• Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Unfortunately, if they want him it won't be long before he's gone

They'd have to break the world record for a transfer fee by quite a margin to get him with the market how it is right now. 

4 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

They'd have to break the world record for a transfer fee by quite a margin to get him with the market how it is right now. 

Possibly. The club will be rubbing their hands right now. This could fund their summer

4 minutes ago, True Blue said:

I rate Coutinho think he is quality, but not 72 mill quality.

If Stones is worth £50m, Siggurdson valued at £50m, Morata £75m and Pogba £90... Then yeah, we are looking at a record fee for Coutinho as he is better than all the above by some distance. 

24 minutes ago, Teso Dos Bichos said:

:rofl: replacing neymar with coutinho has to be the biggest downgrade since Ben affleck replaced bale as batman.

Ben Affleck was a better Batman than Christian Bale.

Coutinho wouldn't be a replacement for Neymar. Anyone that thinks that needs their head tested. Coutinho is a player Barcelona have been looking at for a long time and it has nothing to do with Neymar's position and certainly not his situation. If Neymar were to go, his replacement would be Juventus' Dybala.

Anyway... That price if its in pounds looks very steep to me. I doubt Barça would pay that because Coutinho isn't worth that. 

18 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Coutinho wouldn't be a replacement for Neymar. Anyone that thinks that needs their head tested. Coutinho is a player Barcelona have been looking at for a long time and it has nothing to do with Neymar's position and certainly not his situation. If Neymar were to go, his replacement would be Juventus' Dybala.

Anyway... That price if its in pounds looks very steep to me. I doubt Barça would pay that because Coutinho isn't worth that. 

What do you mean you doubt they'd pay it?

Thats what they've bid xD

• Administrator

There's no doubt he's a class player and wants to move to Barca. Equally I don't think it's actually a bad time to sell for Liverpool, Coutinho had injury spells last year and was fairly anonymous on occasions during matches. I think anything over €90m is an absolutely superb return.

4 hours ago, LFCMike said:

Unfortunately, if they want him it won't be long before he's gone

This is true.

@topic

It's laughable to see people saying that 72 is a lot for him. In a market where a flat track bully like Lukaku is worth 75, Coutinho is worth more.

But it won't be 100 or something like that. FSG will eat anything around 90, to get a hugh earner like him off the wages. 

Coutinho is also not a replacement of Neymar. He would be an ideal CM for Barca, unfortunately.

1 hour ago, IgnisExcubitor said:

This is true.

@topic

It's laughable to see people saying that 72 is a lot for him. In a market where a flat track bully like Lukaku is worth 75, Coutinho is worth more.

But it won't be 100 or something like that. FSG will eat anything around 90, to get a hugh earner like him off the wages. 

Coutinho is also not a replacement of Neymar. He would be an ideal CM for Barca, unfortunately.

Huge earner like him? He's only just signed a new contract, his previous one he was earning moderate money. Seriously, it's like people just make things up. Why would we be trying to sign players this summer for fee's of £60-£70m who will be on well over £100k a week (VVD & Kieta) if FSG want to get high earners off the wage book? Think about it? Under Klopp we are actually trying to build something, any mug can see that. 

Coutinho wont be going this summer but will probably move to Barca next year and who can blame him? It's not a 'FSG are the evilest people in the world' thing like some would have you believe, it's that for players (especially South American ones), playing for Barcelona is the absolute pinnacle and Coutinho himself will probably really want the move. 

18 minutes ago, LFCMike said:

Generally, those who sign a new deal and become our highest earner don't end up lasting very long after they've signed their new and improved deal.

That's true, and I've no doubt during negotiations of the new contract Barcelona's interest was discussed but as I said above, who could blame him? Same with Suarez, Mascherano... 

We are shopping in a higher tier of players now though and I'm pretty confident Klopp will replace any outgoing players adequately. We've had a £66m bid rejected for Keita and ok they don't want to sell, but it shows the level of player we are now going after. 

Lets not wet the bed the first sign of trouble hey?

I think £72m is a more than decent price for someone who blows hot and cold like Coutinho. Absolutely brilliant when he's on it, no question. Not so great when he's not. The consistency levels would worry me.

If I was Barca, I wouldn't go much higher, perhaps £80m tops. And that is tops. I'm pretty sure they could find another player walking this planet just as good for less I'm sure.

The problem with these discussions is the same old line comes out that 'Player X was bought for this much so Player Y must be that much' but the problem using that line is that clubs buy players overpriced because they are desperate and need them at all costs.

We are talking about Coutinho here. A very, very good player. But not the second coming of Christ.

• The title was changed to Philippe Coutinho Officially Signs for FC Barcelona
  • The topic was locked

Archived