talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho

I think SirBalon is right to be honest, big Spanish clubs get a bad reputation because they're big and there are no big clubs in England and the British press don't like to be so harsh towards English clubs as they're more respectful... Barcelona presidents, club officials and players all talking about transfer targets is just because they love football more and it's why it's called the beautiful game. #MoreThanAClub

The transfer ban was also totally unjustified, they were illegal deals to bring over underage players but Barcelona were just adopting these kids and giving them a chance at life and should be commended. #MoreThanAClub

Barcelona also did nothing wrong in the Neymar transfer deal. The €5.5m they paid to the Spanish authorities wasn't a fine, it was charity work. #MoreThanAClub

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

No other club has forced a Barca shirt on to a player at international duty. And their players are pretty clearly coached on how to avoiding taxes.

Why pretend to be an Arsenal fan if you really just love Barca?

Here we go! xD

Alright mate...  Have it as you want.  Don't answer the questions.  I already commented on the issue about that shirt on Cesc's back various times and I'm not going to do it again.

None of you have any reasons other than blah blah blah.

3 hours ago, 6666 said:

I think SirBalon is right to be honest, big Spanish clubs get a bad reputation because they're big and there are no big clubs in England and the British press don't like to be so harsh towards English clubs as they're more respectful... Barcelona presidents, club officials and players all talking about transfer targets is just because they love football more and they're allowed to. #MoreThanAClub

The transfer ban was also totally unjustified, they were illegal deals to bring over underage players but Barcelona were just adopting these kids and giving them a chance at life and should be commended. #MoreThanAClub

Barcelona also did nothing wrong in the Neymar transfer deal. The €5.5m they paid to the Spanish authorities wasn't a fine, it was charity work. #MoreThanAClub

In all of that you haven't answered any question that I put before you.

The €6.2m (you got the amount incorrect) paid to the Spanish fiscal system was FC Barcelona paying the tax on a tax Neymar's father didn't pay for services rendered.  Something you should be questioning him about and which FC Barcelona did so as to alleviate all the issues surrounding his father's tax evasions.

As for everything else you've written...  I have no idea what you're on about.  You know nothing about how Spanish football works and how the press work in Spain.  It shows.

Until someone as uneducated as you in football learns to understand what Men Que Un Club actually means, I will ignore the fact you're actually using the term.

Answer the questions. ;)

Answer the questions with answers I want to hear!!! The things you said that I have no idea over don't count!!! Barcelona are pure and unfairly targeted!!! Neymar's father is Barcelona!!!

Guardian said:

Barcelona agree to pay £4.4m fine over Neymar tax fraud case

Barcelona have agreed to pay a fine of €5.5m (£4.4m) to the Spanish authorities to settle a tax fraud case over the transfer of Neymar in 2013.

Barcelona had been accused of concealing part of Neymar’s transfer fee when he moved to Spain from the Brazilian club Santos, with several investigations carried out in Spain and Brazil.

The settlement was reported by the Spanish news agency Efe last week and the club confirmed in a statement on Tuesday that its board had approved the agreement at a meeting the previous day.

“The board … has decided to approve the agreement presented by the club’s legal services with regard to the case surrounding the signing of Neymar Jr, currently being heard in the courts of the province of Barcelona,” the statement said.

“The agreement involves the recognition by the club of an error in tax planning for the signing of the player, for the fiscal years 2011 and 2013, when they did not correctly withhold payments resulting from his incorporation.

“In addition, the club has been exonerated from responsibility for the fiscal year 2014, which was also part of the proceedings.”

The vote by Barcelona’s board approves a pact to absolve both the current president, Josep Bartomeu, and the former president Sandro Rosell of wrongdoing with regard to the transfer.

Bartomeu was a vice-president under Rosell when Neymar was signed in a complex deal involving multiple contracts.

The tax probe was launched after a club member questioned the figures given for the Neymar deal. Barcelona initially said they paid €57.1m but later said the cost was nearer €100m.

Reuters reported last week that Spanish prosecutors want Neymar to face charges of fraud and corruption over his transfer.

The Brazilian investment fund DIS, which held 40% of Neymar’s sporting rights at Santos, said it was deprived of its full share of the transfer as Barcelona had concealed the actual value of the deal.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/14/barcelona-agree-fine-neymar-tax-fraud

The club itself accepts wrongdoing but even that probably doesn't count. 9_9

2 hours ago, 6666 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/jun/14/barcelona-agree-fine-neymar-tax-fraud

The club itself accepts wrongdoing but even that probably doesn't count. 9_9

And?

3 hours ago, 6666 said:

Answer the questions with answers I want to hear!!! The things you said that I have no idea over don't count!!! Barcelona are pure and unfairly targeted!!! Neymar's father is Barcelona!!!

