The better place to talk football.

African Cup of Nations

football forum

• The title was changed to African Cup of Nations
  • Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

If Salah wins Afcon and the Carabao cup, he's equally as qualified to win the Ballon Dór as Messi was last year. 

I doubt French journos ever willingly decide an Arab Muslim guy is the best player in the world, regardless of whatever he does

5 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I doubt French journos ever willingly decide an Arab Muslim guy is the best player in the world, regardless of whatever he does

But he won a domestic cup comp that no one cares about and an international tournament held every fucking year competed for by a bunch of nobodies?  BEST IN THE WORLD!!!

3 minutes ago, Devil-Dick Willie said:

But he won a domestic cup comp that no one cares about and an international tournament held every fucking year competed for by a bunch of nobodies?  BEST IN THE WORLD!!!

Yeah and meanwhile the Arab Muslim guy who was one of the actual 3 best players in the world (along with Lewa & Benzema) gets ranked 7th by those all-knowing football experts that value international football so much.

56 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Yeah it's been very annoying tbh

What would be even more annoying is if one of them copped an injury in the final. 😄 Still I think it will be interesting to see how Salah and Mane perform in the final, they will both have a point to prove against each other no doubt. The victor will surely take the mick for months out of the other in Liverpool, over the upcoming weeks. I have a feeling that Senegal will probably edge the final, but it will surely be another very close affair.

14 minutes ago, Michael said:

What would be even more annoying is if one of them copped an injury in the final. 😄 Still I think it will be interesting to see how Salah and Mane perform in the final, they will both have a point to prove against each other no doubt. The victor will surely take the mick for months out of the other in Liverpool, over the upcoming weeks. I have a feeling that Senegal will probably edge the final, but it will surely be another very close affair.

With the amount of extra time Salah's had for Egypt... I'm pretty worried about him getting an injury.

I think Senegal's the better team, Egypt look a bit shit tbh.

13 minutes ago, Bluebird Hewitt said:

Mane has a pen saved within the first 5 minutes. 

I'm sure that's the third or fourth he's missed for them now. Not sure why he takes them. I understand that he's their best attacker but they don't always make great penalty takers. 

Just now, LFCMike said:

I'm sure that's the third or fourth he's missed for them now. Not sure why he takes them. I understand that he's their best attacker but they don't always make great penalty takers. 

It was hit hard but more or less at the keeper.

Haven't seen the other games but surprised he's missed that many in one tournament.

Archived