talkfootball365
  • Welcome to talkfootball365!

The better place to talk football.

Philippe Coutinho

1 hour ago, LFCMadLad said:

It's not true. All the info is being leaked  from very sketchy sources or Barcelona cock suckers. 

He may well go and I'll be gutted but everything being reported at the moment is either bollocks or unsettling tactics. 

Here's the link to the Globosport article on Mundo Deportivo.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20170726/43111002464/oferta-barca-liverpool-coutinho.html

And here's the link to the pressing Coutinho is doing to leave Liverpool and reduce the fee. 

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20170726/43114602450/coutinha-presiona-liverpool-fichaje-barca.html

I'm not inventing anything mate. 

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

There's no way Barcelona will pay £100m for Coutinho... We're talking pounds here!

He's not a £100m player by a long stretch of the imagination. He may be worth that to Liverpool for all the reasons we all know and I agree with that. But he isn't worth that and I'd be very surprised if that occurred. 

I agree but I'm not arsed about Barcelona, Liverpool are a big football club and should act like one. Price them out of it, if he has to go then do a deal like Manchester United did with Ronaldo.

I could understand Liverpool selling if this had been done in early June but to sell him now is bonkers and is massively to their detriment.

Nobody is saying that Coutinho is unhappy at Liverpool or he will down tools, but it is similar to the Ronaldo situation.  If Coutinho's dream is to play for Barcelona and Liverpool refuse to sell him, it has to affect his play.  Also agree with SirBalon, Liverpool won't get a 100m for him.

14 minutes ago, SirBalon said:

Here's the link to the Globosport article on Mundo Deportivo.

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20170726/43111002464/oferta-barca-liverpool-coutinho.html

And here's the link to the pressing Coutinho is doing to leave Liverpool and reduce the fee. 

https://www.mundodeportivo.com/futbol/fc-barcelona/20170726/43114602450/coutinha-presiona-liverpool-fichaje-barca.html

I'm not inventing anything mate. 

Shit sources leaked by Barca 

xD Coutinho isn't my first choice but he's probably among the best targets that we can actually get....Klopp is adamant he's not for sale but FSG are willing to hear us and negotiate, with Coutinho putting pressure on them as he wants the move and has already agreed terms with Barcelona according to Gerard Romero. 

2 hours ago, LFCMadLad said:

Shit sources leaked by Barca 

Globosport has something to do with Barcelona?

Come on mate...

Whether or not they're making it up I don't know.  I'm only bringing the information as it appears for everyone here.  But to then palm it off like something that the club have purported or invented with mediums from other continents is ridiculous.

I get it that you guys don't like Barcelona all that much.  But to take it to something it's never been at is another thing.

Anyhow...  Maybe it's best that I don't post news that I find around because I know what I'll be accused off.  It's like I'm the one writing the stuff.  xD

2 hours ago, The Artful Dodger said:

I agree but I'm not arsed about Barcelona, Liverpool are a big football club and should act like one. Price them out of it, if he has to go then do a deal like Manchester United did with Ronaldo.

I could understand Liverpool selling if this had been done in early June but to sell him now is bonkers and is massively to their detriment.

I agree Liverpool are a big club.  Infact they're a massive club!

Anyone that has read me from when I joined TFF will have read me saying that for me they're the biggest club in England by a million miles.  All that Man Utd crap I have never cared for because even though they're big, they're a marketing phenomenon whereas Liverpool FC are a genuine legendary European football club.  I have the utmost respect for them but here we're talking a situation that's separated from nostalgia and romanticism.  Here we're talking about two clubs negotiating the future of a player.  One club wants top Dollar (understandable and would expect the same from the club I support) and the other club is wanting to pay less...  Where does that differ from the regular walks of life?

It's not really about the value, I agree Barcelona should negotiate the best deal for them, absolutely. I'm not saying Coutinho is worth 100million, or Barcelona should pay it but that Liverpool should demand it, in anticipation that Barcelona will baulk. In my opinion, Coutinho doesn't really go towards solving Barcelona's problems anyway and they could spend the money elsewhere and it cannot possibly be true that they're stepping this up to please neymar?...that's a different argument.

Just think Liverpool need to show some strenght on this and say, nah, we're not selling unless you agree to be ripped off. Even if it's only for one year, at least then Klopp can plan and build for life without him.

It's just too late in the transfer window for us to justify selling him, unless it's over £100m. If he wants to go, then we've got to do something similar to what we did with Suarez and demand an extra season out of him.

If it's true that they need to sign a friend for Neymar, then Neymar is a little bitch lol.

• Administrator

I'm not convinced this will happen, not unless van Dijk or/and another large deal is completed *immediately* in the aftermath of the sale. The reason I'm not convinced this will happen is that this summer has seen a switch in power between clubs and players. Had this been last summer I'd have been convinced it would have happened but the Keita situation has had a polarizing effect on clubs playing hardball with Wanted players. I don't think Barcelona will pay what Liverpool value him, so I suspect he'll sign for an agreed fee next summer. I don't really believe Barca actually carry that much clout anymore given the insanity of wealth exploding into the Premier League. Of course Brazilians will have infinitely greater affinity for a Spanish giant but the power of that lure is diminished. I can't see Barca getting him for less than £80m. End of. They've no bargaining chips here regardless whether Coutinho asks for the move or not. It's a curious one as I don't think he's all that to be honest.

7 hours ago, Batard said:

I'm not convinced this will happen, not unless van Dijk or/and another large deal is completed *immediately* in the aftermath of the sale. The reason I'm not convinced this will happen is that this summer has seen a switch in power between clubs and players. Had this been last summer I'd have been convinced it would have happened but the Keita situation has had a polarizing effect on clubs playing hardball with Wanted players. I don't think Barcelona will pay what Liverpool value him, so I suspect he'll sign for an agreed fee next summer. I don't really believe Barca actually carry that much clout anymore given the insanity of wealth exploding into the Premier League. Of course Brazilians will have infinitely greater affinity for a Spanish giant but the power of that lure is diminished. I can't see Barca getting him for less than £80m. End of. They've no bargaining chips here regardless whether Coutinho asks for the move or not. It's a curious one as I don't think he's all that to be honest.

You're right on one side of the coin which is that Liverpool FC have all the power here as Barça do in the Neymar-Gate situation with PSG.  They're the owning clubs with two major differences...  One, Liverpool own a player where you HAVE to go through them and negotiate whereas Barça own a player that has a set price on his contract by activating a buy-out clause, albeit a ridiculously high one that sounds almost perverse.

Where I disagree with you is where you dispute the weight (I think that's what you're trying to say) of the names FC Barcelona and Real Madrid...  For players those two names are sacred.  They're the Olympus of football clubs with Real Madrid being the optimum.  When any of those two come calling, the object (the player in question) sits up and pricks his ears to listen.  It's not like Barça or Real don't pay massively high wages, which they do.  There's a difference between FCB and RM though and that is indeed that Barça have totally leaned on the club name to negotiate lower transfer fees in the past whereas Real Madrid have used that and then backed it up by constantly breaking the transfer fee record almost year upon year.  You can't compete with the two factors, that's the reality!

Again where I agree with you is that in this particular case with the Coutinho situation and a possible move to FC Barcelona the only ones that hold the aces in the cards is Liverpool FC.  The latest (from leaked info) is that even though Barça have met with a mess at Liverpool in terms of the negotiations (the mess is that apparently two different people at the English club are issuing contrasting info), Liverpool have said that the price is €100m which in today's practically valueless and collapsing Pound Sterling, that's almost £100m (£98m point something to be closer)...  I don't know what's happening right now in terms of how Barcelona are negotiating because the board is in disarray and under pressure from various groups within the "socios" (that's the owners of the club, the paying fans) and a vote for censure from two possible candidates for the presidency (Agustí Benedito and Tony Freixa).  The club president, Josep Maria Bartomeu is under massive pressure and has been for quite some time now due to various gaffs that I won't go into here.  So I wouldn't be surprised right now (where under normal circumstances I would be very surprised) if Barça actually matched the €100m, to which I think Liverpool should snatch the money from their hands and run because Philippe Coutinho IS NOT worth that money!  I'm not saying he can't be worth that money in the future because he's still young, but as of now, as of what he's delivered on a consistent level, he's should NEVER be valued at that amount.

We'll have to wait and see what happens but the player is desperate for the move and it has nothing to do with higher wages in this case as Verratti's begging PSG for the Barça move had nothing to do with wages...  That's the weight and status of the football club.  But as you say...  Money rules the roost right at this moment in time.

If we take €100m for him we won't sign a good enough replacement and we'll have fucked our season up before it starts. So no, I don't think we should take the money. If I were Peter Moore, I'd refuse to answer the phone if Barca or Coutinho's agent called. Or if I did answer the phone all I would say is "fuck off twats".

1 minute ago, Cicero said:

Thought it was 100% done? 

The agreement between the player and Barça seems to be what's done.  Infact Coutinho will be taking a pay cut to join according to his agent.

The other factor between club and club I mentioned that Liverpool were caught in a mess because it seems it was a surprise that Barcelona went in officially for him and sources within Barça are saying that they've been negotiating with two different people saying two different things.

Just now, Burning Gold said:

Yes mate, that is the idea.

Yeah, I get that.  But you're keeping a player that wants to be somewhere else.

Take for example Barcelona fans who 80% want Neymar out because of these types of shenanigans, and he's 100 times the player Coutinho is and worth more to the club.

That attitude is actually one of a small club. (get ready to be bombarded).

• Subscriber

How can Barcelona and Coutinho have an agreement without Barcelona and Liverpool having one?

Perhaps just bullshit on the part of people claiming there's an agreement between Barcelona and the player but if not this is yet another case of blatant tapping up that will go without punishment or even acknowledgement. 

Just now, RandoEFC said:

How can Barcelona and Coutinho have an agreement without Barcelona and Liverpool having one?

Perhaps just bullshit on the part of people claiming there's an agreement between Barcelona and the player but if not this is yet another case of blatant tapping up that will go without punishment or even acknowledgement. 

Because this is what happens in the real world.

Do you think clubs go in blindly negotiating with a club without knowing if the player actually wants to join them?

• Subscriber
1 minute ago, SirBalon said:

Because this is what happens in the real world.

Do you think clubs go in blindly negotiating with a club without knowing if the player actually wants to join them?

No but tapping up is still clearly not allowed as Liverpool themselves were called out on it with Van Dijk earlier this summer.

There's a difference between finding out if a player is interested (did Barcelona really need to check that?) and agreeing a deal with the player before the club have given permission for him to negotiate with another club. 

The other problem is what constitutes "tapping up"? If Koeman calls Giroud's agent and asks if he'd be interested in joining Everton, is that tapping up even if Koeman and Everton have no actual contact with Giroud before a fee is agreed with Arsenal? The whole situation needs clarifying and enforcing properly. 

29 minutes ago, RandoEFC said:

Clubs give permission for players to talk to clubs before a fee is agreed when they know he's likely to leave.  

• The title was changed to Philippe Coutinho Officially Signs for FC Barcelona
  • The topic was locked

Archived