No! This started over tapping. Every club tapps players. Answer the questions

21 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

No! This started over tapping. Every club taps players. Answer the questions.

I've answered them. You just don't like the answers. Your club goes further than others to get transfers done, it's commonly accepted with Real Madrid only rivaling you. Some may say it's why they're so good and it's not always a case of them "tapping up" but the point I made wasn't about tapping up, it was about them generally acting like cunts while still wanting to maintain a holier than thou image.

No one's said that no other clubs act immorally regarding transfers, they're saying Barcelona are the worst for openly unsettling players as they think they're above everyone else.

You also told me to answer questions about Neymar and then when I answered you went "and?" like that never happened. xD

This is like at the playground. You're worse than me because you done this. Go back to your pram and learn something about how the sport works. Every club tapps players and I've mentioned why in the past.

openly indeed... Like that makes someone worse than someone else. xD

31 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

This is like at the playground. You're worse than me because you done this. Go back to your pram and learn something about how the sport works. Every club tapps players and I've mentioned why in the past.

openly indeed... Like that makes someone worse than someone else. xD

It is nice to know that you're now claiming that someone saying "being worse at something makes them worse" means they're a baby... it's nice because that shows you recognise Barcelona are worse but at the same time you don't want them to be seen as worse so you're framing it as Barcelona just being great at taking advantage of how the sport works (which doesn't dispute me saying that they're cunts).

Attacking Barcelona's holier than thou image really does get Barcelona fans riled up.

30 minutes ago, LFCMadLad said:

So you ask him to provide proof and when he does you say 'and' xD

What proof did he provide?  I said that all clubs do it and he went and showed bee how Barcelona have done it.

There's been accusations on how Barcelona's players are coached on how to avoid tax when there are players all over Europe being done for tax fraud.  But let's highlight Barcelona which I understand because they're a massive club and envy runs deep.

There's been accusations on Barcelona tapping players when every club does it and my own club Arsenal are currently being investigated for a couple of counts of tapping and your club had to apologise for doing it not so long ago.  Not that this is a particular evil as it's always gone on and will always continue to happen.  I've written about this before but it seems some skip by anything that isn't a continuance on their rhetoric.  Clubs aren't stupid not to find out if the player ACTUALLY wants to come before starting negotiations with the owning club.  That would be thick and it costs money just to negotiate, resources and time if it all goes wrong and you then have to look elsewhere.

I'd be either arrogant, a bastard or god knows what if I called any of you guys innocent in all of this but I think it's more a case of ignoring everything else and focusing on what you want.

Clubs not paying tax?  That's not a common occurrence and that has nothing whatsoever to do with players not paying tax which is on them and has to do with their personal dealings seeing as in the rest of Europe the tax is paid by the club and if the tax was evaded on a wage it would be the club being taken to court and not the player.

That situation 6666666666 highlighted on the Neymar tax situation...  I'm not going to excuse Barcelona because I know where it will go but that case with the Neymar signing is actually still in the courts because of what the ex-president Sandro Rosell done with the deal.  He personally is being taken to court and not the club...  This is why Barça missed out on that money which he cited from that Guardian piece, something they actually got wrong on the some of money because as I said, it was actually €6.2m they had to pay out which I could've kept quiet because the amount being stated by 66666666666 was actually less.  I know about that case and it was in Sandro Rosell's paperwork that wasn't run through the club due to the dodgy dealings he made through Nike for which he is being investigated for right now amongst other things.  None of those connected with the actual club as wasn't the Alexis tax scandal or the Messi tax scandal because as I said, they were personal dealings.

So all we have to go on is that Guardian piece because everything else we've established all clubs do.

That makes Barcelona the CUNTS. xD

What do you want me to say?

I care not for the ramblings of people like him.  I pull him up because it entertains me as well as anyone else coming out with things that are just based on a particular disliking for something.  It matters not to me whether it's Barcelona or Dyson Vacuum Cleaners...  If I know something and someone else goes overboard, I'll pull them up on it.

Are Liverpool cunts for tapping players?

Are Arsenal cunts for tapping players?

Oh!  So because Barcelona players have come out public when questioned on something, that makes it worse?  Come on!  That's cheap hahaha.  That really makes them cunts? :congrats:

Then you have the cheap quirks on the Barcelona moto "mes que un club" which none here probably even know what it means.  They go to Google, find the translation and get all upset and the arrogance of it all. Oh my days!

