talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Dr. Gonzo said:

What a load of bullshit. What any selling club wants is of huge importance to the sale of a player when they don't want to sell and the player is on a long contract.

Obviously the buying club should look out for what's best for the buying club, but if they want a player from the selling club then the selling club is obviously going to have a say in the value. He's our most valuable player on a 5 year contract with no release clause and we're just back in the CL. If Barca want him and we're absolutely right to demand an insane price.

It's exactly what Saints are doing with us, and Leipzig too. And they're well within their rights to, especially in this window. It's a seller's market.

What's bullshit mate? xD

You've said exactly the same thing.

The selling club wants to get the most out of their investment (preferably not to have to sell) and the buying club wants to buy as cheap as possible (market forces).  Only one man in the universe waits for a player to be worth his optimum before buying him for marketing reasons and that's Florentino Pérez (by his own admission).

I don't see where Barça are some sort of demon for trying to lower the price.  Every club also does this like the tapping thing.  Looks like Barça are the satan of things everyone does. hahaha

47 minutes ago, Cicero said:

Personal terms agreed apparently. 

According to RAC1 (Catalan radio station) it's a 100% done deal between the player, Barcelona and Liverpool.  Just the finer details to finish off and the player's agent has now flown off to Barcelona after negotiating in London.  What's not known is the fee...  There's speculation it's over €80m or there abouts.

What's for sure is that the initial bid on the title of this thread was as I thought and why I was confused...  It's in Euros and not Pound Sterling.  So €75m which has been refused by Liverpool FC and it seems they've come to an agreement on a different figure.

Regarding Barcelona and Real Madrid behavior in the transfer market, my impression is that they use the spanish sports press, which is unprofessional, unethical and extremely biased for the most part, to apply pressure in other clubs in order to ease negotiations with the player either Barça or Real want.  I strong dislike what both spanish giants do on that regard.

On Coutinho, I find it disgraceful that a single player like Neymar can dictate terms regarding transfer targets to a giant club like Barcelona. It shows how amateurish Barcelona´s board and Neymar Jr are.

I'll be absolutely gutted if this goes through. Not only because I love Coutinho, but because it leaves a MASSIVE hole in our creativity just before the season begins and we will have no chance replacing it. 

I'll be thoroughly gutted if this goes through, especially at the prices reported. Not only will we not have landed our top targets for defense and midfield, we'll also have to fill another hole in midfield.

I'd be inclined to write another fucking season off. If this goes through, I'll be well on board the FSG out train.

4 minutes ago, Burning Gold said:

Only way this would be acceptable for me is if Barcelona give us whatever Leipzig want for Keita and then some. Even then it would be a sickening blow because we'd have gone backwards while every team above us and Everton have improved.

Even then, that's just one step forward and another step backwards. It doesn't actually help us in any sense. The only way it'd be acceptable is if we got Suarez or Messi, but that's not fucking going to happen. Force the fucker to play one more season if he wants out, like we did with Suarez, because otherwise it's tantamount to writing this season off as you're taking our most important player out of the side right before the season starts with no contingency. And to me, regardless of how much Barca may throw at us, that's would be totally unacceptable from FSG.

If FSG sell coutinho there will be hell on from the fans. To sell our best player just 3 weeks before the season starts with no chance of finding a replacement  (If it does goes through, offer Madrid a bucket load for isco) would show such lack of ambition at a crucial point in our club in recent years. Wouldn't put it past Klopp to resign if he doesn't land his targets and we sell Coutinho, such a kick in the face. And at that price?!!!!

Klopp should leave.

While his consistency can be questioned and Liverpool missed Mane as much, if not more, when injured, it seems strange for Liverpool to sell at this point. With the season so close it seems impossible for Liverpool to sign and embed a player of similar quality, although Keita has been mooted. Given Klopps insistent statements he won't leave it's unlikely he's in agreement with any sale and it is being driven by money, this could anger Klopp who was used to this at Dortmund and will surely feel building a strong side is going to be incredibly difficult when his better players are sold even after he says they won't.

What's with all the bedwetting? 

This story of terms and fee's agreed has all been leaked from Barca's side, probably in an attempt to unsettle Coutinho. None of our reliable journo's know anything about it. 

The only chance we let him go is if we have landed Keita, if not then I highly doubt he'll be going anywhere this summer. 

Now...  Unless there's another deal to be closed by Barça that the press haven't got hold of and is a mystery.  Both Robert Fernández (technical director for sport) and Albert Soler who's an internal lawyer that is in charge of closing deals have both left the FC Barcelona expedition and flown back to Spain.  There was no reason for them to do this until the tour ended which is Sunday.

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

What's with all the bedwetting? 

This story of terms and fee's agreed has all been leaked from Barca's side, probably in an attempt to unsettle Coutinho. None of our reliable journo's know anything about it. 

The only chance we let him go is if we have landed Keita, if not then I highly doubt he'll be going anywhere this summer. 

Landing Keita doesn't help, there's no player in the range of 70 mill for a player like Coutinho when in form, Isco and Asencio is a no no, only Modric is consistent and better than  Coutinho, he's 31... he's extremely creative and you lot can get at least 2 seasons out of him, he should cost 30-40 mill, he's won it all at Madrid so convincing him will be a lot easier. Good luck :ph34r:

There's no way Real Madrid would sell either Isco or Asensio...  That's just not going to happen and if either came on the market Barça would be on top of them like a shot, infact they were courting Isco when he wasn't decided on signing his extension at Real Madrid.

There are better players that Coutinho that aren't at Barcelona or Real Madrid.  You've got Verratti at PSG and Thiago Alcántara at Bayern.  Both extremely difficult to get also and even more expensive than Coutinho which is why I understand why Liverpool fans are so nervous about the player leaving.

So Brazilian media platform Golobosport reckon they've managed to find out what the deal between Livepool and Barcelona is concerning Coutinho.

Remember this is in Euros!

According to Golobosport the deal is for €70m plus €10m in variables that could take the total amount to €80m. That's about £76m right now. I'm sure that's nowhere near the amounts being spoken about here by Liverpool fans. 

49 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

So Brazilian media platform Golobosport reckon they've managed to find out what the deal between Livepool and Barcelona is concerning Coutinho.

Remember this is in Euros!

According to Golobosport the deal is for €70m plus €10m in variables that could take the total amount to €80m. That's about £76m right now. I'm sure that's nowhere near the amounts being spoken about here by Liverpool fans. 

It's not true. All the info is being leaked  from very sketchy sources or Barcelona cock suckers. 

He may well go and I'll be gutted but everything being reported at the moment is either bollocks or unsettling tactics. 

Reports that Coutinho wants the move.  If true Liverpool's bargaining position is weakened.   The old story of keeping an unhappy player comes to mind.  Personally I don't think Coutinho is consistent enough to warrant the fee Liverpool fans talk about.  Take the €80m if Barcelona will give you that and run.

1 minute ago, Redcanuck said:

Reports that Coutinho wants the move.  If true Liverpool's bargaining position is weakened.   The old story of keeping an unhappy player comes to mind.  Personally I don't think Coutinho is consistent enough to warrant the fee Liverpool fans talk about.  Take the €80m if Barcelona will give you that and run.

He doesn't seem like the type of player to down tools if he can't get the move. Not that he could do that in a World Cup year anyway. Liverpool should be telling them to fuck off until next summer

43 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Reports from who, Barca's agent. Liverpool hold the cards here, unless it's 100mill they shouldn't sell and if they do for below then Liverpool are basically admitting they aren't serious.

There's no way Barcelona will pay £100m for Coutinho... We're talking pounds here!

He's not a £100m player by a long stretch of the imagination. He may be worth that to Liverpool for all the reasons we all know and I agree with that. But he isn't worth that and I'd be very surprised if that occurred. 

• The title was changed to Philippe Coutinho Officially Signs for FC Barcelona
  • The topic was locked

Archived