Crystal Palace vs Brighton

Fulham vs Nottm Forest

Leicester vs Tottenham

Southampton vs Wolves

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Expect several goals in our game. Still got issues defending. Kane to bag his typical goal(s) against us. 

Hope Tetê and Iheanacho can deliver the goods again. They were quality vs Villa. 

• Subscriber

I'm a lot more excited for this than previous games. That Villa win was a real new lease of life for this side - I hope anyway.

No result here would surprise me, bar probably 0-0 as this fixture is one of the most goal heavy in the division. Usually for them.

• Administrator
27 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

Lemina  of Wolves, on a yellow and gets a second one for dissent.  Either he's an idiot or it's kind of harsh.

Apparently 2nd yellow for 'running aggressively towards the referee' 

What's going on with Leicester?   Looking like they are on the way to the Championship most of the season and just before they are due to play United they become world beaters.

They need to revert to form next weekend, can't have them scoring 4 against United next Sunday.

• Administrator
12 minutes ago, Redcanuck said:

What's going on with Leicester?   Looking like they are on the way to the Championship most of the season and just before they are due to play United they become world beaters.

They need to revert to form next weekend, can't have them scoring 4 against United next Sunday.

Haha doubt we'll score 4. Man Utd can be defensively solid unlike Spurs. We've hit some good form now that we have balance in the squad. The new signings are brilliant.

• Administrator

Blew Spurs away with some of our play. Porro had a horrid time against Barnes/Kristiansen.

That Mendy goal. Ridiculous for someone who just never scores. Even aside from that, he played like Kante used to for us.

Iheanacho amongst the goals again - always gets involved with a goal or assist, or both. 

Souttar gives a lot of assurance at CB, makes Faes play better.

Tete didn't do much today, but just by having a winger who sticks out on the wing and stays wide gives us so much more balance and allows more space for Maddison/Iheanacho/centre-mids to operate.

Very satisfying victory. Much-needed to back up last week but also with 2 tough games coming up against Man Utd/Arsenal.

I do think there's been something about Villa & Spurs (weak defence?) that has suited Leicester. Not sure they'll stay looking so impressive in the matches they have ahead. But surely confidence will be up again. And they seem to have sorted out plenty of whatever was going on.

Wolves: I am happy to see them get 3 points. I do like to see them do ok. Somewhere below Villa.

Arsenal.. that's a bad result. Needed the W after last week. And I genuinely don't see too much hope Villa doing them a similar favour.

Big draw to keep the unbeaten run going but it’s disappointing to come away from that with only a point. Much like we did against Liverpool we controlled the game with our defensive structure and caused problems on the counter, ultimately should have scored more than we did but we certainly didn’t create as much as we did against Liverpool.

I think there will be a lot of noise around Arsenal and about flopping but they’ve been beaten by a new manager bounce and then just had a job done on them by a team who has done a job on so many top 6 sides this season. When Jesus comes back they’ll have a world class centre forward back to link everything up. We play in a way which beats up the defences of teams that press high, I’m not sure Arsenal will play many teams this season that will do the same.

It’s always going to be a tough season for Arsenal to win the league, I don’t think they’re playing in a way that appears catastrophic, it’s just hard to maintain what they’ve done already this season.

On a personal note it’s great to see Toney get on the scoresheet and dampen their day. Could have taken all 3 points, know he will be under their skins as he has been since last season.

Today was a banana skin for us after how we lost earlier in the season, but I think we played well, imposed ourselves on the game and just left the pitch with the bigger mentality and that showed in the performance. Roerslev is fast becoming a first choice at RB whether Hickey is fit or not, Ben Mee is just so dominant and a back 3 that includes him and Pinnock just sweeps everything up.

It’s going to be difficult to keep this run of form going but we’ve put ourselves in a strong position and have a style of play that counteracts the reactive nature of tactics used within the league.

• The topic was unpinned

Archived