I'm not going to write any more on this because there's no point in arguing with people on a subject they're ignorant on or fail to see the hypocrisy of it all.  I only answered you because I was surprised that at your age you've taken the situation on a point system like at school that someone may have got one over on me.  You should be ashamed of yourself on that one mate.  Question the situation all you like but don't question me on my knowledge of what goes on in Spanish football.  I don't defend anyone on wrongs done, not Arsenal, not Barcelona, not my mother of my father.  That's the way I am and I have criticised both clubs plenty of times but that part fails to be acknowledged and instead I'm painted as some sort of biassed poster.  Only this week I've constantly criticised Barça for various things on this forum.

Anyway...  Think I've said enough now to satisfy you that I haven't run away.  I just don't want to continue arguing with 66666 because he just goes on and on drawing it down to his nonsense and rhetoric.  If someone like Gonzo wants to go that way, then that's a shame because I didn't know he was that way inclined with all the "cunt" bollocks.  But maybe he has a reason behind his hatred.  Everyone is entitled to hate what they want for the reasons they want even if they are unfounded, overboard, lacking in knowledge or rather hypocritical.  Throwing stones and all that...

I think what's clear is Barcelona did themselves some reputational harm around the Fabregas transfer. Particularly for the way in which it seemed all their players came out and half pleaded through the media for him to be allowed to return to his boyhood club. It was condescending in the extreme but it wasn't the normal way Barca or other teams do it. And it wasnt a typical situation because it was a club he had grown up with and he was a local boy.

Most players they have signed since then it has just been them paying a fee and the transfer being done with maybe a little more speculation in the media than usual because there is such an avid focus on the transfer dealings of that cub. 

There is a general expectation (arrogance) within the club that if they want a player then he will naturally want to go to them but this is similar to what most EPL clubs expect when they raid Ajax or any German club except Bayern. Its in line with the standard pecking order that exists whether we like it or not. 

I really didn't believe this would happen this summer and expected Barça to probably go for it next summer before the World Cup.  But it seems it's happening already and it's deadly serious.  Two main members of Barça's technical staff have flown from New York where the team is on a pre season tour straight to London where Coutinho's agent is waiting for them for a meeting this morning.

• Subscriber
1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

I really didn't believe this would happen this summer and expected Barça to probably go for it next summer before the World Cup.  But it seems it's happening already and it's deadly serious.  Two main members of Barça's technical staff have flown from New York where the team is on a pre season tour straight to London where Coutinho's agent is waiting for them for a meeting this morning.

Can I ask what's the driving factor for this acquisition because honestly it seems like the club is going through a lot for the player so I am curious what the actual need for him is. Is there something going on with players at the club that isn't evident to everyone else or is this just a 'must-have-player' situation?

I'd like him to stay with us as I think he's great for the attack and a huge part of Klopp's plan but this chase for him now seems a little weird considering the amount they are going to have to pay after the first rejected bid.

4 minutes ago, Mel81x said:

Can I ask what's the driving factor for this acquisition because honestly it seems like the club is going through a lot for the player so I am curious what the actual need for him is. Is there something going on with players at the club that isn't evident to everyone else or is this just a 'must-have-player' situation?

Coutinho is a fantastic player when on song without a doubt.  I personally think he has a lot of lagoons in his game and as for your question mate...  I have no idea how to answer it unless it's something to do with taking Neymar's best mate to Barça as soon as possible if he stays.  This board at Barcelona is totally incompetent, but this could be their last bullet as they may not be in control before next summer... You heard it here first mate. ;)

12 minutes ago, Harry said:

He's the high end bargain of the season if he goes for 72m in this market.

Should be at least 100m. And it would take 150m for me not to be disappointed if he leaves.

On what do you base that sum as Coutinho's worth?

On a hypothetical presumption on what he can deliver at the top end?

Or on what he has delivered in his time at Liverpool?

Coutinho could never go for less than Pogba's fee. It would never be a good deal for Liverpool anyway. Where would they get a better central midfielder? Do they have a chance of signing Modric or Thiago Alcantara?

1 hour ago, SirBalon said:

On what do you base that sum as Coutinho's worth?

On a hypothetical presumption on what he can deliver at the top end?

Or on what he has delivered in his time at Liverpool?

We signed Mane and Salah for £75m, sold Sterling and Ibe for £65m. We're pretty decent at getting value for our players that haven't been totally written off. Let alone those wanted by Barcelona.

Quite frankly, Coutinho is worth much more to us than Sterling or Ibe ever were. He has delivered more consistently and he's got the potential to grow into an even better player. And in this transfer market, selling him should mean we are getting an outrageous fee. Because we simply will not be able to buy a suitable replacement and it would fuck our preparations for the season at this point.

As Machado said, even a ridiculous fee would not be a good deal for us. It would simply be a lot of money for our next rebuilding project. Which I think all Liverpool fans are sick to death of experiencing.

• The title was changed to Philippe Coutinho Officially Signs for FC Barcelona
  • The topic was locked

Archived