talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool and Man United's New Owners?

News on United front. 

Qatari investors are planning an incredible mega-money swoop for Manchester United and want to give manager Erik ten Hag the financial backing to lead the club back to the top, Sportsmail can reveal.

Sources have disclosed a group of private, high-wealth individuals based in the oil-rich state, buoyed by Qatar’s hosting of the World Cup, have set their sights on a club they view as ‘football’s crown jewels’.

They will make an offer for United in the coming days, ahead of the mid-February deadline set by the Glazers, and are confident their bid will blow the competition out of the water.

United’s owners are seeking more than £6billion for the club, and there is the prospect of another huge bill to redevelop Old Trafford, or knock down the iconic venue and build a new state-of-the-art facility. Such a project could cost more than £2bn, but that would not be a problem for the Qatari group.

Fan engagement is at the heart of their bid and they may well seek the views of supporters on the future of the stadium.

One potential stumbling block is Qatar Sports Investments’ ownership of Paris Saint-Germain. One entity cannot own two clubs in the same competition — and United and PSG could meet in Europe.

The bid for United would come from separate, individual Qatari investors. There is no interest in taking a partial stake, with only a full-blown takeover being discussed. Insiders have disclosed that the group want to use the knowledge gained from hosting the World Cup and are seeking a new project.

That would include handing Ten Hag a transfer war-chest to allow him to compete for signings with the world’s richest clubs.

‘There are significant funds available,’ they said. ‘These people are serious. They want to make sure that United are where they should be and they are confident theirs will be the strongest bid.

Qatari investors will bid for Manchester United within DAYS

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • The title was changed to Liverpool and Man United's New Owners?
24 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Are these Qatari investors some a shady group called QIA? Because those are the ones that were looking into buying us.

You are getting the QIA and Man U are getting QSI yet every one of them is controlled directly by Al Thani. 

10 minutes ago, OrangeKhrush said:

You are getting the QIA and Man U are getting QSI yet every one of them is controlled directly by Al Thani. 

Joke state of this league where it’s basically just America v the Middle East played out in football now

The Premier is a billionaire's league now, and not just your average run of the mill every day billionaire. 

It's not just the selling price, the Glazers have done nothing in way of infrastructure since they took over the club.  United need a new stadium,  new training facilities and you want to see the new owners develop the land around the stadium like City owners have done. Add in that United need to strengthen the team with 3 or 4 top players and the new owners can easy spend double the selling price .

Many United fans want to see Jim Ratcliffe buy the club,  but I don't think he has enough money to do what is needed and to compete with the other wealthy owners.

It's unfortunate,  but I think it will be some group from Qatar, 10 billion to them is a drop in the bucket, or should I say (oil) barrel. It's all about sportwashing to them, it's not necessary for them to make a huge profit.

Last I heard was Redbird, who invested in FSG, and also AC Milan (but are being investigated in Italy), are interested in upping their stake in FSG/Liverpool. Honestly, not the greatest investment news... they've kind of coincided with FSG's period of not really wanting to re-invest in LFC, so it's hard to thing they'd be of any help to us. Their involvement with AC Milan and the lack of ambition they've shown there is also worrying.

I don't think with LFC we're really going to see much good news in the way of investment. It'll either be some shady Qatari company buying the club outright from FSG, or FSG selling a portion but retaining as much control as they can... and who knows what that really means in terms of investment that helps us out on the pitch.

So annoying the Glazers are going to walk away with something in the region of 7 Billion pounds for United.

To think the money they've sucked out of our club, the fact they only ever spent in the region of 270 million of their own money in the purchase. Whilst never spending a single penny of their own fortune in developing the stadium or the playing side. They used nothing but profits the whole time.

• Subscriber

Getting pissed off with all these middle east mega-rich oil-ridden giants running the game and not just across here in the UK, but I guess that is the way it is, come to think of it anything is better than a Glazer.

Edit: And fuck off with the idea of building a new stadium and leave OT the way it has always been and invest money in improving that, something the Glazers could not give a fuck in doing while they are there.

2 hours ago, CaaC (John) said:

Getting pissed off with all these middle east mega-rich oil-ridden giants running the game and not just across here in the UK, but I guess that is the way it is, come to think of it anything is better than a Glazer.

Edit: And fuck off with the idea of building a new stadium and leave OT the way it has always been and invest money in improving that, something the Glazers could not give a fuck in doing while they are there.

We own huge amounts of land next to the current stadium, we could build a stadium whilst not having to leave our current one and it could be more suitable for future development.

They will never solve the issue of the housing estate or train track at the back of the South Stand so it makes total sense to rebuild however close we feel to the Theatre of Dreams.

6 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

I’ll be watching non league in a few years I reckon. Genuinely not sure I can stomach a Qatar backed takeover.

And if you want something even more rudimentary you can watch the A-League

It is certainly depressing to me. The whole state of things.

There's Man United, Liverpool, Arsenal & Spurs, who we're told are sort of self funded from being big clubs. There's Man City & Chelsea already spending. The expectation is Newcastle will start to spend proper money.

1 of them is still always going to finish 7th or lower.

And this seasons Premier League, there is almost literally a top half & a bottom half.

I'm not sure where it goes. Does it send Barcelona & Real Madrid the way of Serie A? (The pushers of the Super League of course..)

Does it implode on itself at some stage?

I don't think any United or Liverpool fan will be totally happy if their club is bought by one of the oil states, but for me it's a case of if you can't beat them join them.

