cicero said:

Think there's enough evidence already to suggest City aren't innocent. If the 2019 charges didn't prove enough, the Premier League certainly has the confidence to prove it this time. 

Don't you mean Guilty rather than innocent.

6 hours ago, Happy Blue said:

He’s going to say that, City their PR and their idiots fans will keep saying “sort it there’s nothing wrong” so it appears like theirs no case to answer, then you’re legal team will delay and rack up the cost so that any organisation pursuing you has a. Cost benefit analysis and walks away, HMRC probably already has despite you paying employees in the U.K. via foreign companies and avoiding tax no doubt. 

it’s like Lance Armstrong’s “live strong” it looks great doing charity work, on the face of it he looked lovely, really though we all know now he wasn’t. You will be the same in ten years when the premier league winners list looks like a declassified document with your years all redacted 

Archived