talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Jesse Marsch Sacked By Leeds; Javi Gracia to Take Over

• Administrator

I thought he might have had a bit more time having just been backed heavily in the transfer window. But as @Lucas has alluded to for several weeks, it just doesn't seem to be working out for him, so perhaps it is the right decision. 

The relegation battle just took another twist! Perhaps another new manager bounce... 

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was about time he was given the sack. No win in the Premier League in their last 7 matches and losing to Notts Forest in their last match. Leeds United should be doing much better than this. Hopefully they will bring someone else in who can bring more success to this club.

14 hours ago, Lucas said:

We are fucked. Absolutely, well and truly fucked. Can't be losing to Forest. They are such a limited team. Lost or drawn so many winnable games now I just want to hammer 6 inch nails into my ears everytime I hear results haven't reflected performances.

We have been unlucky for sure but we are where we are because we have a coach whose extremely limited in what he does. We have great widemen and yet we play so narrow is just one classic example.

I'm disillusioned with it all. There is no connect there. It's got nasty amongst the fans and the club's shat on all the progress they made the last 4 years.

A reminder that the board sacked Bielsa around this time last year because they were shit scared of relegation. Bielsa had 3 years credit in the bank, built everything for them and carried on with an injury ravaged squad regardless, using kids as we ignored to back him. When he went, we were 2pts ahead of 18th.

Marsch has nothing in the bank, a far stronger squad with few injuries and one year on having spent significantly, we are in a worse position with absolutely no identity.

I will absolutely die on the hill that Bielsa would have found a way to keep us up and I can guarantee with the investment in the team we've had since, he'd have got far more out these players than Marsch.

Anyway, that's the past now. This is the present. The aptly named 'Yank Lampard' with 2 wins in our last 17, is taking us to the Championship unless we pull the plug on this joker and roll the dice.

@Lucas has clearly been mentioning this to Leeds board in the past couple of hours.

Nice guy, but nice guys finish last.

He's not cut out for it here. The moment the fans started calling him 'Yank Lampard', you knew he was done.

I've got to be totally honest, the club have shocked me. I really didn't think they would have the minerals to act this quickly, I thought they'd draw it out.

Whether that's because the 49ers have got involved due to their impending takeover and the threat of relegation looming large, I don't know, but decisive action was needed.

You cannot get away with 2 wins in 17, 11pts from a possible 51, especially with the players we have. He should have got more out of them. Done far worse with more resources than Bielsa ever had.

We need to be realistic. We would love the Messiah to return, it would excite me what he could do with these calibre of players, but it won't happen.

We've always secretly hoped after Bielsa, Poch may become the natural successor but that also won't happen.

I think it's going to be Carlos Corberan. He's been at the club under Bielsa, he'll know a lot of the players already and after doing a good job at Huddersfield and Weat Brom in the short time he's been there, I think the club will look at him long term. I also think they will think if we go down, he'll be the man to get us back up.

It is a huge risk if we take him. Unproven at this level. Still not sure if it's the right call but it's one I'd be prepared to get behind.

26 minutes ago, Stan said:

@Lucas were the signings in this latest window Marsch ones, or DoF? Or mixture of both? 

The signings will have been identified from above Marsch. He'll have had an input for sure, but they will have been brought here regardless of whether he is in charge or not.

Victor Orta is our Sporting Director. He does all the transfer business, he usually identifies targets for certain positions and presents them to the manager to give feedback.

He will now be the one to put the work in securing the new manager, as he did with Bielsa.

On a side note, I can't help but feel, as an American, that there was some play behind the scenes to make this "America's Team" by recruiting so many American players to pair up with Marsch and Armas and the soon to be American owners.  Alexi Lalas got torched on Twitter for implying it but I think he's right.

Most people seem to like him but I always found him quite irritating 😂

Clearly he was out of his depth although he talked quite a good game. I think they've got some decent players now but they had to make a change to give themselves even a fighting chance of staying up.

35 minutes ago, Devil said:

This.

Strange appointment to start with. Gerrard and Lampard will be licking their lips.

the team america fuck yeah thing didn't work out.   Leeds can't defend.   I go back to the robbery at St James where they have up 7 big chances and the keeper and the crossbar were man of the match.  they look like a team that will concede 3-4 goals and I fully expect man United will pump them

Leeds could easily have been higher up the table. But the table is filled with clubs thinking they should be better off than they are. Given where Leeds find themselves, however much is on bad luck, players not delivering, or bad coaching, it seems justifiable to decide to try someone new. His rants about never having lost so often & complaining to the FA about Villa not serving up enough entertainment at Elland Road were weird.

• Subscriber

I can't believe this, the bloke managing them on Wednesday night used to be a PE teacher at my school xD how on earth has he gone from that to managing a PL game at Old Trafford. Incredible.

1 hour ago, RandoEFC said:

Lampard would be a great appointment :ph34r:.

In all seriousness Leeds fans wouldn't stand for this.  After the Derby promotion battle a few seasons back he's public enemy #1 in Leeds.

2 hours ago, Coma said:

In all seriousness Leeds fans wouldn't stand for this.  After the Derby promotion battle a few seasons back he's public enemy #1 in Leeds.

And the fact he’s fucking useless. 

21 hours ago, Dan said:

I can't believe this, the bloke managing them on Wednesday night used to be a PE teacher at my school xD how on earth has he gone from that to managing a PL game at Old Trafford. Incredible.

A lad I went to school with writes Benidorm and other BBC3 dramas and had the personality of a freshly wanked in sock 

3 hours ago, Honey Honey said:

:ph34r:

Alexi Lalas dumbs down the game every time he opens his fucking mouth to talk about it. I can't wait for the day the US stops thinking he's some expert at football just because he managed to make it to the Serie A when that was the top league.

• The title was changed to Jesse Marsch Sacked By Leeds; Javi Gracia to Take Over

Archived