talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Liverpool and Man United's New Owners?

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

QIA's also fully backed out of the deal for Liverpool because FSG unwilling to sell more than 49% of the club. Thank fuck, FSG might be too careful with money to match the ambition the fans want to see for the club... but at least we're not a tourism ad for a human rights abusing country.

41 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

QIA's also fully backed out of the deal for Liverpool because FSG unwilling to sell more than 49% of the club. Thank fuck, FSG might be too careful with money to match the ambition the fans want to see for the club... but at least we're not a tourism ad for a human rights abusing country.

Good luck getting the necessary investment to compete for Champions League spots without taking money from the oil states.  Might be possible but it will be extremely difficult. 

5 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Good luck getting the necessary investment to compete for Champions League spots without taking money from the oil states.  Might be possible but it will be extremely difficult. 

It's going to be extremely difficult and it's going to be worse now with 3 oil states in the league, but at least the club isn't selling its soul to owners that have absolutely 0 respect for the culture of the city and the club. The feeling goes both ways. United will always be our biggest rival and the one I hate the most, but beyond the hate there was at least a respect for them. Now I'll view you the exact same way I view City & Newcastle.

23 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

I figure someone will reignite the buy plan in about four months once the summer comes around. These oil states love to find avenues to spend their money and football is fantastic for money laundering. 

I suspect who ever misses out on United between the Saudis and the Qataris will put the pressure on FSG to sell them the whole club.

10 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

This. As much as I have criticised FSG (Which I know is a lot), I would absolutely have them over the oil state ownership. Even if it does mean the likes of top four finishes become difficult to sustain. Not that I think that will be the case, Liverpool are always going to be there or thereabouts. 

9 hours ago, Mel81x said:

I figure someone will reignite the buy plan in about four months once the summer comes around. These oil states love to find avenues to spend their money and football is fantastic for money laundering. 

I think they wanted to sell because of the valuation Chelsea received. But I think at the end of the day Boehly is just the kind of person who doesn’t mind paying way over market value to get what he wants. FSG seem serious about wanting to keep 51% of the club & the only way they’ll sell more, I think, is if the offer is absolutely ludicrous. And with the season we’ve had I don’t think we go for a ludicrous price tbh.

And like @Rick I’ve been annoyed at FSG because I think they’ve missed our moment to press on the good work Klopp has done in literally winning everything he can win at Liverpool. But at least we’re not fully selling our soul to be a tourism ad for weirdo dictatorships.

• Subscriber
4 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

I think they wanted to sell because of the valuation Chelsea received. But I think at the end of the day Boehly is just the kind of person who doesn’t mind paying way over market value to get what he wants. FSG seem serious about wanting to keep 51% of the club & the only way they’ll sell more, I think, is if the offer is absolutely ludicrous. And with the season we’ve had I don’t think we go for a ludicrous price tbh.

And like @Rick I’ve been annoyed at FSG because I think they’ve missed our moment to press on the good work Klopp has done in literally winning everything he can win at Liverpool. But at least we’re not fully selling our soul to be a tourism ad for weirdo dictatorships.

This now makes me wonder whether they'll swing around in the summer and try to be serious about business even if it is a bit late. After all, the valuation dropping is not good for FSG considering they were able to build it up to a very good point. May end up being a win-win for everyone inolved with the club.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived