The better place to talk football.

Other PL Round 23 Fixtures - Saturday 11th February, 2023

football forum

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
1 hour ago, Gunnersaurus said:

@Stan So what do you think now? Keep Rodgers till the end of the season?  Like I said before I think he should go at the end of the season. But this season is about just staying in the league at this point. 

It's 2 games with massive improvement after getting what he wanted in the transfer window. 

I think he has until the end of the season regardless. 

I think it's a big welcome bonus that we've won these 2 games but done so with some element of style and excitement. Before Villa I didn't think we'd be getting another point until mid-March. But I'm so happy there seems to be a good feeling amongst the club now. 

• Administrator
1 hour ago, The Palace Fan said:

It's amazing that no matter how much Brighton improve they still struggle to beat us.

Been adjudged that their goal was incorrectly ruled out for offside. 

Another game ruined (?) because of some more inept officials. Although I suspect you probably won't care which is understandable xD

• Subscriber

Fantastic. Absolutely great stuff. We were well worth that result - I can't even say it's one of them where everything has just flew in from miles out (bar the miracle of Mendy actually scoring and what a hit too). Probably the best 90 minute display I've seen from us in two years. Thoroughly enjoyable.

He's found the system now and as I've said all season - should've been playing Iheanacho. Two games and that's five goal contributions is it? Should've been six as well for that nonsense offside.

I knew this team had it in them. It's simply far too good a side to be doing this badly. Onwards and upwards.

5 hours ago, Dan said:

Bad, bad day for officiating. Some absolutely laughable decisions in seemingly every game.

Pipe down ffs. You’re just a fan that doesn’t know the rules. You have no idea of the consequences these poor referees face on a daily basis. Shame on you.

9 hours ago, Stan said:

Been adjudged that their goal was incorrectly ruled out for offside. 

Another game ruined (?) because of some more inept officials. Although I suspect you probably won't care which is understandable xD

I was right by the away end and I laughed so hard my throat still hurts.

• Subscriber
2 hours ago, The Palace Fan said:

I was right by the away end and I laughed so hard my throat still hurts.

I was directly opposite the away fans and it was hilarious. Their chants of Who Are Ya and then the Palace fans doing the same when it was ruled out.

Enjoyed the game on the whole. Vieira must have laid into Mateta at half time because he was horrendous in the first half and then suddenly starting to go for balls and aerial challenges at the start of the second. 

1 hour ago, Pyfish said:

I was directly opposite the away fans and it was hilarious. Their chants of Who Are Ya and then the Palace fans doing the same when it was ruled out.

Enjoyed the game on the whole. Vieira must have laid into Mateta at half time because he was horrendous in the first half and then suddenly starting to go for balls and aerial challenges at the start of the second. 

Mateta is a weird one. He's six foot three but jumps like he's five foot three.

I think his level is just bottom half Prem league which isn't necessarily a bad thing but I don't really have any confidence in him to change games in a season when all the bottom half teams look competitive.

The referee committee or whatever it's called have admitted the Brentford goal being allowed was 'human error'. 

I know there's a long way to go but that goal could potentially cost Arsenal the title. Arteta should be raging. In any other walk of life if you do your job as badly as some of these clowns then you'd be sacked.

35 minutes ago, N U F C said:

The referee committee or whatever it's called have admitted the Brentford goal being allowed was 'human error'. 

I know there's a long way to go but that goal could potentially cost Arsenal the title. Arteta should be raging. In any other walk of life if you do your job as badly as some of these clowns then you'd be sacked.

Arsenal can have no complaints, a perfectly legal goal for Mbeumo was ruled out first half. If we take the lead that early, based on our record of rarely losing games where we take the lead first this season and what we’ve done to the likes of Liverpool, United, City and Brighton when that’s happened I would say Arsenal got off lightly in the grand scheme of things. They really didn’t test Raya today and I think if we get that first goal then the momentum carries us through on the chances we ended up missing.

MOTD went in depth to show how our goal was offside yet the legal goal we scored wasn’t shown in the highlights and got a brief mention after an intense breakdown of the equaliser in the analysis. It’s that big club bias in the media that creates the narrative that Arsenal were fortunate not to win.

• Subscriber
6 hours ago, DeadLinesman said:

Pipe down ffs. You’re just a fan that doesn’t know the rules. You have no idea of the consequences these poor referees face on a daily basis. Shame on you.

I'm going to take this opportunity to double down. Fuck every one of them and fuck them all again!

2 hours ago, Danny said:

Arsenal can have no complaints, a perfectly legal goal for Mbeumo was ruled out first half. If we take the lead that early, based on our record of rarely losing games where we take the lead first this season and what we’ve done to the likes of Liverpool, United, City and Brighton when that’s happened I would say Arsenal got off lightly in the grand scheme of things. They really didn’t test Raya today and I think if we get that first goal then the momentum carries us through on the chances we ended up missing.

MOTD went in depth to show how our goal was offside yet the legal goal we scored wasn’t shown in the highlights and got a brief mention after an intense breakdown of the equaliser in the analysis. It’s that big club bias in the media that creates the narrative that Arsenal were fortunate not to win.

Yes, it's something certain clubs have to cope with. Whether it's a conscious bias, or catering to the fact there's probably a few million more armchair fans of certain clubs. Caters to them, yes. But can be off putting when you're watching BBC, Sky or whoever & not Football Club TV.

• The topic was unpinned

Brentford played well and their performance was deserving of something from the game but they definitely shouldn't have gotten it.

Not even a regular bad decision that people can say "sometimes bad decisions go against you". This was them just not doing their job properly which they've now even admitted to. Extremely, extremely annoying.

Archived