talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Madonna

football forum

On 10/02/2023 at 14:15, SirBalon said:

Madonna has some totally iconic tunes. She’s completely bonkers, has been for years. But her music is legendary. 

Maradona's music from the 80s was great, but from there on, not to my taste. I personally hate pop type of music, but the 80s was actually a decade where that specific genre was good(and to an extent the 90s) and she put out some great tunes to be honest.

Such as this one:-

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Maradona's music from the 80s was great, but from there on, not to my taste. I personally hate pop type of music, but the 80s was actually a decade where that specific genre was good(and to an extent the 90s) and she put out some great tunes to be honest.

mwqok5qh2db8zkiwnrswpytrgr2n

• Haha 4

11 hours ago, Carnivore Chris said:

Totally agree and Madonna's 80's (plus some of her 90s) music is where she ceased to mean anything to me. But I'm an 80's kid and as far as I'm concerned there hasn't been a decade like it where music is concerned.  The amount of legendary tunes from that decade are too many to mention.

• 4 months later...
  • Subscriber
11 minutes ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Madonna plays guitar live?!

Of course she does, she's a fucking legend. 

It's from the Sticky & Sweet tour, same with this badass version of Borderline:

• Upvote 1

• Subscriber
8 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

Makes Madonna cooler than 99% of pop stars, if not all of them

I mean, it's not even surprising. She was a drummer and a guitarist in two bands before she launched her solo career. If you listen to the records from that time, it's pretty much punk, new wave, garage, etc, and she kind of brought that whole counter culture, punk, fuck-the-system edgy attitude into the mainstream pop and somehow made it work. And also when you look to the wide range of stuff she recorded during her solo career, I think it is extremely reductive to describe her as JUST a pop star. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, nudge said:

I mean, it's not even surprising. She was a drummer and a guitarist in two bands before she launched her solo career. If you listen to the records from that time, it's pretty much punk, new wave, garage, etc, and she kind of brought that whole counter culture, punk, fuck-the-system edgy attitude into the mainstream pop and somehow made it work. And also when you look to the wide range of stuff she recorded during her solo career, I think it is extremely reductive to describe her as JUST a pop star. 

I didn't know any of that. I'm also not as familiar with a lot of her work - she's released a lot more than I'd ever had heard.

• Upvote 1