Unless uefa or the Premier league outlaw Nation States from owning clubs, which I have said they should do from day one, we will never win anything major.  We may win the odd domestic cup, but will struggle to finish top four.  It's unfortunate but without oil money, this season's level of success could well be the best we can hope for.  

1 minute ago, Redcanuck said:

I don't think any United or Liverpool fan will be totally happy if their club is bought by one of the oil states, but for me it's a case of if you can't beat them join them.

Unless uefa or the Premier league outlaw Nation States from owning clubs, which I have said they should do from day one, we will never win anything major.  We may win the odd domestic cup, but will struggle to finish top four.  It's unfortunate but without oil money, this season's level of success could well be the best we can hope for.  

Double post needs to be deleted 

5 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

How do you work that one out, we've been mismanaged for the last ten years. Not only from the managers themselves but also the men above them making decisions that have damaged the club the most. 

We've seen a huge swing in the thought process of our transfer business, we are no longer grabbing at players with names, instead we are buying better. We also have one of the best managers in world football that in 6 short months has put us within touching distance of a title race.

United's issue has never been about money spent, we've spent a fortune. 

We could certainly compete, we would if the currently trajectory continues the way it is.

13 minutes ago, Devil said:

How do you work that one out, we've been mismanaged for the last ten years. Not only from the managers themselves but also the men above them making decisions that have damaged the club the most. 

We've seen a huge swing in the thought process of our transfer business, we are no longer grabbing at players with names, instead we are buying better. We also have one of the best managers in world football that in 6 short months has put us within touching distance of a title race.

United's issue has never been about money spent, we've spent a fortune. 

We could certainly compete, we would if the currently trajectory continues the way it is.

I just think the bar is constantly being raised financially, Chelsea has just spend half a billion, City are rumoured to do the same this summer and Newcastle will likely follow suit soon.  If Liverpool are bought by one of the oil states they will be in a position to do the same.  We will end facing clubs with two very good players in every position.

We will compete, but we will never have the depth that City has had for a few years or Chelsea now have and I expect Newcastle will soon have to win the Premier or the Champions League.   

That's not to mention that nothing has been down to the staduim and training facilities under the Glazers.  United need a huge injection of capital to get us back to the top of tree and I feel only the oil States can do that.

1 hour ago, Redcanuck said:

I just think the bar is constantly being raised financially, Chelsea has just spend half a billion, City are rumoured to do the same this summer and Newcastle will likely follow suit soon.  If Liverpool are bought by one of the oil states they will be in a position to do the same.  We will end facing clubs with two very good players in every position.

We will compete, but we will never have the depth that City has had for a few years or Chelsea now have and I expect Newcastle will soon have to win the Premier or the Champions League.   

That's not to mention that nothing has been down to the staduim and training facilities under the Glazers.  United need a huge injection of capital to get us back to the top of tree and I feel only the oil States can do that.

No I totally understand that point, of course they are ready to take it to a new level given there are three mega rich sugar daddy clubs in the Premier league.

I'm not depressed by the state of things. When Leicester won the Premier League I thought the big clubs had a jab in the arm and it felt like we had the best managers in the world sorting issues out shortly after with Pep, Klopp, Conte, Poch, Jose and Wenger in charge shortly after. The reality is three of those clubs continued to make mistakes and Tottenham followed suit after losing a Champions League final. Then Leicester after a Puel catastrophe still disrupted them again with a different team. Money helps but it isn't everything.

18 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I'm not depressed by the state of things. When Leicester won the Premier League I thought the big clubs had a jab in the arm and it felt like we had the best managers in the world sorting issues out shortly after with Pep, Klopp, Conte, Poch, Jose and Wenger in charge shortly after. The reality is three of those clubs continued to make mistakes and Tottenham followed suit after losing a Champions League final. Then Leicester after a Puel catastrophe still disrupted them again with a different team. Money helps but it isn't everything.

I guess that could be a glass is half full way of looking at things.

But the Leicester season was the exception to the rule. A generation back, the exception was Liverpool with 18 titles, or whatever they were on for nearly 30 years.

I'll never quite entirely concede there is a big 6 to defer to though, which I think is arguably part of the non-money dominance. And at least half of that group will always be frustrated to some extent. Often over who is spending marginally more & winning plenty more. And on that, I'm not as bothered by. As in, I know it's on mentality & options that Newcastle have got right vs what Villa & Leeds have got wrong. etc.

Nobody really saw Arsenal having the season they are having. There’s no reason Manchester United need to wait so long before they add another title. And no reason my club & your club should not be seriously looking at how they progress onwards & upwards from 11th & 12th. With different managers making different choices, there’s not much reason Man City & Chelsea will not swap places over the seasons ahead. Sanctions or no sanctions to either. 

Yes, there was the era before this when it was Man United with 1 of a few rotating challengers. But before that, in the far less financially stacked football world, where I just about go back to, most seasons were like a Leicester/Grand National season. But even more dramatic. Yes, still with favourites. Still with big names. But often full of surprises. Now, it’s more like a Formula1 season, where the most exciting thing that happens is that a team moves up or down a couple of spots, perhaps. And it’s extremely difficult to enter a new team. Or build up from the back of the pack. 

Just to contradict myself sightly I do much prefer F1 over horse racing, but it’s probably my feelings on the horses not choosing to put themselves in harms way for sporting entertainment.  

Archived